2015-08-20 20:01:20

Hey guys.
For those who don't know, ADRIFT is a system for making interactive fiction (AKA text adventures).
In the past, a blind person could use ADRIFT 3.9/4.0 with JAWS (and somewhat with NVDA).
However, the latest version of ADRIFT (ADRIFT 5.0) is inaccessible with any screen reader.
To bring this problem to the attention of the developer (Campbell Wild), as well as the ADRIFT community, I have added this bug to the bug/suggestions list. I would advise anyone who is interested in making ADRIFT 5 accessible to leave  a comment and vote.Of cource, you need to sign up for the ADRIFT forum first.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-08-21 03:27:10

I will do that

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-08-24 08:30:23

Hi.
I will do this I did notice before that adrift 5 is inaccessible I wonder if adrift 4 being accessible was an accident? Having adrift 5 would be great who knows what features this new version has that we don't have access to.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-24 18:42:22

ADRIFT 5 has a load of new features, including the ability to bundle your gane and all its resources in a blorb file. Also ADRIFT uses a standard library for all of its system-specific things, like tasks, characters, events et cetera.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-08-27 14:59:19

How can you use adrift accessible with jaws. I have to use jaws cursor all the way through. smile

2015-08-27 16:06:10

That unfortunately is the issue here, and the developer, Campbell Wild, asked for a free screen reader he could use... and Jaws unfortunately doesn't even allow developers to freely test their software, so who knows honestly.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-08-28 02:07:18

Suggest he use NVDA...?

2015-08-28 21:28:45

I did suggest that he use NVDA. I haven't heard anything from Campbell.

2015-09-01 05:08:11

Yeah, use NVDA instead.