2015-09-01 13:11:54

Hi all!
I know it hasn't been long since my last game, but...
Summer comes with free time, and programming+free time=fun. So I've decided to make a new game and after some time, here is the result.

Have you ever wanted to be the blindy on the wheel? well now you can!

This is a game about cone knocking, strategy, fuel and bomb exploding fun. Are you ready to try out your new car?
The concept of the game is simple enough. You are driving a car which can go either forwards, backwards, left or right. You are in a grid full of cones, and you must knock down all the cones to advance to the next level.
There are walls around this grid, which will make you lose a life if you hit them. When you hit a wall or lose a life due to any reason, you automatically go to the center of the field again.
The car is constantly moving, which means it cannot be stopped. You need to keep track of how fast your car goes in order to ensure that you go where you really want to go (i.e: Target a cone, avoid a wall or a bomb, etc).
The secret to keeping track of your speed is your forward and backward movement. If you keep moving in one direction, your speed will increase as well as the car's engine pitch. To go back to your starting speed, hit the opposite arrow key (down if you are moving forward, up if you are moving backward).
To steer, use the right and left arrow keys. Steering in this game means moving your car specifically left or right, which means that your car will not move forwards or backwards as you steer. If that were the case, it would be nearly impossible to target anything on the screen. As soon as you let go of the right or left arrow keys, your car will go back to moving vertically in the last direction you were moving.
Each cone has an associated score. Most will give you points, but some will also take them away! You will learn to distinguish their sounds as you play, as I won't reveal them to you.
When you clear the grid of cones, you will advance to the next level (more on levels below).

The game has two completely different modes, survival mode and time trial (explained in the manual in more detail).

To download the game, go over to my website at
http://oriolgomez.com/en_games.php

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-09-01 13:27:13

Hi,
Downloading it now. I'm sure this game will be awesome, just like all your other ones.

2015-09-01 13:57:39

Hello.
great news Oriol.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-09-01 14:03:09

hi oriol, great game!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2015-09-01 15:15:12 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-09-01 15:21:14)

Great game here. The time trial mode is hard, probably because it's hard to know whether the cones are to your left or right. If you made the pan step a little bigger, that'd be good. The survival mode is pretty good, but there's the same problem of not knowing exactly where all the sounds are. I've gotten hit by bombs because I didn't realize they were as close to me as they were, because the farther bombs sounded about as close. I also think that the pitch decrease for if something is behind you should be greater; I often didn't realize I was driving backwards towards a bomb until it was far too late to do anything about it; perhaps make the decrease like 10 or 15, and remove some of the silence between the bomb tones so that you can hear them more often. I think that every time you get refueled the spell switches should randomize, because I was able to load up on lives by hitting them over and over again, though i sitll had to watch out for bombs.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-09-01 15:40:48

OK KeyIsFull, I'll keep it in mind for the next version, should be out soon. I actually thought about changing the bomb sound, perhaps I should change the cones pan step as well. Do you know what the default is?

2015-09-01 19:27:11

Great game! What does it mean when it says a and g? I hear it repeatably but I'm not sure what that is.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-09-01 19:37:19

nice concept!
Hey dude you should totally make a bumper cars game... just saying. smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-09-01 19:43:32

Nice game Oriol. I have a little problem. How to refuel? I never figured out what to do exactly. I tryed to hit the switches but no fuel.

2015-09-01 21:01:02

hi
i have a single question. how can i avoid the bombs?

2015-09-01 21:39:22

Hi
You need to read the manual it'll explain how to refuel. basically, you need to hit first g, then a, then s, and it'll recharge your fuel.

The bombs are indicated by a beeping sound, you need to try to avoid it. I will change this sound in the future because its not continuous enough.

2015-09-01 22:52:47

I'm not sure what the default pan step for soundpools is, but it's probably something dumb like 1. 3 or 4 is pretty good.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-09-02 05:22:51

Hi,
I posted a new update to the game with the following changes which you will love!
Version 1.5
The bomb sound is now a lot more accurate and indicates when its going to explode because it increases in speed as the time remaining gets lower.

Version 1.1
Made the cones a little easier to locate (thanks KeyIsFull)

2015-09-02 07:52:01

If you guys are enjoying the game and would like to donate I'm happy to announce that I setup a paypal.me link which makes it *very* simple big_smile
I appreciate any donation, no matter how small; You are of course not obligated to donate but it is highly valued smile
http://paypal.me/ogomez92

2015-09-02 09:58:51

This would actually be a really fun little game to bring to mobile devices imo. Could really make use of the gyro.

2015-09-02 10:38:50

why do the scoreboards keep resetting?  My number 1 scores for both modes disappeared like 10 minutes after I got them.

2015-09-02 15:00:18

a super game, really! I love it! Great Job, guys!

Claudio

2015-09-02 16:22:45

@keyIsFull
Could it be a possibility that you got beat by other people so your scores vanished?  I've just managed to get number 1 on the scoreboards myself so I'll have to check and see what the situation is...

This is a good game to kill time with, though I seem to get hit by bombs that don't exist and the range on the current ones is too long IMHO - iI agree it makes the game more frantic, but it's so frustrating to get hit by objects that don't exist and therefore you can't avoid....

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-09-02 16:36:30

Nah, the resets occurred when tehre were only like 8 scores listed. And sometimes the bombs go off long before the beeping has sped up to full, and you are hit by them before you can do anything about them, but whatever.

2015-09-02 17:03:03

soooo per   job     ogomez
sir

my d b invitation
to all   
hi make a new account   by going to this link and get 500 MB extra   go grab it
https://db.tt/eiWBLCJn

2015-09-02 19:28:51

Hi,
The resets occurred because someone kept hacking the scoreboards and getting like 3 million points at level 1.

2015-09-03 15:45:33 (edited by JasonBlaze 2015-09-03 15:47:42)

emm, hello,
i have a little suggestion for this game:
1: how about decrease the bom range a little bit?
2: emm, add a bom cleaner bonus, it will clear all the bom in the play field,
3: the armor bonus, it will protect  you from the wall, and bom
4: add hmm,  a nitro?  , it will make our car go faster, but you should careful when use it, though..., big_smile  , it will nice for avoiding the bom

2015-09-03 16:15:19

I'll be interested to see if anyone manages to beat my score of 295 on level 16 in time trial...

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-09-03 18:12:27

maybe a little stupid question, but how do i know, when the cone is behind, or infront of me?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2015-09-04 04:47:21

@bucklee12
When the cone's pitch is lower then it's behind you.