2015-07-13 14:42:08

I've mentioned the mining thing in the comments to the reddit section, and the dev is talking about some access fixes  to remove or replace the ascii art, which is awesome news.
As far as I know yes you can reload after getting a room, i'll try next time I reach a town, however once you die whether you save or not it's permadeath.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-13 14:49:13

Some of the towns are quite massive, and only a few of the number options are  displayed onscreen  at a time.  This is the only real problem I'm  having so far ,   But I guess if I listen closely, I should be able to find the buildings I want

2015-07-13 15:23:43

You can always scroll the window back up again either with the middle mouse wheel or a convenient emulation (supernova can do it in   dolphin curser with w).

I would also recommend setting the full screen option, sinse for me at least this produced better columnization of the text.

Any thoughts on mining? sinse thus far while I get the press space to mine and esc to stop, I'm not sure how you choose what you mine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-13 15:58:03

Okay, the good news is I think I dig how mines work now (ha ha),each  mine just gives one sort of ore from what I gather and you need to find the one that gives the best, whether you can cart lesss prophetable stuff from town to town  I don't know, indeed given that all you need to do to mine is hammer space like a demon it seems super grinderlicious, or at least it would if towns were a little more common than they seem to be.

The bad news is, either I've missed something or saving doesn't work.

2015-07-13 16:21:34

I read earlier that saving isn't implemented in the game yet, apparently the developer is waiting until other systems are added   Or something .

2015-07-13 18:49:41

Hi Dark,
no no, you dont have to hammering space all the time. I think every mining needs 3 or 4 seconds. Thats why i said sounds would make it a little bitmore clear for us what and when to do.
Looking forward to save my game so i can try to raise up my first character for a little longer. I realy like the fact that materials have different prices in different towns. I also hope that there will be something like a traveling option to visit allready explored towns.

2015-07-13 18:58:25

I think there is more to be done with towns later, like you being able to own buildings etc, but it's not implemented yet, (you can throw money at buildings but it doesn't unfortunately do much).
With the mine, it actually seems hammering space works remarkably well, I made over 100 K gold by finding a place that bought diamonds for 95 each and then using that to buy the best pickaxe and double xp from mining, I also got from character level 10 to 12 out of it.
Actually that game rocked! i was lucky enough to get some early mutations and then used them to go through a lot of things, unfortunately I fell foul of the repeating titan bug, and just finished up committing suicide.
Still, here is my graveyard just for awesome factor, though note it lists the version as 7.1 rather than 7.2, and also doesn't know the difference between boys and girls:

jenny dethon travelled through 175 places in the wasteland, he died at level 12 and the last thing he saw was a Sickly WormFlea Titan in the region known as Rockydirt Valley

jenny dethon travelled through Great Rockying Desert into the small stretched waste of Philip's Crater, from there he passed into the small stretched waste of Dovetor Settlement Crater, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Rockydirt Valley Where his journey ended.

-------------------------------SKILLS----------------------------------------
Health               - 165
Strength             - 20
Agility              - 20
Lockpick             - 23
-----------------------------OTHER STATS-------------------------------------
Times Mutated        - 7
Mutation Level       - 30
Money                - 36045
Kills                - 112
Regions Cleared      - 3
Dungeons Cleared     - 10
Settlements Visited  - 4
----------------------------CURRENT WEAPON-----------------------------------
Weapon Name          - Legendary Forbidden Legendary Gold Sledgehammer
Weapon Damage        - 1243
Weapon Durability    - 702
Weapon Value         - 29996
----------------------------NOTABLE KILLS------------------------------------
jenny dethon Killed The Great Clyde in Great Rockying Desert
jenny dethon Killed The Great Lancel in Great Rockying Desert
jenny dethon Killed Razor The Mutant Hunter in Dovetor Settlement Crater
jenny dethon Killed Deranged WeaselVermin Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Dying Deranged Deranged Whispering Eye-faced BatSeagull Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Hopeless Rad-Cat Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Shambing Young Pulsating Warty Sand Ant Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Deranged Rabid Desert AntBeetle Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Deranged Three-Eyed FoxGuinea Pig Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Infirm Three-Eyed PigeonMountain Lion Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Brave Eye-faced MoleTusked-Boar Titan in Rockydirt Valley
jenny dethon Killed Delicate Dying Weasel Titan in Rockydirt Valley
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       Rest In Peace jenny dethon
(built in version 0.7.1)

2015-07-13 23:15:03

For anyone grinding in mining for minutes on end to gain quick levels, that's going to be removed in the long run once the towns get focused on more.  Mining will be subjected to random events and mine picks will need to be replaced.  So yes, you can hilarious die from smashing space bar like a demon in the future.

Huh, I never noted the titan bug, I normally just get sme events before another one decides to jump at me so there's a chance for the level to go down.

2015-07-13 23:23:29

I suspected random events etc would be coming for mining, I just hope by the point those happen the text involved will be a bit more readable sinse it seems to scroll past at ridiculous speed, actually I don't really get why mining isn't turn based, but we'll see how that goes.

As to the titan loop, I don't know if it only occurs with packs of titans, with the game generating a different type of titan for you to fight rather than decreasing the number of titans in the initial pack when you kill one. However along with the brown mountain monk loop which also is a bit crazy, it's on the bug fix list for the next set of uptdates, which we should actually see in the next few hours if the dev is true to schedule big_smile.

2015-07-14 00:43:17

Hello,
Please keep us posted.

2015-07-14 06:44:02

OK, 0.7.3 is out. And we now have intelligence!
So lets see!

2015-07-14 07:53:50 (edited by Figment 2015-07-19 04:25:25)

I really want to play this game, but attempting to download it through mediafire through up a number of roadblocks that I couldn't get past.

The first was an unfriendly CAPTCHA, it offered and audio option, but all that did was send me to the same page with an audio captcha that had a link to a video puzzle. It also opened another window full of advertizing and with no content. The page of advertizing could easily be closed, but the audio puzzle was never played, so there is no way for a blind or visually impaired person to solve the captcha.

2015-07-14 08:19:48

Hi.
The game sounds interesting, but the fact that the developer doesn't step in and answer some questions makes me wait a bit longer to give the game a try. Is it an online or offline game? How do you get notified when there's a new update?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-07-14 09:32:49

@Gene, downloading the game should present no problem. Go to the link labeled "download latest build" that will redirect you to a page on the file storage site "mediafire" where the latest build, currently 7.3 is. There are lots of links and what not, but I just searched for the text that said "Download" and downloaded the file, indeed I've done it four times now with successive versions so I can definitely say it works, and no, if there was a capture required I wouldn't be recommending the game either.

Reddit is the forum system the dev is using to promote the game, advertise changes etc, (well it's sort of like a forum but a bit weerder). Reddit itself has a capture system for creating new threads, though it seems to go away once you register an account, which doesn't require a capture (crazy).

As to the developer, well I can't blaim him (I presume it's a him), for hanging out over on reddit and just banging out announcements, the speed of development is scary! and if you can tangle with the reddit system he's quite prepared to discuss suggestions etc, both access related and otherwise, ---- alternatively, just grab the game and have some fun with it, really if it wasn't possible to download easily I'd not have made a news item.

Hth.

2015-07-14 16:23:03 (edited by Figment 2015-07-19 04:27:21)

I don't know where you are ending up, but, here are the results of my just completed attempts to download this game.

Using my browser history, I went straight to the game's mediafire page and found a link that said something like "Download (74MB)", so I clicked it, I ended up on a page full of nothing but advertizements.

So I went to the game's reddit page, clicked the link to download the latest build and again ended up on mediafire, this time it wouldn't let me download the game unless I took a survey.

2015-07-14 16:36:00

Hmmm, this is very weerd, though might I suggest Gene that  instead of throwing a   hissyfit you talk calmly about the problem and we try and find a way of fixing it.
For example, here is a  direct download link to the file:
http://download850.mediafire.com/5rq2kh … +0.7.3.zip

Let me know if that works.

As I said, I've not experienced any of these problems in ie, I wonder if it's your browser. I'll admit as file hosting services go, mediafire  is not my favourite, but  there are far better responses and better ways of expressing frustration, indeed were I the game's developer and got a response like the above I'd probably dismiss the blind community, and this forum as a load of stroppy children and  be less, rather than more inclined to be helpful, particularly sinse as I said the problem seems to be with the file hosting service not the game itself, and as far as the game goes, the developer seems like a very decent chap.

2015-07-14 17:10:56

Hello!
Yeah, Dark is wright. I know i was the first who complaint a little on saturday, but it had nothing to do with the developer of this interesting project.
I am sure we can find a way to fix this strange download-problem. If you want, i could upload the next updates to my dropbox. Or we could ask the developer if he could change maybe something of the downloadoptions.
Realy, this is absolutely no reason for serious angry complaints.
Hey dark! I tryed your link and got the some puzzle-stuff. So i think this way is not ocompletely accessible.

2015-07-14 17:31:22

Hmmm, most odd firefly, when I hit the above download link, I get a download file window open. What browser are people using? With ie it seems to be fine, but I wonder if mediafire is doing odd things in Firefox or whatever.

I don't think though there is any need to hassle the developer about this or to start recommending he change download alternatives until we've actually worked out what the problem is, plus of course it's easy enough to just pass the file along (I could just bang it up on sendspace myself).

Btw, if you go to the wastes subredit, there is  a link to a youtube trailer for a game called "war sim" which the developer of the wastes  worked on previously. It uses some of the same ideas, but is a strategic turn based kingdom management and battle affair, rather than a postt appocalyptic rpg.

I don't think it's being worked on anymore, but it's worth a try, especially for people who like that sort of thing.

2015-07-14 17:42:14

it's the advertisement that keeps popping up when you download from mediafire. i've encounterred it all the time, but manage to solve both capcha and the adds. @Gene, you went to the right link, but yougot stuck on the ads page. What you should do is hit control+w to get out of the ads, and then alt+n, the download should be there.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-07-14 18:00:52

Hi Dark,
i am using firefox.
HAHA, damn, i just wanted to try what mata said, but now the time is back where i can download it with out any problem. I will try again later.
Oh btw: Can you send a link for this "war sim"? I think i would like to try this also.

2015-07-14 18:01:58 (edited by Figment 2015-07-19 04:29:08)

I get around the advertizing page by closing it, but the game's page  no longer has any download links and there is no file download started, dead end.

2015-07-14 18:04:40

Mmm, gene, the adds aren't anything to do with the developer, they're the fault of mediafire, the file hosting service he's putting the beta file on, so might I suggest you direct your bile in the correct direction.
I'm fairly sure there is a solution to this, whether someone mirroring the file on a more accessible host or finding a way around the adds, but if your not interested in solving the problem there isn't much else to say.

Btw, the developer is now discussing the ascii art free version, which will be great and save a lot of hitting down arrow for no reason, (and all the more reason I'd rather people didn't accuse him of mediafire's inequities). ACtually to say how much is in the game is unfinished, I'm really excited to see where this one goes.

2015-07-14 18:50:00

Strange, very strange. I just downloaded something on mediafire some seconds before i posted this one on the topic. I've used mediafire for over 2 years, and never seem to have problems with it at all. What page did it take you to, Gene? WAnd what kind of ads did you get? I might be able to help.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-07-14 22:48:49

I Kind of just commited suicide near the end, because I was in a 95 area desert, so My exploration kept on being reset by sandstorms.

Nyaroth travelled through 780 places in the wasteland, he died at level 20 and the last thing he saw was a Warty Tri-Horned Wastelander Titan in the region known as Wilding Barrens

Nyaroth travelled through Mount Ringo into the sizeable wastes of St Wilddirt Desert, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Mount Stanley, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Redbrook, from there he passed into the far expanding wastes of Mutenmead Town Craters, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Scrappersden Mountain, from there he passed into the small stretched waste of Mount Karl, from there he passed into the sizeable wastes of Windedge Town Mountain, from there he passed into the small stretched waste of New Scrapperswells Desert, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Wildwells Waste, from there he passed into the far expanding wastes of Wilding Barrens Where his journey ended.

-------------------------------SKILLS----------------------------------------
Health               - 1387
Strength             - 51
Agility              - 51
Intelligence         - 51
Lockpick             - 176
-----------------------------OTHER STATS-------------------------------------
Times Mutated        - 25
Mutation Level       - 62
Money                - 3165477
Kills                - 952
Regions Cleared      - 10
Dungeons Cleared     - 54
Settlements Visited  - 4
----------------------------CURRENT WEAPON-----------------------------------
Weapon Name          - Electric Atomic Legendary Pure-Platinum Greatclub
Weapon Damage        - 17499
Weapon Durability    - 7139
Weapon Value         - 116499
----------------------------NOTABLE KILLS------------------------------------
Nyaroth Killed The Great  in Mount Ringo
Nyaroth Killed Stabby Thief Robert in Mount Ringo
Nyaroth Killed the Angry Lemmy in Mount Ringo
Nyaroth Killed Spider Darrel in St Wilddirt Desert
Nyaroth Killed the Actor Carl in St Wilddirt Desert
Nyaroth Killed The Great Bryan in Mount Stanley
Nyaroth Killed Spider Mickey in Mutenmead Town Craters
Nyaroth Killed Super Two-Faced Beast Goliath in Scrappersden Mountain
Nyaroth Killed The Great Paulie in Scrappersden Mountain
Nyaroth Killed Mortally Wounded Heavily Armoured Raging Hybrid Owl Goliath in Scrappersden Mountain
Nyaroth Killed Enraged Warty Warty Weak Tusked-BoarMole Goliath Titan in Scrappersden Mountain
Nyaroth Killed Monstrous Angry Seeing Talking Tri-Horned Iguana Goliath in Scrappersden Mountain
Nyaroth Killed Cock Insane Davis in Mount Karl
Nyaroth Killed the Avid Rafael in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed the Asshole Lucky in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Half Dead Three-Headed Desert Hyena Goliath Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Infected Desert Wasp-Man Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Rabid Feral Horned Desert Snail Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Toe-Cutter Alexander in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Half Dead Wounded Bull Goliath in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Keith The Roving Mutant Hunter Captain in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Decaying Deranged Baby Rat Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Infirm Bloat Brained Sand OwlBeast Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Dying Rabid Feeble Agile One-Eyed Desert Gecko Queen Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Irradiated Tamed Delicate Decaying Bloat Brained Beast Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Furious Shambing Dying Weak Tri-Horned Sand Hound Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Weak Elder Three-Headed Desert Mutt Titan in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Jason The Mutant Hunter in Wildwells Waste
Nyaroth Killed Half Dead Furious One-Eyed Orange Tusked-Boar Titan in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Toothless Douchebag Stanley in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Shambing Frail Fragile Twsited One-Eyed Weasel Titan in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Razor Walter in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Ed The Mutant Hunter in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Dire Sand BeetleHyena Goliath Titan in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Toe-Cutter Brendan in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Desert Mad Antonio in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed the Slapper Carnivore Derek in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Lil' Ripper Harry in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Seeing Partially Invisible Three-Headed Rad-Desert Thing Titan in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Three-Fingers Dastardly Justin in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Black-Eye Paedophile Leroy in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Ass-Crack Trent in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Mini Malcolm in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Dire Three-Headed Tribal Hunter Goliath in Wilding Barrens
Nyaroth Killed Wild Giant Hybrid Defiled Eye-faced Mutt KingPig Goliath in Wilding Barrens
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       Rest In Peace Nyaroth
(built in version 0.7.3)

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2015-07-14 23:16:39

Wow, good going.
I'd be interested to know what your perks were, sinse I'm guessing you put a few points into "mad skills" to have the extra skill points to spend on raising your skills.

Looking at your amount of gold (and  the weapon which I'm guessing came from the elite shop), I've got a nasty suspicion that grind mining was in there somewhere sinse  I don't think it's even possible to get that sort of money otherwise at the moment, although apparently there is a huge settlement update on the horizon that will not only make mining nastier but also make towns much more fun as they're sort of a sketch currently.

Stil very nice, you might want to  mention about the sand storms to the dev though.