2008-08-08 16:57:19

Hi gamers,
I just downloaded Smugglers 4 and am giving it one curious try. :-)
However I do wonder---the nice tutorial window tells me I must click on the trade icon. Being pathologically iconophobic, JAWS doesn't let me. Suggestions, anyone?

Best regards,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2008-08-09 13:20:00

I assume you can find the word "trade" somewhere in the window? If not make sure in the settings the compatibility mode is turned on.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-09 15:54:17

Thanks a lot!
Compatibility mode was indeed the problem. And thus was my weekend saved.

CU,
EternalGamer

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2008-08-09 16:22:39

Glad to help, hope you have better luck with Smugglers 4 and Jaws than me. I'm finding it on the threshold of unplayable right now.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-09 21:47:56

Hello again,
you are right insofar as it is still somewhat frustrating with JAWS. Particularly annoying is the fact that certain screen content seems to pop into and out of existence as if it were blinking, which might actually be the case. I will contact the author about the possibility of rendering blinking text differently in compatibility mode. Also, I find that my JAWS cursor sometimes ends up locked onto some piece of text. But the funniest thing is that the game sometimes messes up my Windows sounds when it exits. After a reboot everything is back to normal.

In spite of all this I somehow find this thing too fascinating to let go. :-)

Greetings,
EternalGamer

2008-08-09 23:02:06

I've already reported all this, but oddly it doesn't seem an issue in Hal. I briefly wondered if it was mouse over stuff getting in the way, but then it didn't seem the case when I tried to confirm this a second time with the invisible cursor.

cx2
-----