2015-09-02 11:31:46

hello, i want to open .game file.
can i open this .game file?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2015-09-02 13:39:08

Unless you use Aes, p-sound, or any scanning tool, no. Those sound files are encripted.

2015-09-03 05:03:20

Yes. Jack is right. unless you have some programs that can extracts these files.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-09-03 05:59:24

It's not even extracting, and keep in mind if you use a filescanner you may not get sound filenames. Sounds are usually encripted for a reason anyway, and if you choose to decript them obviously they should be for your own personal checking out and obviously don't distribute them across the net.

2015-09-03 08:34:42

well, I've found lots of .dat extractors, but all they really do is get you the text from the dat file, and with sounds.dat files it ither doesn't work or again, just makes a text file.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-09-03 08:41:57

Thats not completely true. Often gamesounds are stored in a normal .pak file wich is a zip file. Often the file is named sound.pak. Simply try to unzip it. Maybe you have to rename it first. Another good tool is dragonunpacker wich is freeware and you can scan datafiles for a lot of different types. Pictures, Sounds, Movies. I think dragonunpacker is the best extracting tool.

2015-09-07 12:48:26

well the sounds I'm trying to get aren't sounds.pak, their sounds.dat.

2015-09-07 15:41:24

dont open the files in the dragonunpacker. you have to open the alt menu select file and there you will find hyper ripper. There you will see different tabs. On the search tab you can choose the file you want to open and scan. Select the other tabs to choose the types of files you want to search for.
HAHA, sorry for my bad english.

2015-09-07 16:35:54

so how do you see the files after extracting? I scan and then hit okay after its done, but I can't navigate through them.

2015-09-07 16:49:40

HMM, i try to remember.
Go to the list of files aaaaand open the context menu. I am not sure if you have to press context key or the key for wright mouse button. Try both. When you have opened the menu you can select extract all and press enter. Then you can somehow select a folder where you want to extract the files to.
Hope this was helpful.

2015-09-07 17:36:02

problem is, I select
all audio files and even go through the list to check if they are all selected, and then I scan but then I see that dragon unpacker found 0 files. I'm trying to unpack a sounds.dat file

2015-09-07 19:15:37

In all likelihood, the sounds are encrypted. If that's the case, no program that scans actual file content will recognize audio files, and even if it extracts them by filename, the files you get won't be usable in any application. In short, if it's an encrypted data file which more and more developers are using, the game itself is the only program that can open it. Absolutely no other program, of any type or nature, written by any person living or dead, for any platform, in the history of the entire universe, will be able to extract the sounds in a usable format.