2015-09-05 19:45:10

Ok, so, I was hoping to be able to collaborate with someone to make this game that I've been thinking of. Unless someone's already made one of these, but hasn't put it out, I'd like to know. Som here's my idea. This would be a game like the sims, but accessible. I don't know why EA couldn't make th sims more usable, because, in reality, everything is menu based! Menu based! Every thing you do with your character is done theough menues. So, I was thinking, if someone wanted to help me make a game like this. I used to be quite good with bgt, but I've lost the skill over the years, due to the fact that  at one point, I didn't have a computer for about 4 months. That was when my first pc died. When I got a new one, 4 months later, I started to relearn what I had forgotted. That pc still works, but the reasons why I stopped  using it, and bgt is that I got a new mac, the speakers and headphone jack on that del are shot, and the headphone to usb adapter that I have likes to ruin any headset that I use with it after a few days. When I had gone to the mac, I had tried and failed to get windows 7 running in bootcamp. So, that left me with a 6 month period out of windows and, programming. I only found out about VMware fusion in late 2013, and have been using that, since, on my old mac, which is a gonner, and this new one here. Oc corse, I remember very basic things, but just don't remember the way they should be used. When I  had been without windows for half a year, I was surprised that I didn't forget how to use it when I got it again. Ironically, I am in windows a little more than mac. I use mac for my midi, doing updates, and backups. I am in windows for gaming, chatting, and the like. I am a fairly good sound designer, and a good composer. So, if anyone wishes to help in this prodject, please add tyler.chambliss1 to your skype, so we can set up am interview and see who goes on the team. The reason why I need to do an interview is to see what you know, and see if you could be able to help with the prodject.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-09-05 20:04:31

Hi
I want to join if you are using bgt, but the problem is, I forgot all infomation about skype, so I can't recover my id and password. Is there any other way to talk with you? Plus, I don't have a mike, so I can't use voice chat.
Well, I will do some bgt practice before go into the project.

2015-09-05 20:12:04

You can create a new skype name if you have to. Text chat is ok. The more people we have, the better. One person could be coding the game while someone's getting sounds, or doing something that has to be done in real life, then when that person who's coding has to go, someone else can start editing the code.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2015-09-05 21:33:18

Hi
I don't know about The seems, so You will need to explain about your idea before continuing.
Is it like the minecraft? or just a killing game?
Please explain your detailed idea.

2015-09-05 21:34:51

And I think this topic should be moved into developer's room

2015-09-05 21:51:09

Momo, it's a life game. The sims is a mainstream life simulation game. The sad thing is that everything is in menues, but it's not accessible. And, do you have sounds for this kind of game?

2015-09-05 22:08:50

Hi
First, I don't have any sound for this game yet but I think I can fine lots of sounds from freesound.com, and even edit it if needed.
Also, probably I can do  coding with bgt. But I need more practice.
Next, Let's make this game as action based game, like survive the wild.
And finally, I have a question Is there any good way to share files with others?
I can't use dropbox very well

2015-09-05 22:11:45

Oh my gosy I made a misstake in my reply, post 7.
It is I can find, not I can fine.

2015-09-05 22:42:10

Well, It would be action if we put it in, but the whole point is to live.  You can choose tpo raise a family, be single, or even be  in a gang. It would be completely menu based. You would first start out in yourbhouse. If you could get a mic and skype, it would be easier

2015-09-06 03:26:00

Hey
, when the project will be started? It made me so interesting.

2015-09-06 06:53:38

Hi techmaster I will be the beta tester.
Also I can give you music if you like.
Please contact me personally if you want help from me.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2015-09-06 19:27:10

Hi
I can't find a good music.
Personally I like stw main menu music. It is good.
Also, can we use 3D sound effects in bgt?

2015-09-07 00:15:26

look, I'm not that at bgt anymore, that is why I need to get a few people to help code it

2015-09-07 01:11:55

Techmaster20, I see a few problems with the way your running things at the moment.

1. Your asking others to code things for you. This makes creating this game utterly impractical, because the programmers will need every single detail of the game, right down to the very last point. If you don't give them those details, they can't code it for you, and you will only make them frustrated.

2. Your giving us an idea. In other words, your running way, way too fast. Your asking us to code a game when it seems like you haven't even figured out the mechanics of the game. There's no storyline, there's no menu layout, there's nothing. Just an idea.

3. You have not figured out any aspects of the project. No project leaders, no project organizations, no management, etc. Don't try and burden yourself with all of that at once; you will seriously fail if you do that.

4. You haven't even constructed a beta testing team. While that might come later, it's best to have a set of individuals waiting for your project to get up to the beta testing phase.

5. You have not figured out the programming language this game will be written in. If you haven't figured that out, how are you supposed to make it a reality?

Here are some issues with the original idea.

1. You cannot create a life simulation game that is close to real life. Sam Tupi did that and look what happened.

Please think about this and repair the issues I have pointed out before continuing with this project. Refine the idea until you know that it is definitely possible. Do not try and merge real life with virtual life. It won't work very well.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-09-07 01:42:53

First of all, I am not trying to make it too close to real life. Second, It's just an idea. It's not a demand. For all I know, someone has already done something like this, for instance, when someone requested a deal or no deal game, someone already had coded one, so it was given out.. There was a roomer that Damien pindelton had created a life sim, but nobody knows if it was released or even CODED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

2015-09-07 03:13:33

OK. That's cleared up. But you have not cleared up the other three points that I braught up.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github