2015-07-14 18:08:51 (edited by Dan Gero 2015-07-14 18:10:05)

Hi all. So, my friend rote this script, and it allows you to shut down your computer. I compiled it for him, and I'm about to give the link. Note, it tells you to use left and right arrows, but doesn't actually let you use those, you must use up and down. The link is,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6wal7tfiv1f9 … n.exe?dl=1
injoy, I guess.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2015-07-14 18:11:20

hey all...
well, what Can I say? this was already... hilarious. We did this for fun actually.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-07-14 18:17:09

Moderation!

This is not a game  so doesn't belong in  the new releases room.
Really, I am getting a trifle tired of reminding people of this fact!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-14 18:51:15 (edited by Dan Gero 2015-07-14 18:52:37)

@dark, Sorry about that. @teminator, I thought we made it to save trouble.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2015-07-14 19:23:41

um, I thought we made it to have fun?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-07-14 19:46:39

Oh, OK then.

--------------------

2015-07-14 20:16:25

Even for fun, what is the purpose of this program? I mean windows already has a feature where you click shutdown and that very thing happens... This program seems potentially harmful to the computer.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.
Discord: CritterPup
RPG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/QQcHS3Gk

2015-07-15 02:52:58

Why does it seem potentially harmful? To me it just sounds pointless... Hehe.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2015-07-15 04:13:10

Well, look at it this way. A program to shut down a computer could do it in any number of ways. I'm not a techy myself so I can't go in to deep but what I do know is it could make the computer have a fatal error causing it to shut down so the person would have to restart the device. But I do also agree it's rather pointless.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.
Discord: CritterPup
RPG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/QQcHS3Gk

2015-07-15 07:53:35

Hi, I don't think you have to go that far to shutdown the computer. There is a file called shutdown.exe in the Windows directory and I guess this program runs that file. I think it's pointless.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-07-15 08:59:51

It is pointless for a number of reasons.

1. There is a shutdown button right on the start menu.
2. And if you need to be able to shutdown from abatch file or a program, as burak noted, there is the Microsoft provided, and safe, shutdown.exe command file that can be used from the command line, a batch file, or called from another program.

2015-07-15 16:15:39

It is indeed pointless. Yes, it does run shutdown.exe. The only reason we made this was to see if it could be done in BGT, and now we no it can. Maybe when I make a game, I'll probably do what marvolsoft did in talking typing teacher. Have a few exit options to choose from.

--------------------

2015-07-27 17:21:02

If you don't know how to shut down the computer, here's how, in windows 7:
1. Press windows key to go to start menu.
2. Press right aero once, and go to shutdown split button. s.
3. Press enter, turn off your speakers, turn off your screan, and go to bed. There, no need for programs.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.