2008-06-20 21:49:25

I'd agree with Cx2, and Aleksey, there certainly is room for more 3D action games, especially as that's a genre which can cover everything from suspense, to sudo puzle, to good old action, ---- not to mention loads of different plots, settings and mechanics.

in this topic I was only trying to list types of games we haven't seen yet in audio, not the be all and end all of what we need.

The only genre I think in audio which we're highly over subscribed with are 2D sterrio targiting affairs, ---- I don't just mean all the space invaders games, but things like Liam's duckhunt game as well.

On the other hand though, I was mightily impressed with judgement day even saying that it was yet another audio space invaders, so I wouldn't rule even this genre out, ---- though i'd be much more scheptical if a dev said they were working on such a game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-08-01 09:05:17

Mike,
As for the AGM, I thught it had a lot of potential, but potential that wasn't being exploited. The program was complicated, true, but mainly because the manual isn't current and doesn't explain things well. Also, the developers seem totally indifferent to the problems users have had with the program, of which there are many. For one thing there are some fairly serious sound issues that make any games you might create all but unplayable. For one thing sounds don't pan properly, making it hard if not impossible to line up to enter a door, pick up an object or attack an enemy. Also, certain player reactions didn't work properly, so if you got hit by a monster you wouldn't know it until you suddenly died. Then items would still sound in their original location even long after being picked up. Monsters behaved in the same way, continuing to move, roar and even attack after being killed. And while all this is going on the devs pretty much turned a blind eye and deaf ear to it. And nobody else can figure out ways around these issues so it's hardly surprising that nobody seems to use the AGM anymore.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2008-08-01 14:51:56

"Game makers" flopped in the mainstream, I'm frankly but unfortunately not surprised they did so in the AG community also.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-01 20:35:55

At least with civilization 2. The text is now totally accessible, at least with jaws 9. Therefore I encourage you all to try it out. Ask for help, if required.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2008-08-01 20:40:28

Civilisation 2? Hmm, where can you get this accessible version? I thought that was way gone since it was so old.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-02 10:09:06

Hi,
Today, ghe AGM is one year old!
Where did that time go?
Lol!