2015-08-29 16:30:24

hi.

I've just started using chicken nugget, but find it to not read things. For example; when I follow someone. There's no refresh buffer thing like in the cube as far as  I can tell. It says it gets the latest tweets but I don't know how well that works.

SO my question is, are there any other good twitter clients for windows, or if you use chicken nugget, does it work well for you and what do I need to do to get it to work well for me?

Thanks.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-29 16:50:40

I recommend the qube. I'm really addicted to it.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2015-08-29 20:01:57

I tried CN but didn't really like it... Although I think I did end up buying it, but I'm not actually sure. I haven't tried The Qube though, so not sure how well that Works. I'm using TW Blue though, which I find really nice, so I'll definitely recommend that. smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2015-08-29 21:12:07

Yeah TW blue is good

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-08-29 23:01:45

Hi,
If cn doesn't work for you, I really recommend tw blue. The qube is good but I just find I like tw blue better.

2015-08-30 00:16:59

Heads Up!
New 0.8.0 version of TW Blue, coming out on Monday!

2015-08-30 02:56:32

Well, I would go for twblue.

2015-08-30 03:29:31

What's the advantage of TW blue? I don't know the app.

2015-08-30 09:58:41 (edited by ryok 2015-08-30 09:58:55)

I'm wondering too, how does twblue differ from the qube?

2015-08-30 12:20:05

Well, I really don't know. because I haven't experienced the cube. for more info about TWBlue, go to this page:
http://www.twblue.es
thanks

2015-08-30 15:01:31

Hi,
For one thing, in TW Blue you can have it so it's like the qube where you use ctrl+win+whatever to navigate but you can also have an ui which you can toggle with ctrl+win+m. TW Blue also has twishort support and you can edit the global keystrokes I believe and switch to different keymaps which you can write with a text editor. You also can switch to different soundpacks and such. Also, with the qube, the buffers update every minute or so, but with TW Blue, I think you get tweets instantly when they are posted. There`s also a feature where you can reply to everyone mensioned in the tweet your replying to. So for example, there could be a tweet by person1 and he could mension person 2. Now with tw blue, when you reply, you can press a button and it'll mension person2 along with person1. This is good for conversations with several people.

2015-08-30 15:39:48

I tried using TW Blue today. Here is my impression.
Advantages:
Can remove mistaken tweets
Automatically reads incoming tweets
Automatically removes old tweets in buffers
Event list feature
Better default soundsets
graphical interface available(for those who like it)
Instant tweet retrieving
more stable imo

Disadvantages:
Cannot force SAPI to speak
Doesn't have buffer speech template feature and export function
Cannot run commands from the command list dialog
Automatically deletes unnecessary tweets(can also be an advantage, but I like to see all of my tweets since joined twitter, in one buffer)

Overall: I can't decide which is better.

2015-08-30 18:49:43

Hi.

I've tried tw blue o nwindows 10 with NVDA but it doesn't seem to work for me.

When I try to change the keystrokes it says I have to use the windows key. This isn't good for windows ten users.

I'll be sticking to cn for now but when my 14 days run out i'm not sure what I'll do. Sure i could buy it but I really don't want to do that if I can help it.

2015-08-30 21:12:39

As stated earlier, wait for monday.
New Windows 10 keystroke set for TWBlue will be featued in the upcoming 08.0 stable release.

2015-08-30 21:34:34

Or get the snapshot, but since its literally a day or less away now, just stick it out would be my advice.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-08-30 21:41:08

Hi.

Awesome thanks for the info

2015-08-31 04:15:57

Well, on Monday I think it wouldn't be long.

2015-08-31 06:58:29

I do hope someone else takes it over, because, come January, the main guy that works on TW Blue is leaving.

That appears to be the thing with these free twitter clients, they become popular for a while, then for what ever reason developer ups and leaves.

While I like TheQube, it takes for ever for the developer to release an update.

Out of all of these clients, I think the best isn't a desktop client, rather one that's on the web.

That is why, I always find myself going back to easychirp.

I use TW Blue currently, but I'm glad we have easychirp to fall back on.