2015-08-28 20:23:11

hi, today on twitter I saw ghorthalon and pitermach talking with someone on an account called @blindWarcraft. The idea behind the account is that they make WoW as accessible as can be made, with a searies of macros, add ons, tricks and tipps, workarounds. They have a site running at.
www.blindwarcraft.com
Personally I'm not to optamistic this will work, sinse from what I know, everything goes down in realtime, including fights, and I have no idea how fights could be made accessible. Even now with a list of addons that can be installed into the game to make it somewhat more playable, you need to have a player guide to help you navigate maps, sorta like a guide dog. In my oppinian, I don't like stuff like that at all. If I play a game, I want to be able to play it without any sighted help.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-08-28 20:39:11

WHy you need map? And can u put links to these addons? I look forward to play it with my brother!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-08-28 21:07:24

about the maps, as I said you would need a sighted friend who is also playing or a guild member who is willing to help you guide you through the maps. About the add ons, BlindWarcraft is working on creating full descriptions and download links for the add ons on their site.

2015-08-28 21:10:16

I would give it a try. I am often playing with my sighted friends. So why not?

2015-08-28 21:43:06

I have sighted brother, and maybe players are friendly too?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2015-08-28 22:15:12

Hi.
Sounds awesome I would love to play it. If ghorthalon and pitermach are involved it's probably going to be an awesome project!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-28 22:34:02

no, they just tweeted the account. I dunno if their actually doing stuff in it, but from what I can tell, the guy who is posting with the BlindWarcraft account has very high hopes for this project.

2015-08-29 04:29:58

Hi.

I've added these guys on twitter, what they're doing seems awesome. I'm hoping I'll be able to play WOW soon.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-29 04:42:00

Hello.
I might actually create a twitter account so I can see how it's going lol.
I wonder how the developers feel about this? If there on board with this I think it would help a lot.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-29 08:08:00

well from what I've seen, blizard hasn't responded to requests to make wow accessible, and by not responded I mean totally ignored. But hey, if they created the function to make add ons and mods for the game, well they would want people to use them. If it gains them players, even just a small number of them it would be benneficial for them, right? Sinse they don't need to use any of their time or money to make wow accessible cause others are doing it.

2015-08-29 10:08:08

OK, this guy posted list of addons that can improve the game to us.
Even more, there's a video showing TTS addon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhBGNJQvbUo

2015-08-29 10:17:44

Sorry for double posting.
http://www.jocys.com/Files/Software/Joc … ch-WoW.zip
You should know what it is tongue

2015-08-29 11:15:50

Hi.
Sounds really awesome. I'll take a look at this for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-08-29 11:27:39

just an update for anyone who hasn't seen the tweet. The blindWarcraft site now has a forum.

2015-08-29 15:45:50

Hi.

Yeah it does.

Has anyone played WOW? I'd like to give it a go but have no idea where to begin. I'm following Blindwarcraft on twitter and think what they're doing is amazing.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-29 16:37:37

Hey, did anyone try this addon? Now I can not create char because I don't have sighted assistance.

2015-08-29 18:32:27

hi all! what about navigation in the world? how its possible?

2015-08-29 21:04:45

@1 agreed, I don't do stuff unless i can do all of it without help. i don't like help at all, at all. but for those who are gonna go all in, it seems like a cool project.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-08-29 21:09:48

i agree with some people here. playing games with sighted help isn't that fun, unless you play in multiplayer co-op or against sighted folks, that's the other thing. but for warcraft, i don't think it's possible without help at all. may be we could have warcraft audiogames, heh

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-29 21:15:08

A warcraft audiogame would take far too long to code. Blizard has what ever god you believe in developers, graphics designers and coders working on the game. Then there's all the money they have, and lets not mension all the resorces. The only way you can navigate maps at the moment is with a sighted player from a guild helping you by following them around.

2015-08-30 01:14:57

doesn't have to get any content or resources of warcraft, but do it just like the virtual warcraft, with diffrent coding or even less coding, but turns out the same. I don't see any way of importing everything in audio games either.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-30 09:30:49

Still, I'm very sure that a warcraft audiogame is not gonna happen, at least not the way things are standing now.

2015-08-30 13:28:15

hello! as i under stude there is guild or group of player who playing wow with blind people? if yes, someone contact with they? i playing many time lotro with my sighted friend and i will play wow with this guild with pleasure. can you give me contacts? or give them my skype

2015-08-30 17:39:32

I don't know them, you could try asking @BlindWarcraft if they know which guilds help blind players.

2015-08-31 02:19:18

You're going to need some one to help you play at anytime you are going to do anything.  So for this reason I'm not even going to bother with it.  I'd rather play the game when I'd like to play, not when a sighted person is available to play with me.  This was the same thing with Final Fantasy Xiii online.