2008-08-15 09:12:25

Hi, I have a question to ask: Is there a way that .wav files can be switched to .og-files? I'm trying to build a new sound pack for soundrts but SoundRTS can only handle .og files, and if a person can change a .wav file into a .og file, which sound editor should be used, and can I get such an editor for free?

To know, and not to do, is not to know.

2008-08-15 11:00:22

Well you can use gold wave, to convert with it use batch processing. or use switch, this one's free. Too bad that the program allowing you to build a new speech synthesizer pack from a sapi 5 voice builds it all as .wav files, I guess it's a python limitation.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-08-15 14:05:53

Where can I find that free sound editor you wrote about, peter?

2008-08-15 15:19:22 (edited by pitermach 2008-08-15 15:21:06)

switch is an converter, not a sound editor.
anyway it's at this link it will start the download.

2008-08-16 00:37:30

Wich formats will this program support? As in' what formats will it convert from and what formats will it convert to.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-08-16 00:52:09 (edited by pitermach 2008-08-16 00:54:53)

the list is long, .wav, .ogg, .mp3, .aiff, .au, .amr, to name few, it will be easier to go to the
switch's home page and read the list from there. O! I forgotten it can handle mid to mp3 conversion, mid to wav and mid to ogg.
ps. wrong URl, go to the nch swifth sound page and navigate from there.

2008-08-19 14:33:54

I see that Switch has a lot of extra utilities. Eg. Express burner, which is a CD-burning utility. WavePad sound editor, RecordPad, sound recorder, and many more. You can even get a multi-channel track recorder, an audio-stream recorder, etc. Thanks pitermage, for helping me get to this one!