2015-09-01 23:39:53 (edited by gamesmaster 2015-09-03 20:49:18)

I try to connect my iPhone 4S to my 64 bit computer. when I try to connect with the usb cable the iphone constantly beeps and my computer gives me the error message that the device was not installed successfully.
I tried different usb cables, reinstalling iTunes, using different usb ports.
when I tried it on my brothers computer, my iPhone displayed the trust this computer pop up and it was working.

I am frustrated with this and don't know what else to do

any help?
thanks

Pics or it didn’t happen

2015-09-02 00:21:57

Hmmm.
Well I'd ffirst upgrade to the latest itunes if you don't have the latest on run apple software updater or check in itunes itself to see if it is in deed the latest.
Is it only your iphone having this issue.
I'd firstly go to your device manager and delete every usb hub and controler you have, every one, note you will need a ps2 keyboard plugged in for this step.
then reboot.
It will force your system to redetect all usb controlers.
Failing that, there could be a couple more issues.
1,  windows is being nauughty.
2.  your usb ports in your board may be defective.
I don't think pcpitstop does error checking for usb and I am not sure what does.
From now on it could be windows or something serious.
I'd firstly go to your manufacturer's website and get the latest driver for your usb.
generally thats intel, search for and download the intel driver updater.
Install it.
run it.
hit scan.
next go and wait a while, and hit download.
then hit install and that maybe all that.
It doesn't detect everything, your next point is to search for manually and download the latest chipset instalation for your your processer type.
If you go to device manager and look at your cpus in processer you will probably find out what you need, and there are descriptions.
I'd then check your device manager for all your usb drivers for your hub and see what those are, search for those.
At this point though you may be better off getting someone to do this heavy lifting as we are getting into heavy lifting.
If that doesn't work, as an experiment just reformat and chances are the problem will be gone.
To be honest though it sounds like you have a board failier from first look at your simptoms.
Worse if its just your iphone it could be the iphone drivers from itunes.
I'd get someone to look at your configuration and see what it is, it could be software issues security issues or something more serious.
I had an issue with a system where ports didn't work, and it ended up being a board issue.
Boards cost a lot to replace.

2015-09-03 17:45:57

Hi
it is only my iphone that is not connecting to my computer.
how do I format and if I format will I lose anything?
I will try all the suggested steps
Thanks

Pics or it didn’t happen

2015-09-04 04:56:21

Well if its just your iphone, all one needs to do.
1.  uninstall then reinstall itunes and make sure you have the latest update of it installed.
Over that I am not sure if you can do anything about it.

2015-09-08 05:43:17 (edited by gamesmaster 2015-09-09 02:43:32)

I checked my USB devices  and there is an unknown one that got installed when i plugged my iPhone.
Their is no driver installed for that device and my computer can't find any to install. I hate lonovo computers.
And the best part about is that I only have one fricken jack which is the headphones.

Pics or it didn’t happen

2015-12-30 07:16:26

another tip. it could also be power draw.
remember. your eye phone tries to charge it self as well when connected to a USB port.
if the computer is poorly made.
like many laptops are, when it comes to USB.
or if you have other USB devices in use. that draws power. you'll have a hard time getting your power hungry eye fone to work. because  what basically happens is this. computer sees eye fone. says. hay who are you? fone says, well? i am a eye fone. i need power to work, i need a nice fast data connection as well.
computer says. well OK. you can only draw 500 milli    amps ok?
phone says sure. i promiss.
but then the computer says, hay wait somethings wrong here. i cant give that to you.
phone, then says. ah screw you to.
and then communication stops.
smile.
and that, folks is a ruff definition of what happens when you connect a USB device to your pc.
the pc first asks the device what it is, checks its descriptor information. and then decides what to do from there. depending on what it finds.

the more technical turm is called. Device inumeration.
such a boring term, so i thought i'd make it fun.  and put it in plain old fluffy English.
smile

There's a place for me in this universe.

2015-12-30 09:58:55

You say that the iPhone is "constantly beeping" while this is happening. This leads me to think that this may have something to do with either the cable or the port on the phone. Apple's 30-pin cables have questionable quality sometimes, so it's very likely the wires have started to bent out of the contact, or that one of the pins (there's 30 of them in both the cable and the phone's port itself) is bent. These pins perform different functions, some are used only for charging, some transmit audio/video and are only used in docks, and some are used for data transfer and it might be one of those that's having problems.

What I would suggest you try now is try connecting your phone to another computer, even someone elses. If it still doesn't work, try using a different cable, again on multiple computers to verify your results. If the issue is still there then you may have to send your phone for servicing.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2016-01-06 00:32:41

I'm gonna just take iPhone out of the equation for this one. Search for and download a tool called USB DeView. Note, there are some less than stellar download options, hence why I leave it up to you to get it. For me, it comes with Nexus Root Toolkit. Either way, get that, if X64 get the X64, run it, you don't have to plug in your iPhone because it'll show all the drivers and vendor for each previously used. Delete anything apple. Now close it, plug in iPhone again and see. If that don't do it, it very well could be a board failure as stated above.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united