2015-07-03 09:28:21

hello gamers

if most of you haven't heard the anime fighter blaze blue has finally made its way onto the next gen systems. if any has the game whats your thoughts? if you have any strategies, tips, combos, or questions post them here

me personally I love the game, knowing where you are on the screen at all times can get a bit tricky but its a fast pace game full of button mashing combos very different from mkx. definitely I would recommend to pick up the title. and if you are a brand new player to the blaze blue franchise no worries, it has an assessable yes I did say assessable turtorial that will teach you everything about the game from the basics to more advanced techniques

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-07-03 10:00:20

is it blazblue: chrono phantasma extend?
it's really cool, but I don't have it right now, because I don't have any console for it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-07-03 20:33:39

Hello,
I hope this version will come to PC soon. They recently released Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend on steam, which is really cool, lots of story content, but Chronophantasma has a much easier and logical menu system.

2015-07-03 23:46:48

Chrono phantasma also have more story mode, also in this game there is a mode called teach me more, ms lichi. It's basicly a movie in which tao koka study about the blazblue universe, from calamity trigger to chrono phantasma, also there is a library mode, but it's only in the japanese version of the game.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-07-04 07:50:23

Haven't bought extend for my own ps4, not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the ps3 version that I already have. Especially since ps4 games are so bloody expensive! Street fighter V which I preordered is already sitting at $70, and I also want to get J-stars which is the same price. sigh. At least the SF V public beta comes out in a little over two weeks!

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-07-04 11:16:32

j-stars hmmm haven't heard of that one ill try and look up some info and gameplay on it

and yes blazblue extent is the one I am speaking of

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-07-04 11:48:56

Hi.
Wow thanks for sharing. I'll get this one since I don't have it for ps3. Can you tell me how to access the tutorial mode. I have the first blazblue game for ps3, which I find difficult to navigate, especially the menus which I've messed up multiple times. So I hope I'll have more succes with this one. I especially look forward to try the accessible tutorial mode, and I hope this game have lots of story.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-07-05 21:48:30

So after doing a bit of the tutorial, which is quite awesome in Chronp Phantasma, I was disappointed to find out that in the story menu options, you have the Chromo Phantasma story, the Teach me! Ms. Lichi option, and then another option that brings up stuff to read. I'm guessing these are story recaps for the previous games. I have a friend who hasn't played Blazblue since Calamity Trigger, and hasn't beaten CT on his older PS3. In CS Extend, they actually had an abridged hour long story segment that featured the major events of CT so you had an idea of what is going on. I believe that the "Teach Me" content was designed if you've played the previous games before and need a refresher, are interested in learning about the background information on the universe, or you like the humor that it provides, particularly in this version since it's not just Tau and Lichi anymore. If you view the CT one, for instance, which is the first in the submenu, the segment features every character in that game. Announced for this version is eight new gag reels, humorous segments that branch away from the main story. They take jabs at everything from the relationships between BB characters, Anime tropes, and even the game itself at some points lol. Not to mention two new story scenarios altogether adds a bunch of new story stuff. I wonder if there is a Teach Me segment on the events of ChronoPhantasma itself. I think there are only segments for Bullet and Asrial.
I suppose I'll have to tell my friend to play through the "Teach Me" content if that's the only way to learn about he previous games without reading the recaps. I'm still not 100 percent sure if that third menu option is the recaps though. For those who are unaware, Blazblue CP, and now Extend's menus are organized in columns. In the first column is training, which has Tutorial, training and I believe the third option is combo trials. The second column, is story which contains everything related to story content. Navigate to each column with left and right on your dPad, and of course navigating virticle gives you just that column only.
Hope this helps. I just wish we could play through the abridged CT and CS, because the Anime abridges it way too much so that you'd play the game.

2015-07-06 07:06:33

Hmm... sounds interesting. Thanks Orin for the informative post! I might just pick it up... but am still not sure as I have the ps3 version already and not certain if it's worth the upgrade or not.

2015-07-06 08:03:30

orin, the third option in the story mode is library, which is only exclusive to the japanese version of the game.

2015-07-06 08:16:50

Thanks lots Orin.
So, is the story voiced or is it text only?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-07-06 08:36:51

The story is voiced, though there probably will be speech bubbles similar to colamity trigger that are text only. I'm not entirely sure, since I haven't played through the whole thing.

2015-07-06 13:30:27

Hello,
In continuum shift extend at least, you can press triangle to auto scroll. I don't know if this made it into Chronophantasma. How this seems to work is it will autoscroll the voiced sections, but when you reach the text bubbles you have to keep tapping x to get past them, luckily it doesn't move every time you tap, there's a slight delay so that when a character starts speaking you won't miss anything and can autoscroll again.

2015-07-06 17:15:17

It's a feature that did cary over, thankfully. I'm not a big fan of the talking heads style of story mode in fighting games especially with blazblue and other arc system works titles that have so much dialog and characters all trying to spill their guts. lol

2015-07-07 05:25:07

I have the American version as purchased in the US PSN store. Apparently I have library mode, so... Not sure about the exclusive thing.

Continuum Shift has a few text bubbles. ChronoPhantasma has... none. There's a few in the tutorials, but in the story there is none. If characters stop talking, it means you have a choice to select. First choice continues the story, the second choice, no matter where you are in the story, leads to one of about fifteen Gag Reels, not sure where the eight new ones are.
I have the PS3 version and I think it's worth it due to the Vita exclusive story, the new story scenario Remix Heart and avoiding the purchase of Cocoon as a DLC character. Celina is also playable.

2015-07-07 05:51:49

I mean the japanese exclusive is in the original blazblue: CP, not extend.