2008-07-26 01:27:13

I'm giving yall three addresses and I would like to know what yall think about the info that they pervide. the first one is what all the rest are based on.
http://www.gwmicro.com/blog/
http://kastechnologyaccessblog.blogspot … wsuit.html
http://blog.blindaccessjournal.com/
Does this just make you mad? Are they becoming more like MS? Sorry about the MS pun, but I would like to see fare competing for a change. I might just switch over to WE if needed. WE is sound alot better after reading this. Hmm, lets play dirty shall we?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-07-26 01:44:08

On the one hand I would be dubious as to whether the bookmark system is patent worthy... but on the other I wouldn't call GW Micro innocent about this either.

This has huge marketing potential for GW, which you've just displayed yourself. Imagine the incredible amount of good will this will gain them. This might seem cynical, but frankly there wasn't any necessity for them to shout it from the rooftops on their blog either.

Kettle this is pot, pot meet kettle.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-07-26 15:10:18

LOL. Didn't think about it from that point of view. We will see what happons with the new version of jfw when ever it comes along with WE 7.0. Hmmm.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-07-26 17:56:37

I remembered something... web pages can already have bookmarks built in, as used by the "jump to" and "skip navigation" links. Not sure how this would affect FS' patent.

If there is something at fault here I think it is the ability to patent something which is just such common sense, I mean you can't patent having a favourites section in a web browser or an actual bookmark in a book.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-07-26 23:05:12

I remember someone from gw, maybe a year ago, saying that they was going to add placemarkers to WE. I was up at the tennessee rehab center and we got to talk to some folks from GW. They sounded like nice folks. Ten again, I met a few from FS that sounded nice so go figure. The computer person at the rehab incorraged me to play around with WE and compare it to JFW. thank goodness I did. I know for a fact that WE works like JFW without some of the features that FS added along with different keystrokes.

DropBox Referral

2008-07-27 00:18:49

Well frankly I'm no more likely to let this messing around affect my choice than I am with computer and operating system.

As to the people being nice, of course they were... they weren't the lawyers. Just because there might be some questionable management decisions doesn't mean the people on the front lines don't have the best intentions. I'm no more going to consider the whole of FS and all they produce tainted than I am the US as a result of the whole Iraq business, and believe me lots of people out here in Britain feel very differently. It just doesn't make sense to me really.

cx2
-----

2008-07-27 01:42:59

Good point. who really knows how long I will stay with JFW? Right now I don't have the money to swich and JFW seems to work OK for the things I use it for. So I guess it stays. hey there is NVDA if I really start to hate JFW, but that would push it far for the moment. Maybe I should play with hal to see how it works? Hmmmm. Right now I hate vista more then I hate some of what FS is doing.

DropBox Referral

2008-07-30 01:22:16

Yeah, the whole company in my view is one hell of a son of a gun, and if they're gonna do business suing companies. I will show  you what I mean.

1) BrailleNote Classic to PacMte BX/QX420/440 note takers
2) BrailleNote mPower to PacMate OMNI BX/QX420/440 note takers
3) Serotek, over the name of FreedomBox i believe.
4) And GWMicro, over Window-Eyes.

Four ways they've been unfair to companies. HumanWare, they dispose of their pdoucs, i asked Mosen. Both times, for both trade-ins.

2008-07-30 16:53:28

Well, this does seem to be herting FS's image, but is it enough to get their attention? What we need is someone on the inside of these companies to tell us what is going on that we wouldn't really know from the outside. Is it just a ploy or is it really happoning? From the best that I can tell it's happoning, but what do we not know?

DropBox Referral

2008-07-30 17:11:26

What we need to do frankly is not get ourselves in a knot. We know what we know, which isn't enough to go on. Until we know more we can simply carry on as we are, that's it. Let's not turn this into some weird black ops type thing.

I've no clue what it is around here that makes people get all in a tangle over things. Just relax and take it as it comes.

cx2
-----