2015-10-12 21:48:09

It's eally just a place whare your not ment to live, but more a place you have to travel threw in order to get to other areas.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-10-12 22:16:17

hello sam, i've thaught up a few suggestions for stw.
1: a system of seasons. You could make a hole year. For example in the spring, berries are a little harder to find. In the summer, they are a little easyer to find and in the autumn, you can find them pretty much everywhere where there are trees. in the winter, it could sometimes snow, and the ambience could change to reflect that. e.G. The stream would freaze, and you would need to heet up the water over a fire to get it unfrozen. The birds could disappear, and the animals in the clay, too. If you ever add whild animals, things like bears will be less hostile and easyer to kill, because they hybernate during the winter. In the winter, it is very hard to find berries or grass, however it should be easyer to pull branches from trees, maybe make the time slightly less?
2: Wetness and cold. This would provide more reason for a fire. If its night in the winter, its gonna be freazing so make sure you get yourself a fire or some other form of shelter. If you are wet, you could get colder faster. If you are too cold, you will start to lose health untill you die. The same with being hot. If its a hot day during the summer, you've worked the hole day, you will start to get warmer and warmer. You would also lose health with this. Different areas could have different weather patterns, e.G. In the mountain, it never really gets warmer in the summer, and in the desert, storms could be very, very rare. Also in the desert, you could have very hot days and very cold nights.
3; Clothing. With the suggestions above, it might also be a good thing to imploment different peaces of clothing to wear. Some of them would protect you against attacks  from players or animals, while others help to keep you warm, and still others might just be suitable for protecting your modisty! You'd need to be able to get things such as flax, leather etc and soe them together into clothes. You could find finished clothes ready for pick up at a clothing store in the fishing village.
That's enoug hfor feature requests for now, and now I've decided to be a bit creative. I've written up descriptions of all the items that I have in my inventory and some others as well that I thaught of. It seems to me that the only items that have descriptions are the ones you start out with knife, watch, radio and lighter, so here we go this is not orderd in any way, shape or form!
empty water baloon: An empty baloon. Maybe you could put water in it?
Water baloon: A baloon full with water and tied at the end. Wouldn't it be fun to splash someone?
Clay: A medium sized peace of clay toarn up from the ground around a wet area.
pot: a croodly formed clay pot. It could store a small amount of water quite well.
broken fishing pole: This fishing pole seems to have the string for the bate and hook missing. You should find something to repair it with.
fishing pole: A quite well working pole to catch fish. Nothing more than a wood shaft and a peace of string to connect everything, but it still works.
Lure: A clay lure. It could surve as bate to catch fish.
all forms of metal: A jagget peace of metal. You could build something with it.
stone: A generic peace of stone taken from the ground. It can be easally molded or formed by a knife, though.
spear: A sharp stone connected to a shaft. Its primitiv, but that doesn't mean it can't kill people!
Sharp stone: This is a stone sharpened to a point at one end.
wood: A large peace of wood collected from the remains of a tree. Its carvable.
Carved wood: A peace of wood perfectly carved witha knife.
Shaft: A short shaft. There are a few notches and dents here and there but otherwise it looks fine.
Long shaft: Two shafts seamlessly combined into one long shaft. You could attach it to something.
Precarious block: A croodly fassioned large peace of wood forms this block.
Block: A wood block has been layered in clay, making it slightly more resistant and more fit for building
Sticky block: Two layers of clay have been added to this block. Its quite sticky now. You could glew something to it.
Huge block: Two sticky blocks combined into a quite large block. If you needed to, you could sit on it.
soil: A clump of brown earth. Who knows how many microbes and bacteria are cralling around in it.
Branch: A branch ripped from a tree.
Tied branch: A branch ripped from a tree. A peace of string is tied to one end.
Wooden triangle: A wooden triangle formed by tieing some branches to each other.
Disfigured frame: A chipped, notched and bent frame. You could balance it out a little with something sharp.
Frame: A well carved frame held together by string, made out of wooden branches. You could insert something into it.
Disfigured boat: A poorly balanced boat. If you prepped it a little, you could set out to sea.
Boat: A small boat. There seems to be enough room for one person.
Broken bow: This bow seems to be missing something.
Disfigured bow: Its an allmost complete bow, the only thing it needs is to be balanced out well and the string securely tied.
Bow: A fully formed bow. If you needed to, you could shoot with it.
arrow: Its actually just a branch carved into the ruf shape of a projectile with a knife, but its well made and very well balanced.
hammer: A peace of clay formed into the ruf shape of a hammerhead has hardened, enabling you to connect a shaft to it. This could be useful...
Hammerhead: A hammerhead made out of clay. Its gone reasonably hard and could be used for smashing.
paddle: A plank with a shaft connecting to it. It could be used as a paddle for a small boat.
dirt: A small clump of brown dirt with a few dead plant parts still in it.
sand: This is sand. Nothing more to say really.
gravel: A handful of small stones.
string: A long stretch of grass lengthened and pulled into a quite strong string.
grass; an unremarcable blade of grass. It could have come from anywhere.
glass: A shard of standard glass. Still very sharp.
mud: A peace of mud, probably harvested from some watery area.
Snow: A handful of snow, probably from the mountain top.
Ice: A chunk of ice, wripped up from the ground.
Captured fish: A speared fish. At least its no longer alive and can't run away.
gutted fish: A sliced and gutted fish. The only thing that's left to do is to remove the head, internal organs and other useless things.
Raw fish: A perfectly prepared and gutted fish, ready for frying.
Edable fish: A fried fish ready for eating.
Chips: A bag of chips from the gas station.
Water bottle: This could hold more water than any hand made pots out in the wilderness.
Berry: A small berry. It could double as a nice snack.
Weed: A reasonably large pile of weed harvested from the weed pile.
Dipped boal: A small boal formed by hand out of clay.
Water baloon pack: an unopened pack of water baloons.
Gift: Oh wow, a gift wrapped in paper with a boe on it. The bow has a small notice on it. "From sam. Enjoy." Wonder what's inside... go ahead and find out! ur? who the hell is sam? Oh well that doesn't matter right now, doesn't it?
Lance: Its very slow, but this thing can be devestating at close range.
Compass: A croodly made but still functional compass. It'll help out in the wild.
leaves: A bunch of dead or dieing leaves taken from the ground.
Chip: mmm... Saulty... crunchy... delicious! You can't remember the last time you had one of these.
Water: Fresh or sault water collected and stored ready for drinking.
Revolver: A working small callibor revolver. The only thing you'd need right now are bullets.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-10-12 22:34:52

Wow! those are really nice descriptions. Maybe just put something a bit more funny as some of the descriptions?
Edable fish: A fish. Edable. You ate so menny you are not sure why you are not sick of them. Yum.
Chips: chips! A hole bag of it! What better thing can happen in the wilderness?
Eh, forget it, your descriptions were actually better. Really creative descriptions, lets hope Sam likes them, too!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-10-13 22:08:33

@conner142, great ideas and great descriptions! I have been planning to do seasons but still thinking of how the heck i'm going to do it. But i'll defenatly add all of your descriptions to the game in the next update! Thanks!

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-10-14 21:33:54

So I have a question, is it ok for someone to sit and spam flares all day?
Also, is it ok for someone to drop stuff on you until you dye while you have pk turned off?
Today, I was working on making a boat when all of a sudden. I hear someone dropping a bunch of stuff and before I know it, I'm dead.
I'm not sure if it's because this asshole dropped stuff on me until I died but from what it seemed like that's what happened.
So I'd thought I'd come on here and ask.

2015-10-14 21:44:13

Well, they can only drop stuff on you from the air, and if you are careful enough it is not hard to avoid it, especially if you are in a tree ... but yeah, this bug really is anoying. I get it Sam wanted something so people would not build plank towrs in the air and stuff like that, but this bug really is anoying.
And about the flairs ... yeah, some people do it, sadly. there is not much you can do (if you don't want to drop items on their heads). it is not right, but people don't care, anyway, and they don't get banned for that.

2015-10-15 00:25:58

That was something I already fixed and once I release the new update people won't be able to do that anymore. About the flair spamming, that too is going to get fixed, thanks to a lovely idea that I happened to have on the code side of things, and this idea will not only prevent flair spamming, but will also stop all those stupid cheaters who have nothing to do than purpasly make there net connection really slow and use lag to get things done. I can't promase when I'll get this second fix done as it is a bit harder then making it so you can't open your inventory while jumping, but i'll defs look at it and I think I can fix.

2015-10-15 12:20:55

in the next update can you put a option to turn off when players log on and off, and can you also make and option for us to mute players or turn off chat? even though I have my channel set to English there are players on that channel that speak other languages, and they send messages back, to back to back to back, u know how annoying that is lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-10-15 12:22:29

one more thing, have u thought about putting transportation in the game? like us riding a bike, scooter, go kart, anything like that

2015-10-15 12:24:29

this game also reminds me of a rpg, so when you throw in the animals, then maybe you can throw in rpg elements like a leveling up system like the final fantasy games

2015-10-15 13:04:11

Can someone explain to me how to catch a fish? I'm listening to the walkthrough that Walter made about the game, but I can't understand how to catch the fish. I made the pole, but my line keeps breaking. I know I need to cast the line, and then take out the lewer, press T when it's in my hand, and then what?
Thanks so much.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-10-15 14:58:13

Just keep pressing t un til you hear splashing, and then a metal byting sound (you can hear it in the walkthrough). Then do what walter did: quickly put away the lure, then press t until you hear a click ... and then you should understand what to do after that. You can also read the readme, it is verry useful, and a must to read.

2015-10-15 21:06:14

thanks sam for getting back to me on that.
That's good to know.
I think for now I'll just wait until that update arives.

2015-10-16 21:37:58

hello sam
my computer is band
elp me
thaks

2015-10-17 08:38:33

I took a break from playing the game, but I picked it back up this week and man, it has gotten so much better. From the tracking to being able to disable PK, awesome. Also, the new items and things that have been added are awesome. I agree with Smoovgunner, there should be some way to make transportation. We have boats for the ocean, so why not some way to save energy while on land? Not completely save energy, because no matter what the transportation may be, like a bike or scooter, you'd have to use energy operating like on the boat. And I can't wait for animals that I can kill to make clothes and meat, or at least meat. The whole levelling up system I can do without, but that's up to you. Keep up the work Sam, I love this game.

2015-10-17 16:42:06

hello survivers, I am currently stuck on the tall mountain how do I get back down? my water is limited so until I get a concrete answer guess I will finally give stw a break for a few hours lol and is there anything useful I can find up here other than stones?
and kudos to the street fighter4 music on the mountain nice touch

2015-10-17 17:27:43

depends. Do you want to go back to the mainland or to the lake?

2015-10-17 17:52:58

Hi Sam, I have some suggestions:
Why don't you cansel diving in the pond? Since the pond's water isn't deep as its walking sounds show. The sounds here are a sounds of a feet walking on a small water, then how do we dive into it? Or I suggest you to change them into swimming sounds to make them suitable with diving. Am I right? I hope you like this suggestion. Another one: why don't you add a key so we can no what we have left of our breath while diving? This will help us as well as making it more realistic, because in the real life you can know what you have left of your breath under water. Yup the bubbles can do the job, but not completely.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-10-17 17:53:47

it doesn't matter, which ever one is faster to get to.....let me give u an idea where im at, I ran past a fire, I just found some stones on the floor as well

2015-10-17 20:28:13

I have a suggestion.
About the microwaves
  I think it is a ways of batter if you cook 1 raw fish and 2 batteries at a time.  What if,  you can just put 2 batteries and add an option to toggle the microwaves on and off? Because if you meant to create this game realistic, the batteries arn't use like that way.  The purpose why i am suggesting a thing like this so that you can cook 1 or 2 fish at a time.
Thanks. Best regards

2015-10-17 22:20:04

well, I can't really help you when it comes to the mountain. Its big, and this description won't help. To go back to the mainland, keep heading left and down. To go to the lake, keep heading east and up.

2015-10-18 10:08:29

so, first thats a really nice game!!! But i travel to the hospital and searching for Items. But i don't find anything. Are there nothing? The same in the Gas Station...

2015-10-18 11:59:15

Hospital is big. You probably won't find anything at the dor or near it, it is best to search it fully. In the station the spawning rate is low, you must wait, especially because sometimes people just wait there and pick everything.

2015-10-18 13:32:44

hi all, how to craft a lance?

2015-10-18 15:25:12

You still can't. You can get it from other players and you could also get it on lance fight event ... if we ever have one. But we still can't craft it.