2015-08-01 08:50:42

It's the supernatural monsterous theme, kind of. I've never played it myself. Well, I actually played the first two chapters, and it turned out very cool. i wish i could try the rest

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-01 11:27:13

@Mata, I really! would suggest you go to www.choiceofgames.com and see about playing the games on the site there, sinse you can use paypal to pay for them and don't need a credit card, neither do you need chrome or steam or anything else, they're just on the website for you to play.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-02 00:31:03

I would, when I have more money to manage myself. I do have some games on my iphone right now, always want more if possible. (my way of getting them isn't that good though, I was just lucky. Will buy them all again as soon as possible).

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-02 03:45:40

Fare enough.

A credit card does actually have it's uses it is true, sinse there are lots of places online that require one like kickstarter, so it's probably worth looking into generally if you can, though I don't know what the situation is in Thailand as regards  them sinse I know how easy it is to get a creddit card can vary hugely between different countries, heck there are also countries where paypal doesn't work either.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-02 15:30:22

I still feel regret doing it, but it seess to be the only way for me. I can't manage my card, though I have my bank account (which is causing problems now). Here in Thailand, credit card is kinda hard to obtain, especially for someone who doesn't have the exact job like me.

2015-08-02 17:36:46

That is a shame, indeed Thailand must be very different from Britain in that respect sinse over here banks can't wait to give people credit cards in hopes of geting them into debt big_smile.

I did just have a look on Ios to see if I could send you episodes four and five of zombie exodus, sinse you could then send the money to my paypal account, however it seems it is not possible to gift in ap purchices.

If you however have a bank account and paypal I'd strongly suggest you get in touch with choiceofgames directly, both because I think you can use paypal on their site, and because I'm fairly sure that you could arrange some sort of paypal transfer for the games on Ios with them.
Also, I know that sinse Credit cards are difficult to get in India as well, Grryf uses apple points gift cards. I don't know much about this system as it's not one I've had to use myself, but if credit cards are as hard to get in Thailand as you say it's probably worth looking into.

Sorry I can't be more help.

2015-08-02 17:56:25

Oh, don't. It's a messed up financial sector where not having a credit card--and not having debt--is a liability! It's tragic.

Just myself, as usual.

2015-08-02 18:38:17

Well I have the first but not the second, owing to me, ---- well you know only wanting to buy stuff I can actually afford, Yes, I admit I am a strange and disturbed persn who abuses the trust of those poor financial institutions! it's really very selfish of me to put them to the trouble of providing me a credit card and not doing my part to make all those poor poor bankers richer, yes, I admit it, I am a bad, bad criminal! I blame it all on my parents, you know filling my young mind with all that bad advice and those absolute lies like "neither a borrower nor lender be!"

Yes I am guilty! very, very guilty! oh the remorceless guiltiness!

and of course I would never, never, ever be sarcastic! big_smile.

2015-08-02 18:50:07

lol

It is really very sad though.

I have a Visa debit card; not willing to play that game, but of course you have to put up with all sorts of questions on your credit rating, plus the added risk that comes from a malicious retailer. So I use Paypal (who have their share of troubles) as much as I can. Now ApplePay provides an alternative at some venues too, including HungryHouse most recently, and that also removes some of the risk.

But it's still right royally messed up. sad

Just myself, as usual.

2015-08-02 23:25:03

so, have played choice of zombies again. This time I played with the ex deltaforce guy. With him, i managed to get a good and satisfying ending. A question: I started to play silent gear, but how the sounds can be turned on? And when they start so I can check if they are activated or not?
Thank you for help.

Best regards
Niklas

2015-08-03 22:42:19

So, I begun playing silent gear yesterday. The game and it's writing is good so far so if it stays the same, i would recomment to try out. But I couldn't hear any sounds till yet, that's why i ask. Anyway, good and exciting game so far.

2015-08-04 00:45:27

Thank you anyway Dark. I think I'd put it out of my way for just now, I mean credit card. The only way I have, even though I have bank account, is to wait and wait, or cheat it the other way (which is what i could never be willing to do). I use my university account, only have ATM card that doesn't work with paypal. It's a real pain.

Anyway, going through Fatehaven now. Anyone knows the better voice rather than this stupid English crap which loves to say fatahaven instead of fatehaven? Man if I could just get Eloquence on here.:(

2015-08-04 03:06:26

I actually think Daniel isn't so bad, it's just because fatehaven is written as one word, and personally I can't stand eloquence partly because their attempt at an English as opposed to american accent sounds very, very horrible!

I'd actually suggest talking nicely to your bank Mata, explain to them what you want a credit card for, sinse as I said over here places can't wait to give you them.

I need to decide what to play next. I still need to replay chapter four of zombie exodus, but I think I shal give zombies a rest for a while. I'm tempted to try paradox factor or life of a wizard, I might even give in and try out silent gear, although as I said the background to that one just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Does anyone know if the authors of Apex patrol or ate haven wrote any other games?

2015-08-04 05:19:37

Just got through Fatehaven and ended up...how should i say, not so bad but...romance in this game is a little weird, heh. I still feel regret cheating on how to get it though. I just have no choice.

I'm afraid talking to the bank doesn't work, Dark. I don't have enough reason to demand credit card for myself, even thoughI want to. I don't think my parents would help either, unless I try to  talk my way out with my sister who lives in America. My family usually think buying unnecessary apps is the waste of time and money, therefore, not just the cog games I have to pass on, but the other awesome apps as well. The only way I have now is to cheat, until I find the better way.:(

2015-08-05 07:19:28

So I tried playing choice of the dragon... It was okay at most. I was wondering what Choice of games were really worth getting into. They seem really fun so seeing what you guys find to be your favorites would be a good start..

2015-08-05 09:34:17

Choice of the dragon is okay for what it is and quite commical, but it's very linniar and doesn't really offer much choice over all. The better Choice script games are the ones with real choices about the story and progression, as well as great writing and characters.
Under choice of games I can highly recommend Mecha ace for something with an amazing world, very good (if quite bleak), writing and some choices that really matter, indeed matter a bit too much big_smile.
Choice of robots also has some amazingly different outcomes sinse you can literally go from world domination to saving humanity in the same game big_smile.

If you want something introspective and atmospheric in a scifi setting, creatures such as we is worth a look, although while the characters, setting and options were lovely I did feel as I said earlier in this thread some of the attempts at artistic discussion I was less taken with.

Also however, bare in mind there are the hosted games. These are produced in the choice script language, but are written by different authors, and usually with a slightly different style and standard to the games sold under the choiceofgames own banner sinse they tend to be a little more experimental and can range from terrible to amazing in quality.

FateHaven  I can absolutely recommend, great characters and writinng and an awesome plot. I'm a major fan of zombie exodus just for it's writing style, although note that the choiceofgames Choice of zombies is also well worth a play (zombies had far more choices and alternatives, but exodus is imho better written).
Samurai hyuga, for all it's forced grimness is also rather good as well.

In general I've enjoyed most of the Cog and Hg titles I've played for different things. Shadow horror for atmosphere and a very ultimate conclusion, Apex patrol for setting depth and style, choice of the star captain for humour, Last monster master for making you very responsible (a little too much so), and a distinctly well fleshed out world, the heroes rise games for their combat and action, choice of romance for just being a rather unique fantasy with a fairy tale ending, although that one I need to explore further, Yetti's patrol officer as a light hearted  feel good scifi, Choice of broadsides for it's swashbuckling awesomeness, although it very much is one of their earlier titles, even city of the clouds which I was generally less keen on had it's amusements, indeed if you read through this entire topic you'll see various thoughts on many of the cog and hg games, sinse usually there's always something to like about each, indeed there are very few games I've played I'd  streight out say were utterly worthless. And of course, I've by no means played all their offerings, that is why this topic is so very long. There is also personal bias, for example I'm less a fan of  crime drama or military fiction so haven't investigated some games of those sorts, though I shal in the future, and likely a person with a higher opinion of the hole super hero genre would have more positive thoughts about hero's rise than I did, (I enjoyed them but they weren't my favourite).

Choice of the dragon in some ways  is more like an extended promo, and quite a cursory one at that, as I said fun for what it is, but not really representative of some of the best of the style.

2015-08-05 13:46:19

I personally don't really like choice of the dragon. It's made just like a commercial or promo for choicescript, of how choice of games titles are like, or something like that.
Zombie exodus is awesome in either way, story, plot and plan, and strategies within, also, 9 endings are enough for you to stick your butt in a place and enjoy.

Spoilers...fatehaven player beware!  :
I got 2 tragic endings so far, the death one and the fatehaven one, death as well. Is there anything to prevent silvana from killing you if you don't love her? Do I have to set my mind on someone before atempting that? I've gone through it three times, first got killed by her, second was taken by that demonic Mevan, and the last atemp ended up getting drained to death by Silvana again. Oh my gosh!

2015-08-05 13:56:21

Beware! Fatehaven spoilers below!

That is odd mata. In my game there was no suggestion of being killed by Silvana at all, I did decide I loved her but I don't think that was the point sinse I was also offered to get together with bridget the Knight or the cat thief girl patch.
I think it probably depends upon your renown and corruption scores and likely also how well you got on with Silvana (I can't remember if she has a stat for how much she likes you the way other characters do).
Of course I'm guessing sinse I personally decided that I did love Silvana despite the other offers, though I don't think in a game with so well written characters the author would simply make that the deciding factor, and I did also have only I think one point in corruption at the time while my renown was about 14.

2015-08-06 00:09:23 (edited by Niklas 2015-08-06 00:12:37)

I personaly am one of the players who is trying everything out. I begun playing silent gear and like it, okay, the first boss destroyed me in my first attempt to kill this bastard, but I swear, I'll be back. Oh yeaaaah. But in my opinion, sounds would fit in more situations. I don't know if there is a reason behind this, but the author said they start automatically. So far, no sound in the Prolog, no ones in the first boss battle and in the first Episode. It is okay to me if they come later, but I thought in some situations, that sounds in the background already would be cool. But anyway, i like the writing. Another aspect i am happy to see in these tittles is a real combat system, were you realy have to fight and deal with damage points, not only making choices and the rest just happens. The combat system in the first boss battle of silent gear reminds me of the fighting fantasy project, especially hellfire. I don't know if silent gear is the only one of these games with such a combat system? Would be cool if there are more with such mechanics.

2015-08-06 00:23:24

I never use sounds when trying silent gear, and it's fine enough for me. Ah well, may be it's just me, who knows.
That game is crazy, though.

Spoilers again, fatehaven beware!
It's probably because I was confused over the last meeting with that dam deciple and Silvana herself, or may be because I didn't get along with anyone before meeting her, or may be it's something I don't know. Silvana is a weird sort of Character, imo.

2015-08-06 05:38:08

@Niclas "making choices" is exactly the point of the Cog or Hg titles, they're not really the traditional random dice rolls attack and damage combat like what you'd see in other gamebook systems such as the ff one on ffproject. Some have made an effort to get some mechanics of combat into the games like Silent gear, though I've still not played that one myself (keep being put off by the blatant nationalism), however most games, even the high action ones it's about your choices and tactics in combat that make the difference not random numbers. For example, Mecha ace has some fantastic combat situations where you choose what to specialize your mech in and how best to attack your enemies, not to mention what you command the rest of your squadren of mechs to do in each fight, but it depends upon your reading of the situation not just attacking and hoping a random dice roll is nice to you.
Similarly, Hero's rise lets you manage your hero's power level and your health,and  sinse if you use all your hero's power you'll die, but againn no random dice rolls. It's a different method of working, but goes well if it's done well action included, Samurai Hyuga for example is a great game with lots of action, but it doesn't have an attack roll anywhere in it.
In a way I sometimes think I prefer things that way, or at least I do when the situation works out making combat part of the story rather than some random battles outside it, then again rpg battles in gamebooks can be fun too, it depends upon the story and the system and how it's done. Still, take the Cog and Hg titles for what they are, ---- or at least mostly what they are.

Beware! spoilage warning for Fate Haven! stop here or spoilers will eat your brains!

Silvana's motivation actually makes a lot of sense but I suspect you need the good ending to work out precisely where she is coming from, that is why I suspect it's the renown and the corruption that is making things not work out in your case, indeed your told as much earlier on, and sinse generaly having high renown and low corruption also tends to go with the choices that get people to like you, I wonder if that is the issue, sinse I don't think the developer would make it quite simply a love story, and I'd be a wee bit disappointed if he did given how vivid the other characters are, plus that would make the theme of struggling against corruption rather pointless.

I wonder has anyone ever completed Fatehaven got the good ending but not! ended up with Silvana?

2015-08-06 06:57:41

Just how many endings are there in Fatehaven story? The onlything that points me through, is that fatehaven crap with silvana. I still don't quite get if she's good, or evil, or anything. She resided in Mevan, she taught me magic and stuff...ugh, the heck is she?

2015-08-06 09:49:05

I don't think there are that many endings to fatehaven. If you get the good ending Mata you do find out all about Silvana, the question is what exactly your missing in getting there, as I said, corruption or renown is my best guess.

2015-08-06 10:53:58

I just can't  seem to get it...but

spoilers, fatehaven again!

Is the good ending about memory faids away and ends up being in fatehaven something? It's horrible to end up dead, though

2015-08-06 15:50:42

Versus: The Lost Ones, the next game by Zackery Surgy, should be released later today, according to CoG. It's a Scifi story where you're stranded on a planet and need to return home. Has fantasy elements as well, I think.
I think it is going to be a trilogy. More news on Hero Project Redemption season is coming too, apparently pretty soon.