2015-08-25 11:20:22 (edited by mata 2015-09-13 22:19:14)

Here you are, Clokkpack mod!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sostb90q3l97p37/clok.rar?dl=0

Installation guide :
1. Unzip the Clok.rar file you downloaded, you'll get the Clok folder with everything inside. (I have removed some unnecessary stuffs from Sneak's original Clokpack).

*don't "extract here". There're some plugins before the Clok folder. You'll have to coppy those plugins to your plugins directory before you can use them.
2. Put the Clok folder anywhere you want. (Specificly anywhere you might have to access farely often. I recommend mush-z directory\worlds).
3. Now go inside the Clok folder, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a file called Clokworld.lua. This is the script file that you'll need the path. Press alt+d, and press shift+down and control+c to coppy whatever path you see there. The path ends at Clok folder.
4. Open Clok.mcl using notepad or wordpad. Try to find a line that says script_filename= "blah blah blah blah". Delete whatever path that is in that line, and place the path you got from Clokworld.lua in step 3. After you place the path, check if the last line ends at Clok, with no \clokworld.lua after. Type down \clokworld.lua, and save the file then go back out. Now your Clok world can access Clokworld script!

Side note :
*Make sure options 7, 13 and 14 is off, cause it'll be spammy and annoying for visually impaired people to navigate around. We have better ways.
*Make sure options 11 is on, 12 and 19 is off. If it doesn't follow this order, the battle sounds will not play.

I'm always up for any suggestion/comment, and will improve the realism of the sonds in the pack constantly. Keep in mind that this mod was originally made for myself, so there might be something odd. Just drop the word if you feel like some sounds shouldn't have been there.
*All credit goes to Sneak, the original maker of this pack. I just changed the sounds to make it seem far diffrent from Alter Aeon crappy ones, (yeah, I modded Alter Aeon sounds too).

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-25 21:03:56

Only thing you need to know about VIP is that if you use NVDA, you'll need the VIPMud NVDA addon.  Then set everything to no speech and you'll be fine.  If you use JAWS, VIP works out of the box with it.  Let me know if you have any trouble.  Merin's pack is up on the BBS.  I'd love to update the VIP pack at least with better sounding sounds.  I'm not sure if you can do possitioning, but I can ask.  I'd use mushclient, but another mud I play has a much better pack made for VIP.

2015-08-26 08:25:31

Whoa, I use jaws! I really wanna experiment vip soundpack and see if it's easier to make some triggers. I'm not good at coding, but may be if I struggle, I might be able to make out something. I can probably make mushclient triggers.
I have a huge bunch of sounds. I can't upload them all at once. Sharing sound mods is the great way to share it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-31 02:33:22

From what I've seen, VIP triggering isn't that difficult.  GIve it a try and see what happens.

2015-08-31 03:58:17

Sure, when I have time. University binds me tightly now, haha.
Anyone tried my clokpack mod yet? I'm gonna upload another version of it next month.

2015-08-31 19:37:02

Not at the moment, but I should.  Need to pull mushclient down.

2015-09-09 11:22:55

I didn't make monk, I was a hopeful.  But, after a year of waiting, I decided to try another path.  It works for me.  I just got master Lapidary skills, so I can make pretty things for folks, cook a mean pie, and still not have to fight...much.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2015-09-09 16:54:39

Great work great work!:)
How does lapidary mainly work anyway? i haven't had any char who could do it yet. Hmm, may be one day I should grab a handy artisan and try it out.

2015-09-10 02:14:05

I'm noticing something. As you all know on their my current char on their  is madock. I'm a mercenary. When I try to go and learn an ability like melay, coop demort or how ever you say it, it says I'm not ready for that yet, but its the only special ability that shows up in the guilds list.

Audio game king

2015-09-10 03:36:40

look at the prerequisits carefully man. you might have missed something.

2015-09-10 06:52:06

Hi.

Can I have an installer for mush z please? Thanks.

I want to try the mush z soundpack for this game.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-09-10 07:22:26

do you have mush-z in your computer? if so, get sneak's clokpack or my clok mod. if don't, download mush-z first. note though clokpack by sneak and my clok mod uses a little diffrent installing method

2015-09-10 20:05:51

I think that that melee ability is a generalized ability now.

2015-09-10 22:27:00

both melee and range are generalized now. i'm trying to get mine. it's quite a long way though.

2015-09-13 06:14:34

Yeah, especially for specialization in weapons.

2015-09-13 15:06:22

there're actually many things i've come up and wanna suggest in the feature request, but i'm still unsure.

2015-09-13 15:27:45

Do any of you mac users play Clok? And if so, how? I really wanna play Clok, but the only really accessible way besides booting up the XP VM which is now unstable because the version of Mac OS I have is not supported by the older version of VMware, is to use MudRammer on iOS. Yeah, horrible, I know. Mudder for mac is crap, Tintin in the terminal is complicated and I'm not gonna try and make any kind of sound pack for that, and telnet, well, try deleting text in there, and you'll get all sorts of ^D ^C ^B stuff which makes the command not work. So yeah, Mudding is starting to frustrate me, a lot. Not even the games, but even getting them working in an accessible way. ugh, this should not be this hard! Especially for the "most accessible operating system ever." sad

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-09-13 15:55:10

I'm not sure if there's accessible mud clients for mac, as i haven't used it so far (despite I have). I heard mushclient can e used with mac, not sure if it's real though.

2015-09-13 20:57:56

Well first, get off XP, that should be the first thing that you do.  Mac, as far as I know, has no accessible mud clients.  So you'll have to use a VM or bootcamp to play.  As for suggestions, you should put them up, it might help them anyway.

2015-09-13 22:12:58

is there any accessible mud client for iphone or ipod?

2015-09-13 23:59:10

Yes. Mudrammer.

2015-09-14 01:27:09

Updated : I've editted my clokpack mod installation guide. Anyone can now follow it without problem. Thanks Brad for the correction

2015-09-24 12:12:21

Lapidary starts with gems that can be mined.  They are then polished and some even faceted.  As my skill is over 1000 now, I'd be happy to demonstrate in game if anyone is interested.  I'm using JAWS with Vipmud, and would be happy to try to explain what I can.  Sorry for the delay in replying to this topic.

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2015-09-27 19:49:59 (edited by blindndangerous 2015-09-27 19:50:38)

With that high of a skill, have you tried faceting the gems?  I'm not sure if that's only dependant on your lapidary skill or something else, but you could probably make a good amount of money with that.

2015-09-28 03:41:45

Unless you have all day to spend  it polishing ang gems, i think selling them is better. it depends though. artisans can always do more than just that. Lapidary isn't just anything you take as hobby only for a little noch of skill gain.