2015-07-13 04:57:06 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-13 04:59:17)

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/12/technol … index.html

As some people may know here, I am a huge Nintendo fan, and Nintendo's games are what brought me into my love of programming, and, eventually helped me discover what I love to do - building accessible software. Nintendo's influence from my early age is what helped me become who I am today and inevitably who I will become in the future.

I thought I would take a moment to pay my respects to one of the men who is responsible for helping me become who I am today. Mr. Iwata died after battling a growth his bile duct. I'm not sure of the influence that he may have had on your lives but he has influenced millions such as myself.

Rest in peace, Mr.Iwata. You will be missed.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-07-13 05:31:57 (edited by CritterPup 2015-07-13 09:33:47)

That's truly horrible. I've grown up on Nintendo myself, the WII was a huge part of my childhood. Now I haven't played many of the older games and I've leaned away from Nintendo in the past few years but I know how big Nintendo is and the man that started it was one of the most successful men alive. He will be missed.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.
Discord: CritterPup
RPG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/QQcHS3Gk

2015-07-13 06:04:55

Game consoles didn't exist until I was somewhere between 25 and 30 years old, so Nintendo didn't have that much of an influence in my life.

But of all the game consoles out there, I liked the Wii the best, mainly because you were expected to get up and move, instead of sitting on your butt, to play your games.

I just heard about his death a few minutes ago while on Zophar's Domain looking for a game soundtrack.

Rest in Peace and condolences, thoughts, and prayers to family and friends.

2015-07-13 08:07:07

In my opinion he has been just the beginner of this technology we see in games nowadays.

Rest in peace.

2015-07-13 09:33:38

Much as I  often curse Nintendo for not making games I can play on the snes anymore, I can't deny the affect that Metroid or  mega man or street fighter has had on me, heck my  snes is still setup and in full working order.

So yes, I'm sorry to here this and I hope that Iwata san will find peace wherever he is now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-07-13 14:51:25

Hello,
That is sad. I remember being introduced to Marrio at a very young age, on the gameboy of all things. Then it was Tetris, two games with some of the most memorable music tunes. Even though the game boy mario themes weren't the original that you hear on the nes, they were, or rather are, still awesome.

2015-07-13 17:16:50

Well I've owned 3 NES systems, a gameboy, gameboy advance, a SNES, a N64, and a wii. I've enjoyed all of these consoles. So R.I.P Mr. Iwata

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-07-14 01:06:21

It is very sad news. I also am a fan of Nintendo, may the man rest in peace.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-07-14 16:40:31

Well, I really didn't have much Nintendo experience. I'd have to say, the first game I played was super mario 64, when I was 3 years old. Of course, I had trouble playing it because I began blind at 2 and a half years old. But it was still fun. Rest in peace.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).