2015-07-27 02:04:15

Hello,

I have been spending a long time today looking for a way to convert a wav file containing a recording of me or another person reading something and then having the ability to turn it into a text file.

One such service exists but is online:
www.voicebase.com
and this site has a lot of ads which makes it difficult to use effectively.

A friend of mine located some code that they copied to see if it would do what we need, and it did indeed work, using parts of SAPI and Windows Speech Recognition Engine to translate our recordings into text.

Note that we didn't really code this ourselves but built code from a site to see if it did what we wanted.

If you need any more clarification on this, please let me know.

It doesn't really matter the quality of the conversion at this point, but does anyone know of a tool that we could use please? Like I said, at this point I would like to just know if this sort of thing exists or if the code we found would be something completely new, if that makes sense.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Brandon

2015-07-27 12:24:32

if you're using Firefox or chrome, Install addblock pluss. or youblock, which I haven't tried but I hear it works well.