2015-05-31 15:18:42

Hi again, everyone!

When I first got BGT, I downloaded the Orchestral Pack on the Blastbay site, and loved it. The thing is, there are only twenty loops. I doubt very much that I'll have twenty areas or less, and at least two of those loops are better suited to battle encounters.

I have looked at royalty-free music and sounds, mostly on Sound Dogs, and the prices make me whine piteously because they cost so much and the Aussie dollar is weaker than the US dollar so they're even more expensive for me. I'm not saying I won't ever buy royalty-free things, because I at least need good-quality and legally acquired sounds for my future game and I know I'll have to invest in sound libraries and very likely music loops as well. However, if there is anyone in this community who is willing to put a few pieces together for me, my inbox is open, or you could simply respond to this thread.

I don't expect anyone to have access to an orchestra, but I do know that certain brands of electronic keyboards produce extremely realistic sounds for many instruments. I have a Casio keyboard myself, but I don't have a midi cable and I don't much like most of the instruments in its banks anyway. They sound fake. I know Yamaha's keyboard voices are sublime, but I don't have one of those beautiful machines. Even if I did, I know my keyboard-playing skills are minimal at best. I never mastered the smooth transition and although I know what sounds right to my ears, when I play it it gets choppy if I make it too complex. sad

So if anyone can help me out by making some music loops, please contact me. I won't specify anything beyond it at least sounding orchestral at this point—my game is a fantasy one and electronic-sounding music would not suit it at all, which is why I've been finding it so darned hard to find what I need on sites like Opsound.

2015-05-31 17:50:05

I expect there to be plenty of people around here who can help, but just in case... have you tried the Creative Commons? Searching that site can be kinda tedious, but IIRC they do have a decent variety of music.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-05-31 18:27:27

I might try that. I at least know what that term means by now, what with all the sites I've looked at.

Could I have a link? I know about the license but I didn't know there was an actual site with music on it.

2015-05-31 19:04:46

Hm, this isn't the site I remember the last time I looked for it, but it has quite a few links:
http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos

Some more specific pages:
http://freemusicarchive.org/tag/orchestral/ (I'm not really sure how to use that one... I think you'd have to check these by artist/album.)
http://opengameart.org/content/orchestr … tasy-music
I think this is Stephen O'Bryan's sound cloud, which is all under CC-attribution

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-06-01 14:57:45

Thank you so much! The Open Game Art link has been the most fruitful thus far, but I may not use some of the things I downloaded. Some pieces are pretty and I can see (or rather, hear) them fitting in somewhere, but at the same time, I might find other tracks that suit my plans better (or have them made for me. That's possible too). There was one music pack I tried to download, but it kept stopping after a few MB and never got more than a third of the way through the download despite my internet connection being fine. This was a real shame, as I had downloaded some of the creator's other music and loved it, and really wanted that ZIP folder! sad  My browser's never done that with ZIP folders before and I tried downloading another from the same site which succeeded.

I'm still keeping my options open. Thank you for the help you've given so far, CAE!

2015-06-01 19:33:25

I'm glad to help! smile

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-06-14 09:07:33

So I may be asking a question that may be already answered here. But I want three small pieces of music for my project I'm working on. one for winning, one for losing, and one to represent a draw which can be used if the player presses escape to abort a game.
So for three examples:
1. You win the game.
A. The announcers says: "Player has one the game."
B. Someone says: "Yeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaea!!!"
C. You hear the crowd cheering and the winning music plays a happy melody.
2. You lose the game.
A. Announcer says: "Player has lost the game."
B. Someone says: "Booooooooooooooooooooo..."
C. You hear the crowd booing and the losing music plays a sad melody.
3. You press escape to abort the game and return to the main menu.
A. The announcer says: "Player has aborted the game."
B. Someone says: "OK. Whatever. Bye."
C. You hear generic crowd ambiance fade in and out and some generic music plays to represent neither winning or losing.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2015-07-03 13:26:14

Hi. If you want, i can try to make something. Send me a pm if you are intrested