2015-07-13 17:36:20

hello! i can not find client and soundpack for this mud. i hope that somebody could help me. and can you advice me muds with sounds. best regards

2015-07-13 18:19:58

I know miriani has a couple of soundpacks for different clients, but it's not something I keep track of.

One other mud with a good soundpack is Alter Aeon.  It has an installer and automatically connects to the game, so it's fairly easy to use.  You can get it at http://mush-z.com

2015-07-13 23:31:26

ofcours i know alter aeon mud. it has very good sound pack. but i heared that miriani has big soundpack. and i'd like to find all muds with sounds. please help me as it possible. best regards

2015-07-15 14:29:16

I do not know of all the different muds with soundpacks. Have you tried using the soundpacks command in miriani? How about checking the message boards? Oh yes, clients, vipmud is a good beginners client. Some like using mush, and there is or was the monkey turm client that is or was used. I hope this helps. I guess I could do a recording of setting up an account on miriani, but that is most surely  not my favorite space based mud. The last time I played it, there was to some degree some trolling and the like going on when I left. It may have changed sense then and as far as I can tell, that is more than you wanted, but if I do a recording, it will most likely be a little bias because of that factor.
PS
Now, please don't band me dark?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-07-15 15:05:03

thank for your help. what interest muds you can advice?

2015-07-15 16:04:51

Hmmmm, Cw, what  would you gbe getting a ban for? If I banned everyone for accusing Miriani of having unrestricted piracy and general scummery I'd be banning half the forum, myself included big_smile

@igggggoreha You won't find another mud with a soundpack like alteraeon. the Alteraeon soundpack has been built lovingly over  a very long time (10 or 12 years), has massive support from the developer and is exceptional! indeed, it makes alteraeon more an audiogame than a mud. If your looking for other muds with that level of sound, your going to be disappointed every time. Muds are text games, they use the text and the mechanics, that is what they do. A few like materiamagica or  six dragons have the odd sound to play at various times in the game, but it really is "the odd sound" just to spice things up, so I'd get used to just hearing the text.

I'd recommend for a client Vipmud myself, as I find it easiest to use outside of Alter.

On muds, if you want a great combat game similar to alteraeon though with quicker mechanics and lots of questing, try Aardwolf, no sounds but great gameplay. If you want a really unique game with probably the best wilderness and mechanics I've ever seen plus one of the most lovely communities, try Clok, I've heard there is a soundpack kicking around for vipmud somewhere but I've not found it.

Materiamagica is big, complex and has a minimal soundpack like six dragons. I ran into trouble at one point with that game but I think the thing I ran into trouble with, the quest timers and inability to find marks, has been fixed and I should give it another try.

Six dragons looks good and has a minimal soundpack but I got a trifle stuck somewhere in the tutorial.

Prometheus has a similar space theme and mechanics to Miriani, but no unrestricted pirating scummery, though some areas are still in the build phase.

Fluxworld is a great scifi adventure, but it's very different to pretty much any other mud in existance and more like a giant interactive fiction, there isn't combat or anything, just lots of puzzles and things in the environment to play with.

Wayfare1444 isn't really like a mud, it's more like setting up a space colony. I love the initial stages of wandering the wilderness and finding stuff and building, but after my colony got setup it became quite grindy.
Empire which has you ruling a kingdom I have heard good things about and it has had a rather recent update though my experience previously wasn't good.

discworld has beautiful writing in a fantasy setting and some great setup, but I found it near impossible to actually do! or interact with anything, I just ended up wandering around until i gave up because there were no quests or whatever.
Epitaff had  very annoying to read combat so I got on very badly indeed, though I've heard a rumour this has been fixed, and the zombocalypse setting does sound interesting.
Cyber assault I have tried because several people played, but I wasn't a huge fan, particularly because combat is super spammy  even with the supposedly low spam option, though I admit the writing wasn't my thing in that game.

I've also heard good things about lost souls mud, particularly about access fixes, and someone recently recommended erion mud, though I've yet to try those last two, likewise Avalon looks intreaguing but I'm not sure on the combat sinse it doesn't have any screen reader adaptations.

And that is pretty much all the muds I have any even passing acquaintance with.

I'm now waiting for Dentin to release stelleraeon big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-15 19:16:33

I'm unfortunately moving in three weeks, and between the new job and other planned things I'm probably not going to get back to Stellar Aeon for a couple of months.  It's currently in limited test mode - pretty much the only things you can do are fly around, mine asteroids, upgrade your ship, and find bugs.  It's not really a game yet.  When I have time to work on it, things go fairly fast, so I'm expecting official open by year end.

2015-07-16 12:38:33

alteraeon has to be my favorite. As for space based muds, I know that there is star conquest and miriani. Star conquest has the profile thing where you have to have a RP story line aproved before you can get beyond a point, but up side is that there is usually vary little griefing and the like. Fluxworld is interesting in deed. As for the band dark, maybe it would be going off topic by a bit by complaining about how bad miriani is or will it be because of my offer to make a bias recording of miriani. Then again, Most likely not. LOL. Anyway, I will have to give Prometheus a try at some point. I do have an interest in space based muds. I just haven't yet found the perfict one yet.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-07-16 15:51:38

@Dentin, That wil be a nice crimble present  indeed big_smile.

I've always wanted a space game that is all about the exploring, but unfortunately all the ones I've seen are heavily into the pvp for some reason, both browser based and otherwise. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare and they don't usually give that feeling of guiding your ship and crew around a huge universe just seeing what you can find, dealing with all the accompanying problems external and internal, but out to explore space not to blow up fellow captains.

I  actually have a similar issue with a lot of the colony building games (even aforesaid wayfare1444), sinse basically everything is just about static number crunching, the alien planets are just "this produces x units of iron ore, x units of crystal and so much energy per tick" and your population are just a static number. No where is the sense of being on an alient world with alient creatures, or of any of the things you'd really need to dynamically manage in a colony, like your miners going on strike for having a boring job, or the rain getting into your food stores, or your electronics crashing or a sandworm swallowing your favourite smelting plant big_smile.

I know Stellar Aeon at the moment is all about managing the ships not the colonies, but this probably shows why I'm excited, sinse exploration based gameplay and gameplay based on judgement is much more what I'd love from the experience of a space game than just minimax and pound away.

@Cw, Promethius has it's moments, especially the lack of pvp, though I admit I've not played as much of the game particularly lately. The two things that make me a wee bit reluctant about the game are firstly that there are places the writing feels a little patchy, including areas of unfinished description, and secondly that some of the activities you have to do feel a bit feel as if there should be a bit more background as to why things are done that way. For example, I'm certainly not against a planet of hunting and horse riding in a space setting, but I'd prefer to know exactly why, ---- is it a low tech civilization so people have to blend in with the locals? Just saying "It's a hunting lodge and there for fun" doesn't quite give the sense of immertion for me.
I admit though, there are many parts of promethius I've not seen, and of course additions are made constantly so it is entirely possible things have improved here, indeed I already know there are more activities than when I last playyed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-16 20:06:04

That is pretty clear by reading the topic on it. I have lots of questions. For example, doesn't have alot of unfixed bugs? When will it be when the writing is worked on? What is the history? Over all, agree about the space based muds. I am more into exploration. PVP may not be as bad if, for example, firing your lasers would cause them to melt at some point, or having some thing else just a major breaking during battle. The biggest problem with some muds in question is that the bigger the ship, the better. You would think that the bigger the ship, the more unweildy the ship along with the more crew you will need. Then again, the bigger ships would be nice for exploration, but with a few catches. Does the interprize off of star trek come to mind? As for PVP, has anyone thought about the deathstar off of star wars and how it fell? To me, when it comes to PVP, the more powerful a ship is, the bigger a weakness of that ship should be.

DropBox Referral

2015-07-17 00:48:22

Actually cw, the  deathstar's weakness was not big. in ship terms it was very, very tiny!  remember how luke said  the vent into the reactor core that he had to shoot down was less than two meters? and that after going down a very long trench on the deathstar's surface under very heavy fire.

Ideally in a pvp system  I agree that the potential should always be there for the skillfull player to beat the big guns, but building such a system takes amazing and  subtle care indeed and probably couldn't be done in a progressive game like a mud.
I do though like the idea of ships systems having the potential to break down and then need fixing by your crew, after all what was most of the engineering crew on startrek doing for much of the time? Actually that could be a fun interaction, especially when exploring, sinse it'd be something you'd have to manage, like maybe needing to patch the systems until you could get to a starbase or settlement, or maybe land on some desolate moon somewhere, mine up some metal and smelt into parts you could jory rig.

2015-07-17 11:51:59

hello again! can some one of you give me link on soundpack for miriani and write instruction how i can use this with mudclient. thank

2015-07-19 06:30:09

Prometheus was one of the firstMUDs to catch my attention. Though Alter Aeon ha rally caught my eye as well. I'm hving trouble getting Msh-Z to work properly however