2015-09-02 16:16:07

Hi Everyone,
Due to many things, I no longer have the time to dedicate to TDV. I am looking for someone who is willing to take over the project. I will sell the rights to them and they will have access to the databases, TDV source code, licensing system, website source, and the Linode server if Linode can arrange a transfer.

The buyer will also have access to the multiplayer server.

Anyone who wants to talk about it should know that they need to be familiar with .NET, particularly C#. I use ASP.NET for parts of the website but the rest is written in PHP. TDV itself is written in C#.NET.

If interested, please Email me by sending a forum mail or by replying to this topic and I will get in touch with you.

2015-09-02 18:13:23

hello munawar.
we as sb-soft are interested on it, and want to take a look about all might things. We as well, We mean if You can, want to skypetalk or use teamtalk to talk, "redundance", of the progect and to do treatments and stuff.
if you wish, you can add us at sbskype90 "skype". We will be interested on it.
thanks a lot!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-09-02 19:04:09

Hi Munawar.
I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to work on this great project anymore. I'm glad to hear you wanna let someone take over the project instead of just dropping it, and I really hope the people who'll continue working on the project will have huge success on doing it.
I hope it all is okay with you and you have the time to develop more audiogames in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-09-02 20:53:19

Hi Terminator,
I am adding you to Skype just now. What is your timezone? I am home during the evenings and am typically available all day on Sundays. Saturdays are a wildcard for me. I am in EST (GMT-5.)

Slj: Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I feel we have enough competent developers who are more than fit to take on the project. I figured this is the best course of action for everyone involved because we have many creative people here who can dedicate the time required to manage and develop TDV.

2015-09-02 21:00:02 (edited by the terminator 2015-09-02 21:01:17)

hey munawar.
don't really know what is my timezone.
I just know what the time is, and yeah stuff. I leave in Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador.
so yeah, basically that. Oh and hey, I didn't received your request...
did the display name showed sb-soft? or, can you please resend it? thanks!
edit. Received it just now. He.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2015-09-03 04:15:04

This is where I start to get nervous. So I've been on steam since probably 2007, and its been there all this time, and never once have i failed to be able to re-download a game i've purchased. Now, there is the whole accessibility issue which is irrelivant to this topic, suffice to say, steam is absolutely 100% inaccessible to screen readers period. now getting to the point. Whenever audio games come out, usually, there comes a time down the road when a developer wants to hand them off, and I get that. I am not saying that this is a wrong decision or even judging someone for doing this. Where I get a bit iffy is from a customer standpoint, because when I buy something, I want to make sure for as long as I want to, I can use that product, and I reinstall my system about twice a year to prevent slowdowns, etc. Let's just say something tends to come up. But if i cannot get that product again, that tends to bug me a bit. And OK so you say that its the end-user's responsibility to keep the file, that's fine, i can throw it up on dropbox, google drive, whatever. But when it comes time to activate that game, whether it needs a key that no longer works, or something happens and i cannot retrieve it, then i get a bit annoyed. Now, GMA has given me keys after I have lost the emails, they did not have to do that, that's a service and its one I appreciate. All I'm trying to say is that when games are changing hands, I tend to get a bit nervous. I haven't bought TDV2, but I've wanted to, I've just been strapped for cash as of late and not buying any games, and as of this announcement, I don't think I'm going to even when I can just because I don't know how that's gonna work with someone else having control. It's like me wanting solid footing to stand on. Now this sort of thing happens all the time in open source, where package maintainers want to hand off and someone takes over, but that's a bit better because its most of the times free software.

So to sum up, I guess this sort of wishy-washy nature of audiogame development kinda makes me a little nervous because I'm wanting to protect my investment, even if its as simple as me investing in my own entertainment. I hope this makes sense, I'm about half loony because its like later at night and I tend to get that way. Again, I'm not casting blame, or trying to start a bash fest, I'm just posting my point of view as a customer, and of course, any, what we call here in the states, intelectual property of the creator can be done with as the creator wishes, he / she has that right and I'm not trying to put that into question.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-09-03 18:45:59

Hello
A pity ism you can not continue with the project.
Hopefully the next owner of the rights of TDV will  have the ability and responsibility than the game deserves.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-09-03 20:35:12

Why not make it free open source donationware then it could be improved by the whole community?

2015-09-03 23:18:13

hi
at josh.
not to be offensive to ya dude, but if he doesn't want it to, he just doesn't. Plus, that game is not like saying hey! lets make a gess the number game! it requires a lot of time, concentration and stuff to end up coding all that.
I talked to munawar myself, and I am afraid I can't tell anything about the conversations we had, but yeah. So, he wants to win money by his work, because coding is. A work.
Again, it is my point of view. I'm not trying to be a flamethrower. Not the weapon hahahahaha. The person.

2015-09-03 23:20:49

hi
at josh.
not to be offensive to ya dude, but if he doesn't want it to, he just doesn't. Plus, that game is not like saying hey! lets make a gess the number game! it requires a lot of time, concentration and stuff to end up coding all that.
I talked to munawar myself, and I am afraid I can't tell anything about the conversations we had, but yeah. So, he wants to win money by his work, because coding is. A work.
Again, it is my point of view. I'm not trying to be a flamethrower. Not the weapon hahahahaha. The person.

2015-09-04 01:07:07

Yeah, while it would be nice to get a project or two as a free open source project, TDV2 from what I've played of the demo is a high quality audiogame and thus, when you hand off a project like that, you're definitely looking for some skrilla.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-09-04 03:20:00

uh... double post?

2015-09-04 21:54:33

I hope the game gets transferred to a competent developer who is more than capable of generating high quality content , structure and ideas for future handling of the game. if not, that'd be a huge disappointment.
regards.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2015-09-04 22:39:21

Exactly. I hope that, too.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-09-04 22:47:57

Hi

I hope it as well, i purchased the game two months ago, i hope from the bottom of my heart that this project gets into the hands of someone who is able to continue where munawar has left development.

@munawar

I feel sorry to hear that you stop development of tdv, but i am glad that you have desided to transfer the rights to someone else.
I fully understand your reasons, lack of time can occur to us all and i wish you all the best.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2015-09-10 05:17:56

Quick status update. To let everyone know, I am still looking for someone. Also please be aware this is a cash-only deal; it's not a trade.

2015-11-21 20:00:27

Hello
a question, someone bought the rights to the game in the  end?
greetings and thanks.

2015-11-21 22:58:49

That's not what he said.He said he was still looking.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-11-21 23:31:50

my question was out of curiosity.
the web site dont work now.
greetings and thanks.

2015-11-22 21:16:39

How much are you looking to make off of the rights?

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2015-11-23 16:04:20

Well if he'd found someone he would undoubtedly have let us know.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!