2008-08-09 19:29:22

Hello,

is the bass ued in AudioGames ?
When yes, for what suppose is it used ?

Regards,
Sandra

2008-08-09 19:45:16

As far as I know and understand what you're asking, most of the time bass isn't used in a separate way to other types of sound.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-10 12:10:34

but of course we have the big bad booming sounds that have lots of bass in them. For example, the gma tank commander explosions probably have quite a bit of bass in them, although I can't really tell for sure since i use headphones, and those usually lack bass.

2008-08-10 12:18:35

My point though is bass isn't intentionally singled out for a specific purpose, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Naturally some sound effects will have more bass than others, but this isn't really having a purpose beyond being a sound effect which doesn't require bass in itself.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-10 23:27:38

In every paid bsc game there is an explosion in some point. BSCGames are famous for having the bassiest explosions in the audiogame community, I think. But I could be wrong.
But no, apart from entertainment, bass does not play in important roll in audiogames.
BTW, if you spend about fifty dollars on a set of headphones you can get a lot of bass, and a lot of treble (higher) sounds as well.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.