2015-09-20 18:46:55

Hi all!
So I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Medieval MMORPG, Lords and Knights.
On Wednesday, 23 September, numerous new servers will be launched, including UK7, Australia 7 and USA 10.
New servers are always great, as it allows for fresh starts and new plans.
Myself and another forum member, Zakc93, previously played on Australia 5 and 6 up to some point, before we decided to wait for a new server. With UK 7 coming out, we want to try again. We made some very good friends from our ventures on the Australia servers, willing to join us.
Since this game is somewhat popular here, we thought we'd ask if anyone would be interested in joining us? I think it should be loads of fun; not just the game but the community vibe; perhaps you might even make a few new friends, as you help our alliance battle for glory! smile
I hope we can get some new people to join, and hopefully stay on for a long time.
Please post here if interested or with questions, and on the day of launch I'll give the alliance info, etc.
We'll be playing on the UK 7 server, just to reiterate.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2015-09-20 19:33:46

web version still inaccessible right?  I don't have a phone so I just wanted to make sure.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-09-24 10:14:20

UK7 is up and we've started. Anyone interested in joining us? We're looking for recruits. Since the server is still new everyone is still relatively small. It's the perfect time to start playing because you won't have to deal with people with overwhelming force that are impossible to beat. Just look for Whackhead (bcs993's name on the game) and message him if you're interested.

2015-09-24 13:49:26

Things may have changed, but the last time I was following the progress of that game on applevis, it was fiddly.

Is it still just as fiddly to play?

If I have to jump through hoops to play I may as well not bother.

2015-09-24 14:12:47

Hi.
Firstly, from what I understand the web version is still inaccessible. Secondly, the iOS game itself seems pretty stable with voiceover. I haven't found any issues yet. And Zak's right, if you guys want to join, you are more than welcome to message me in the game. We have formed our alliance and I would be happy to get you joining.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2015-09-28 10:44:51

My game maybe is different from yours,this game is also a kind of rpg game,called Goddess of war,it is also a good choice for some one who like the online rpg game.the site is:http://gow.joywar.com/

2015-09-28 11:24:53

hi guys! Are there any accesibility improvements in the Android Version fo Lords and Knights^ Last time I played the game, the map was completely inaccessible so I didn't know where to go or where other castles were. Thanks for your answer! Bye

Claudio

2015-09-28 15:23:47

Unfortunately, as I do not own an Android device, I can't tell if there have been improvements.
I hope someone better informed can let us know?

Brendan
-----

2015-10-12 18:24:28

Hi.
I have just created my profile and I'm interested to join. I can't figure out how to search for any players in the game. I'm called SoerenJensen. I need to get more used to the game though. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-10-12 18:46:11

Hi SLJ.
I trust you're on the UK7 server? In order to search, go on your profile, look for the "rankings" button, when tapping on there you'll see a search field. In there you can type the name of the player you want to find. If you wish to find me, search for the name "whackhead". Just don't mind the symbols around my name, that is the "uniform" of my alliance, to distinguish ourselves from the others. If you have questions about the game, you can either just post them here and I'll - or someone else - will gladly try and answer, or you can see the FAQ/support, also found in the profile, which should explain quite a bit.
Hope that helps!

Brendan
-----

2015-10-13 08:10:17

I must say that I really enjoy the game. I don't remember why I stopped playing the game long time ago, but I remember I found the battles very difficult for some reason.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-10-13 08:28:27 (edited by bcs993 2015-10-13 08:29:01)

The battle idea is a bit trickier and I'll see what I can do about writing as comprehensive a guide on it as I know how to, at some point. The basics are that, upon landing at a castle, the battle will start 10 minutes after. Each time there are enough units (more than 100) another round will happen in the next 10 minutes.
Also, there are certain units good for defense, while others are good for offense.
At first, I suggest defending yourself before going on the attack. What I normally do is have 2 castles stacked with defensive troops, then start getting other troops in new castles. Thus, one fully upgraded "defensive" castle of mine would look almost like this: 1100 - 1200 Speer men, 1200 - 1300 crossbowmen, around 800 - 900 armored horsemen (though this could be more) and just a few hundred swordsmen, lancer horsemen and archers. For attacking castles, it's pretty much the opposite.
I hope that helped somewhat.

Brendan
-----

2015-10-13 16:05:50

That breakdown of troops is really helpful to me.  I've always wondered how many of each unit to have in a castle.
I just started on the USA10 server, but if I can play on two servers at once, I'd be interested in joining UK7.

2015-10-13 16:30:50

Hi.
It's possible to play on as many servers as you like, however if you have time constraints prioritizing your servers might be tricky, as most alliances love active members and would kick those they deem "inactive".
Earlier, a friend and I played on Australia 5. We did pretty well, but our alliance wanted a switch to the (then) new Australia 6, to improve our chances at actually winning on the server. So I had a lot of castles on Australia 5, but gave it far less attention considering that I wanted to build in the new server.
And of course, when a war happens somewhere that takes up all your time. big_smile
So it entirely depends on you and whether you are okay with 2 servers at once.

Brendan
-----

2015-10-13 16:59:29

I'm not in an alliance on the other server yet, so I'll look around UK7 and if it's friendly and active, I may choose it as my primary one, and just play on the other as time allows.
I'm Cat on UK7 if anyone wants to message me, and my castle is called Loch Uair, which according to Google, means Lake of Time in Scottish Gaelic.

2015-10-14 07:48:04

Thanks Brendan.
What is a fully upgraded castle like? Or can i just keep upgrading my castle?

Best regards SLJ.

2015-10-14 12:51:13

It means that all the buildings have been upgraded to the maximum level. I remember I helped someone in a topic a while back with that, even listing the levels and how to go about getting new castles. To stay active, I suggest you try and make upgrades as much as you can. Focus on resources and resource stores at first, then your farm, followed by other buildings.
Here's the topic in which I answered all these questions:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=15170
Hope that helps.

Brendan
-----

2015-10-14 19:29:23

Thanks a ton dude. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2015-10-23 20:45:12

I'm redownloading the game now. I forget how to send a message to somebody. I want to join.

2015-10-24 00:31:23 (edited by blaze 2015-10-24 01:06:33)

Hi,
I myself am a big fan of LNK, and I've always wanted to start my own alliance of blind players, build it up, and show everyone that we're not the bunch of pushovers they see us as. How fun that would be! However, as seen in this topic and just in the general blind net, people are all over the world, and thus, like to use different servers. My empire, however small, resides on USA10, which has actually seen quite a bit of decline in activity over the last couple of months. So much so, in fact, that a huge discount was placed on Annexing castles so that more of the map would be inhabited by actual players. I'm still fairly new to the game, but I used to play Celtic tribes, so I'm familiar with the mechanics of this one. If anyone would join it, I might consider creating an alliance on USA10 after I build up my defenses a bit. I only have two castles at the moment, and neither of them are fully upgraded or well defended. So I've decided to hide behind another massive alliance with a lot of nonaggression pacts with other people until I at least have a chance of not being flattened.
Edit: I read through the old topic created by Jeselivo, and I noticed there was a lot of confusion about watching videos to gain gold. Although a time consuming, annoying and sometimes daunting task, it can actually save you quite a bit of time in the long run. It has for me. Unfortunately, the ads are hardly accessible with VO. If you get used to the pattern though, it's not too difficult.

There are a few types of ads. The first, and perhaps the most annoying, are videos advertising free apps. There is no accessible way, at least not one that I know of, to close the window that comes up after those videos. You'll just have to double tap anywhere on the screen, and it will either open the app store API in the game, or it'll open a link in safari which will redirect you to the real app store. Just close out of all that crap, go back into the game, and you should have your gold. The second type you'll come across are ads with external sources attached, usually websites. When using object navigation (left and right swiping), the very first thing VO will come across is an unlabeled link which will close that page right down and hand you your gold. The third type of ads are usually longer clips, such as movie trailers. There are only two buttons after this type of video finishes playing. The first replays it (does not credit you again), and the second closes it down. The fourth, and my favorite, just closes itself. These usually include ads in other languages or ads without given URLs or ad tracking.
Oh, and if your gold doesn't appear right away, be patient. I don't know if it's the server or my internet or what the hell, but sometimes it takes a few seconds or even minutes to appear.
Hope my lengthy explanation helps you all rise to glory faster.

2015-10-24 18:31:43

hi guies,
anyone can post link?
I want to play with my android phone.
I've been looking brendan's first post,  doesn't contains any links

2015-10-24 22:25:11

Hi.
@revan, I found this link on the android app store, but please note that the last time I heard from android players, some elements of the game weren't very accessible. I suggest people contact the developers; in fact, I'm sure we can do something if an android user is willing to contact me privately regarding accessibility problems within the game.
I've recently written to them about a few bugs in the iOS version and they are very friendly and willing to help.
Anyway, the link...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en

@JWoodill21, to send someone a message, go to the profile tab. You'll see a button called "rankings" or something, just go in there and choose "points". You'll be presented with a list of players, but also a search field, where you can type in the name of a player. When you find it in the results, just tap on the name, flick til you hear send message, and from in there you would be able to send messages.
@alec, thanks for that info on the videos! It really helps.
LOL I can't possibly convince you to move over to UK7 can I? We actually have quite a number of blind players in our alliance; myself, Zak, SLJ and a friend of his included, and we're doing pretty well actually. SLJ already has 3 castles, while Zak and I both have 7 and are building up quite nicely. We'll be happy to try and help you grow very fast, if you like.

Brendan
-----

2015-10-25 20:49:51

@BCS993: You could, but it would be rather difficult, as i have spent the last few weeks using snippets of spare time and sometimes even class time to build up what i have, and to just throw that all away would be very sad in deed. If there was a way to transfer my stats over to another server, I would gladly do it, but as far as I know that's not possible. It would probably present its own share of security risks anyway. I guess the best I can hope for is that some huge alliance moves into my currently uninhabited area and wipes my existence off the face of the game, at which point I would have no reason to stay on USA10. That's probably not going to happen though, as like I said before, I live on the edge of a sea of players which are either part of my alliance or part of some other alliance who we are friends with. I suppose you could say I live in the suburbs of our chunk of land. A beautiful part of the map where there is nothing but small, independent communities who have little knowledge that they are more than likely going to become controlled by the almighty flashmaster55. Mewahahahahaha!
Not like I can't play on two worlds at once though, but I fear that this will become too daunting a task for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one can only be connected to one server at a time, therefore one will only get pushes from one server at a time, so I will have to check on both worlds to keep both of my empires alive. Some people might find this hard to believe, but I also play another game, and this game is called life, and I'm actually quite addicted to it. School needs to be attended, homework needs to be done, two sports need to be practiced, friends need to be talked to and girlfriend needs to be loved. Very long story short, I think I will stick to just one world for now, and if I find a way to transfer my stuff, let us rejoice.

2015-10-26 10:47:34

ahoy all
you all've got me interested in this again, so here I am on the UK7 server with my lords and ladys to serve myself. tongue
In terms of accessibility this game has taken huge leaps and bounds, just been doing the tutorial so far and the stuff that I've come across is much more accessible and usable than what it was back then
Music sounds and such are quite awesome as well, lets see if I can actually send support and do all those thingys that are timed. I.E battles

my username on the game is grryfindore and meh somehow I got my castle named the same as well. ug.
how far away is it a good idea to have castles that you own from each other?
and I suppose its a good idea to upgrade everything on all the castles you have or markets and such on just one stores and resource generators on all? I know loads of questions but I have almost forgotten everything about this game so have to relearn all the stuff
Brendan,  I'll join your alliance in a bit.  lets see how things turn out
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-10-26 12:31:06

Hi. @alec, don't worry, fair enough. Believe me, I also don't want to play on 2 worlds at once, I'm too busy myself. LOL I was just putting it out there, but should you ever get tired on USA10 you are more than welcome.
Unfortunately stats can't be transferred from one world to another.
@grryfindore, I got your message in the game and will reply soon. smile
You could move your castle to a better location, but it requires gold. We have a stronhold where we are all building, to make it easier to mobilise should we get attacked. For upgrades, I suggest focusing on all your resources and their stores, followed by the farm, then in due course move on to the other buildings. See how much you can grow in 2 weeks, for as long as you have your beginner's protection.

Brendan
-----