2015-10-05 06:59:08

Hi all.
So I want to start very basic of python, but I don't know how to install pyaudiogame.
I typed python setup.py install but python couldn't find the setup.py file. what should I do?
Thanks

2015-10-05 08:23:34

If you are in the correct directory, and you have the file association that runs .py files with python, try:
setup.py install
I haven't tried pyaudiogame, but this usually works.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-10-06 06:27:13

Hi
So I solved the problem, but I've encountered another problem.
When I run the setup.py install, It doesn't detect the pyaudiogame directory, So I got this error.
Error packige directory pyaudiogame does not exist.
I've extracted the pyaudiogame and I've set path to the right directory. What should I do?
Thanks

2015-10-07 22:16:24

pyaudiogame comes with a prebuilt python installed, so you should use that. Otherwise:
You don't do anything with the folder. You download the zip file, unzip it, go into the requirements folder, and go into each folder in there. While you are in the folder where each package's setup.py is, you open up a prompt there and type:
python setup.py install
and it will install everything. Once you have installed all the requirements, then you can do the same with pyaudiogame.
But I would really suggest going to:
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

and going through that tutorial. It is way more developed than the pyaudiogame tutorial is and you will learn about packages directly from there.

2015-10-08 16:46:50

Hi
First, python setup.py install doesn't work. So I typed this.
Path c:\temp\pyaudiogame-0.04\pyaudiogame-0.04
Then, I typed setup.py install.
But it couldn't detect the pyaudiogame directory.
But I've installed all the requirements using this method. What should I do next?
And how to create a audio based menu using other modules? I can use pygame or pyglet, but I think it has been discontinued. Any other active game development libraries?
Thanks

2015-10-08 17:21:53

Firstly you may not want to store that in the temp directory; Those files get deleted.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-10-09 02:14:17

No, I've created a new folder called temp. So it's not an actual temp directory.

2015-10-09 07:08:19

Hi
One more question. How can I allow command line to acces everything I want? When I attempt to install something, It sometimes displays a permission error. I'm using the admin account in my windows, And I have only 1 account. What should I do?
Thanks

2015-10-14 04:13:06

You should be putting everything into C:\users\yourname\someFolderName
or c:\SomeFolderName

Because
1. python doesn't like names with spaces and
2. anything in program files won't work.

Panda3d is active and so is pyglet

2015-10-15 01:23:08

No, It didn't work.
Command: Path c:\pyaudiogame0.04\pyaudiogame0.04
Setup.py install

Result: Error package directory pyaudiogame doesn't exist.
I've changed the name of the directory to pyaudiogame, but it doesn't work.
What should I do now? And Is there any way to create an audio based menu with other libraries? Without pyaudiogame.

2015-10-15 02:07:50

Yes of coarse. You just need to create an iterator and assign it to move forward and back when the correct keys are pressed. Then when you hit enter, a callback function runs.
accessible_output2 is the package that makes the speech.
http://hg.q-continuum.net/accessible_output2/

2015-10-15 02:09:11

Is python installed? because you should be typing:
python setup.py install

2015-10-15 06:44:01

Yes, I'm using python 3.5.0. And python setup.py install works, but the problem is, It can't detect the correct directory.