This is my first game that is not of my own design. Triple Triad is a popular minigame, first found in the Final fantasy games. After gaining popularity, other games began adding in their own versions of triple triad. Variations on the game have shown up in many different places, and I was asked to make an accessible version for the community.
The game is still in beta stage, and still needs some better instructions and a readme for the game. I figured I'd post what I have so far, so that people can start to enjoy it.
(6.7 MB v0.5f, last updated 8/28/2015 at 6:30 PM EST)
Changes from 0.5e to 0.5f
- Removed some debugging code I accidentally left in during the last update.
- Fixed an issue with the deck configuration menu, that caused it to jump directly to the Previous menu selection.
- Fixed a bug preventing the tile slots from properly restricting the player to the correct rarity levels.
Changes from 0.5d to 0.5e
- Tile attack messages have been customized to bring a little more personality to the game.
- Several tiles still have the old default messages, but that's because after doing like 60, I wanted to kill myself rather than type the rest. I'll do the rest later when I hate it less. haha!
- I've renamed the Rock to Pet rock.
- Support for a Language.txt file has been added, which means Triple triad can now be translated into other languages more easily. You will see the characters $T in many places. That lets the game know where to insert the name of the tile.
- samplelanguage.txt has been included with the game. This can be translated into other languages if anyone wants to do so. In order for the translation to work, rename the file Language.txt and keep it in the game's folder. It will be detected and loaded automatically when the game starts.
Changes from 0.5c to 0.5d
- Pressing Z during a battle shows you the current score.
Changes from 0.5b to 0.5c
- More tiles have been added.
- Most of the game's tiles have been given sounds, usually from their original games.
Changes from 0.5 to 0.5b
- Fixed the Giion guard, who was showing up as Giio guard.
- Additional tiles have been added. I'm sure I'll add more later to help round out each rarity level.
- While playing, pressing W,A,S,D over an empty tile will tell you the attack strengths of the adjacent enemy tiles. This might make it easier to know where to place your own tiles. You can also use I,J,K,L to do the same thing.
Changes from 0.4c to 0.5
- Whoops! Just fixed a bug that was causing everyone to be playing on the normal difficulty, even if you had picked an easier or harder one.
- An Instant action option has been added. Selecting this will drop you directly into a fight against a computer opponent, where you have both been given a random set of tiles to use. Winning these matches does not advance you through the game or award you with new tiles.
- The game's ending message has been written and added now.
- After the final move of a match, you can now press escape to view the board before moving on.
- I had to change the way the game keeps track of unlocked tiles, so anyone who had saved the game before this version will lose any tiles they had gained.