2008-07-22 12:14:40

Hi everyone
look at the news, there's a game called powerup. i am about to check this out, i am very interested. it's a mmo, but what's the second m stand for? first m is multi, but i don't get the second one.

2008-07-22 16:58:42

Hi:

I have tried it and it is self voicing but I have a some problems with some controls. For example, some buttons don't work.

Game Man

2008-07-22 19:16:51

Every time I try and run the game after having installed it, I get something about how a copy is already running. But...um...it's not, I checked all my active processes and programs. Besides, that message came up immediately. All I know is that the game won't launch.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-07-22 20:04:35

Try contacting them, I doubt we can help you but they might be able to.

No the first M in MMO is not multiplayer, MMO is short for "Massively multiplayer online". The massively bit is presumably a reference to the large persistent world, which to mainstream gamers sets it apart from other multiplayer and/or multiplayer online games.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-07-23 00:18:21

Wow, me like the sound of this, I'll have to give it a try, particularly if the chap from second life is involved, (he was very good on the phone).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-07-23 03:02:54

No he wasn't involved to my knowledge, he is just interested in hearing about your experiences in order to further his own understanding of the situation. Call it a practical example if you like.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-07-23 05:19:43

ah, fair enough. His research is rather interesting though I would say, and I'll look forward to giving this thing a try.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-07-23 12:53:09

I already tried this Game. It's a bit complicated. When I move my Character, I don's hear any sound of footsteps. And the E-Key doesn't work. When ever I stand in front of an object and pressing E, nothing happened.

2008-07-23 13:56:47

this game sounds "fascinating"
i'll give it a try.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-07-23 22:37:11

what kind of game is this and where can you get it?

Connor

2008-07-23 23:01:16

Check the last news post, I can't remember the exact link. All the info should be right there.

You really need to read through their accessibility information, which gives you the instructions on turning on speech and additional sounds. It doesn't seem hugely compelling, but at least it's something and someone is trying.

cx2
-----

2008-07-24 04:11:05

I'm having a little trouble finding the news topic containing this game

Connor

2008-07-24 05:57:07

Right at the top of the news forum, titled "puppy power..." etc. Linked here

cx2
-----

2008-07-24 15:01:05

hey all.
i downloaded the powerupgame and instaled it.
but i have a problem:
it don't work!
wen i run the game, a message appear, saying:
fatal-isv..\engine\console\consolefunctions.cc @765
a version of torque is awreade running.exiting
how i can fix this problem, someone know?

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2008-07-24 15:55:55

I encounter another kind of problem.
hwen I start, it pops up on the taskbar saying welcome, but few seconds later it disappears. when i alt tab to the welcome window, there's nothing there, even i routed my jawscursor to pc and found only my desktop.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-07-24 18:44:52

Contact their tech support, those kinds of errors are usually beyond the scope of what we are able to help with on the forum.

cx2
-----

2008-07-25 11:56:35

Hi.

I have tried the game. It's really cool. I got the scanner systems to work so I can walk directly up to a person and start to talk to him. I can easyly navigate around in the game, but the game does have some bad accessible issues. There are a lot of text and buttons which are not spoken. For example the options is not very accessible. I'm still messing around and trying to complete the first mission.
I like the way you have to navigate in the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-07-25 13:23:28

Hi,
I contacted them via email about some accessibility issues I ran into, but as of today there has been no response.
Has anyone figured out basic navigation and keystrokes? And if so, would you be so kind as to post a short explanation? In particular, what does it mean if my footsteps change direction? And how can I get the keystroke list to speak? Is there any kind of documentation on this game out there?

Greetings,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2008-07-25 18:22:47

My footsteps don't work, yet sapi speaks. also, i am unsure if "play by audio" is turned on or off. this game can be improved so much, let's hope the developers will listen to us and improve the accessibility side of things.

2008-07-25 21:05:55

thanks for the link,

Connor

2008-08-11 18:46:38

Anyone who's tried this please remember your feedback to blindsecondlife.blogspot.com is highly encouraged. Lessons from Power Up might one day help make Second Life accessible, or perhaps even other MMO style games.

cx2
-----