2015-09-10 07:13:45

After spending many years learning LamdaMOO core and adding and porting various objects and creating even more unique ones in the course of Building FluxWorld, I have begun the process of making a core from the best of all my objects. This includes space, vehicles, and things for puzzles and others. One of the biggest changes is not requiring a programmer bit just for the ability to Build within the DB. One of the perks for some of the players is what I call BFAD - Builder For A Day, where more advanced players are allowed some freedoms, that would otherwise cost in Fluxbucks, or certain things not allowed at all.

My initial note for the core is as follows:

CenCore Features

A number of features and objects have been added well beyond the standard Lambda core, and many changes integrated.

Integrated RPG on $detroom
Features on players to make things easier for screen readers
The use of $sky and $outerspace rooms
Various portable rooms used as land, sea, air, and space vehicles
Many devices for setting up quests and puzzles
Orecaves and ore processing for all sorts of chemical possibilities
Power generation objects for making functioning power grids
wearable layered clothing integrated into the player class $RPC
$farm_ani object for food and other by products (milk, eggs, etc)
growable food and farming plots
timber production
magnetic objects: things, containers, portable rooms, and notes

Another interesting feature is that all of these cores can share data and even objects between each other, with some setup work on both sides. A looking glass is easy enough to set up, and shows people and objects on another instance of the CenCore, and objects can even be passed to the other side.

Player classes all integrated to use RPG if they are one of the children of $RPC, including builders and programmers, separate from the standard builder and programmer class that Wizard belongs to, allowing builders and programmers to still participate in the MOO fully.

Complete separation of builder and programmer. A builder an do everything except: code or look at verbs, use eval or its alias: ;
Your implementation may not need such a separation, but it is there.

A suite of room types, well beyond a $room, the Many Abilities room ($many_abil), which does security (including @accept, @deny, @invite), self cleaning, room details and room features.
The next is the $detroom, which has ALL of the RPG features and virtual seating. This is generally the base room type for all building.

On top of $detroom is $celestial that allows for sounds, touch, smell, and various portable type rooms.

The main database that spawed this core can be found at centauri.servegame.com port 7777

2015-09-10 17:28:00

So can I create my own mud from this?
Could I move my objects to another server and use this core?
Do you support transferring to another server?

2015-09-10 17:43:46

frastlin, yes to all 3 questions.

The intent is to see what others could do with such a core, and make wondrous new worlds.
I've been working on some documentation on how to set up trains, rivers, space, and other things.

I've also been documenting the process for global communications (InterMOO) using $chan and $chanFO,  and object passing through the looking glass.

2015-09-12 03:40:35

So, what can be done with this core... I'll scratch the surface for you. This core has a lot of devices that are original and fresh, and that will help you to design a world which is builder-centruc, at least at first. So for those who don't know what you get if you just download lambda core, you get a set of objects and utilities to get you started, and that's it. Literally, that is it. You don't get any of the things in lambda moo, like rooms with seating and integration, rooms that can have weather and so on. Guess what kinds of rooms you get with lambda core? #3, the base generic, that's it. Now, I'm not undermining the core effort, because without it, we'd not have moo as it is today. But, lambda core really gives you the tools to get up and running if you are a programmer and you build everything up from scratch. But what if you want to focus on building, or, what if you just need some sample code to get you started? CenCore doesn't prevent you from coding, it just gives you more to work with, in fact it gives you 10 years worth of moo devices which are refined and tested, and are in use all over FluxWorld (The Moo for which this core was extracted). It also allows for a complete separation of builder and programmer, allowing the staff to give players the opportunity to build, or for the senior staff to feel comfortable in the more junior members not screwing things up.

So really, you get more than a handful of devices to play with. If you want to know more, you can ask questions here.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-09-18 15:40:55

There are a couple of cores up and in use now, and we are working through the minor issues that show up, as I knew there would be some that people would find. In general, things are going very well, and pretty much everything works as expected.
I do update a core_release number as things change, just for tracking, in addition to the fact that @version shows the core extract date all on its own.
The test cores have made some space areas, and I have a small one for testing things like object passing and RPG.
the global chat is working well between all instances, and object passing is coming along (this is a fairly new feature).

2015-09-20 08:58:57

hi
how does this moo work?
how can I conect to it?
how can I start my moo from scratch?
can I get some coding examples of this?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-09-20 15:03:01

Terminator:
This moo works like any other moo, with a lambdaMOO server, usually the 1.8.1 release that is on sorceforge.

You can connect to FluxWorld, where this core was made from at centauri.servegame.com port 7777

A test core of mine is the same address at port 7785

Getting your own is a matter of talking to me, probably in game, and I can send one to you in e-mail as a zip file

We are working on docs, and the code itself is in the core, although you dont have to code, to build, just run commands, like @make and @dir, or the MOO native commands, @create and so on.