2015-09-11 14:44:39

I finished a new version of this game a few weeks ago, with more levels, alligators who want to eat you, eagles to swoop down at you, flies to catch, sleeping darts, life rafts and lots more.  Available for iOS.  Please contact me if you have suggestions or questions or problems.

Here's the download link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blindfo … 1&mt=8

Blindfold Hopper is an fully accessible audio game that's a cross between the popular video game Frogger, and the frustratingly popular game iPhone game Flappy Bird.

In Hopper, you are a frog sitting on a lily pad, and you need to jump to the next lily pad. Using head phones or ear buds, you hear the lily pads move from one side of your head to the other. Each lily pad is represented by a different musical loop. When the lily pad is directly in front of you, tap the phone to jump to the next lily pad.

You can move your lily pad left and right by swinging your arm or rotating your body, and you can jump to a lily pad in front of you, or behind you. Each time you jump, the next lily pad comes a little bit faster. And if you stay on your lily pad too long, an alligator will eat you.

Blindfold Hopper was suggested by several blind gamers who enjoyed Blindfold Racer and Blindfold Crazy Eights.

There is a STARTER PACK in-app upgrade that unlocks the easy levels, and several other in-app upgrades to unlock other features. And we've just added flies to catch, eagles to avoid, life rafts, sleeping darts and lots more. Please let us know what features or challenges you would like in the game.

2015-09-11 15:08:52

Cool, will give it a try.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-09-11 15:27:18

hey @marty! first I want to congratulate and thank you for all the blindfold games on the app store, you're developing and releasing them so fast!
In regards to blindfold hopper I've just purchased all the easy levels, I didn't get the fast points yet because I like things to be challenging and
hard to accomplish. will do it later though if it gets too frustrating. I'd love if I could move the lily pad using swipes instead of the gyro.
the gyro works nicely when I'm at home sitting on a chair, and calibrating it makes it work perfectly, but alternate methods are welcome. I remember
the first version had the option to choose, did you have complaints with the swiping method?
also, are you planning more levels? because these are all said to be easy, although the later ones certainly aren't, smiles.
I'd also like to suggest some more additions to your other game: "blindfold pong". currently the points aren't used for anything, you could add some
powerup items and stuff for you to spend them and make the game more fun!
Can't wait for blindfold bowling and your future projects!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2015-09-11 15:42:13

Thanks.   I'll jump back into pong and hopper in a month or so; I have a slew of other games I'm getting out.  Crazy8 and Wildcard were awful in two player mode, so I'm re-programming them to turn-taking with game center, and I just submitted hearts and spades in turn-taking mode to the app store.  Roulette is in progress; bowling gets submitted in a few days, and then I'll do craps, and another video game, such as pacmac, space invaders or breakout.  The list is endless.

2015-09-11 15:49:01

hi. first I would like to congratulate you for the marvelous work that you've done with all those games, I enjoyed all of them. and I'm waiting for blindfold bowling as well. keep up the good work and congratulations again big_smile

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2015-09-11 16:40:31

Please, can You release also this game for Windows?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-09-11 16:51:32

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Actually adding pages for the bf games has been next on my things to do list, and I'll say the podcast about some of these on applevis have sounded great, (I especially look forward to spades and hearts myself sinse I'm a fan of the trick style games).

Definitely keep us posted on new releases and I'll see what we can do about site news and entries in the database (only blindfold racer has one thus far but hopefully I'll be able to remedy that soon).

Btw, for another classic game remake, can I put a vote for breakout? 
It's a really unique game concept that can have a lot of things done with it, but unlike audio packman (and especially space invaders), it's not had many audio remakes.

It's odd, conceptually the game isn't more difficult than pong to create in audio, just requiring sounds for the blocks to bash and any power ups or enemies or the like, but for some reason it's just not been done much at all, and with the gyro control on the Iphone it could be a very addictive game indeed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-09-11 17:02:30

@marty: I've tried all the blindfold series, and I like all of it.
in the future, could you make something really complex and challenging, such as an adventure game, an RPG or a platformer games?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!