2015-06-26 22:22:46

For playing audio games, I understand that using headphones is recommended, so I'm looking for a suitable pair.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of bone conduction headphones for use with a GPS app design specifically to help blind people get around. If possible, I'd rather get just one set of headphones I can use for anything, rather than getting one pair for use with the GPS app and another pair for game playing, and another for listening to music, and so on So, I'm wondering, has anyone tried using bone conduction headphones for playing audio games? Does it work or is the a type, brand, or model that works best for game playing?

Thankls for any input you can offer..

2015-06-26 23:34:45

I can understand why you want to get just one set, but you may find that this will not be the best option. The bone conduction, from what I can tell, will be good for GPS. On the other hand, if you get a hetset that sound good with music, you will find that they will most likely be good for audio games. You will find that you can not have both. The bone conduction is good when you want to hear a peace of audio, but hearing your surroundings is a must too. These headsets do not have the best audio out there seeing that anything you hear through them has to compete with your surroundings. A good headset may block out the surroundings and focus in on producing as good audio as it can. I also suggests that you try out different sets if you can. I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pro for listening to music and the like on. They have surved me pretty well. I picked them up a little over a year ago. I picked up the after shokz blues 2 around october and they sort of broke in november. I didn't get around to attempting filling out the year long protection thing until it was to late per say. Not seeing all the printed things on the head set that I needed to see had a part to play in to it. I really couldn't any one to read through some of the stuff until last January or February. HTH.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-06-27 00:36:58 (edited by Figment 2015-06-27 00:39:09)

I kind of expected that, hoping I was wrong and that bone conduction headphones would work, I had to ask.

So, I ordered these for music and games:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F54Y6G … ref=plSrch

I was looking at those After Shokz, but from what you've already discovered, I found a number of reviews that said they were rather fragile and broke easily. So I got these for GPS use, they had a higher customer rating than the After Shokz did:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5M … dp_summary

2015-06-27 11:57:45

I hope you enjoy what you bought. I might be talked in to buying another bone conduction headphone thing, once I am convensed that they work.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-06-29 20:07:59

@cw;

So far, I haven't been too successful with the bone conducting headphones. First off, in my hands they feel well built and durable, they don't give me any impression of being fragile. But their use isn't intuitive, so far I have not been able to get them to pair up with anything, however; I suspect that that is more me not doing it right, rather than a defect with the headphones. The instructions that come with it are apparently mostly pictures or drawings with captions, because all I get when I scan them is fragments. The web site (http://www.ruidien.com) was even worse, it was totally inaccessible.

My brother will be coming over to help me figure these things out. Normally I would just return them with the comment that the manufacturer needs to consider that some of their customers may be people with disabilities and that they need to make their products accessible to those customers, but after a long search, these headphones seem to be one of, if not the, best ones available, they had the highest customer rating, other than those with only one or two reviews.

I'll let you know what I think of them after I've figured them out.

2015-06-30 18:05:44

When I used the aftershokz, I found that the main good thing about them was that the user guide was accessible to the point where you can find all the buttons and follow quite well. Of cource there is the audio promps. Of cource, that was the good side to them. LOL. To some up, the main good thing I can think of is that the accessible directions was easy enough to follow with the audio promps.

DropBox Referral

2015-07-01 00:48:09

Hi all,
The kind of headphones used to play audio games, or listen to audio in general matters to me a lot. I've been using a Logitech h800 wireless headset for the last seven months and for many things it works great. For chatting on TeamTalk, TeamSpeak, or Skype, it is one of the best headsets I've used. The microphone quality is crystal clear and very few people complain about my audio. The headset is also very comfortable to wear and lasts for almost a full day on a charge.
However, here is the big issue with it; games simply don't sound very good with it, neither does music. When comparing it side-by-side with my beats solo HD headphones, it clearly sounds much more compressed. I also have Sennheiser earbuds, which sound far better than the h800. However, wearing earbuds for hours can be uncomfortable. So, I think I'm going to get a gaming headset, like the G930, or the Gamecomm 788.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2015-07-01 03:09:11

@rtr_assin;

Did you mean gamecomm 388? I did a search on Amazon for the 788 but could only find either the 780 or 388. Those look nice, but I think my Dell Latitude D830 only supports stereo sound., though maybe wireless or USB headphones could change that, especially the USB headphones as they could have their own sound card built-in.

2015-07-01 10:23:45

Hello,
I own a pare of creative hs-390 headpones, with two plugs, one ofr the headset and one for he mic. I like these because you can hear what's happening around you, as they don't cover the ear, just sort of sit on top of it.
However, I've experienced quite possibly one of the strangest issues ever. So, the other day I ordered a new pair of these, because well, my old pair was dying. Low and behold, they arrive, but then when I went on Teamtalk, people said the microphone sounded different. Interestingly, I had a test of it, and, well, I odn't really know what's happened. Could it actually be that even though they are the same model, as it's getting odler and they want to make it cheaper, could creative be using slightly different, and cheaper, microphone components?

2015-07-01 19:08:23 (edited by Figment 2015-07-01 19:10:06)

aaron wrote:

Could it actually be that even though they are the same model, as it's getting odler and they want to make it cheaper, could creative be using slightly different, and cheaper, microphone components?

Yes they could. I've found that just because they looke like the same high quality product you thought they were on the outside, it doesn't mean they used the same high quality parts on the inside, you could easily open up both headphones and find the new ones are made from cheap crappy components.

2015-07-02 05:21:58 (edited by RTR_Assassin 2015-07-02 06:16:22)

Hi Gene,
The model I was referring to is the Plantronics Gamecomm 788, which you can find at Best Buy. Amazon may not have this specific model, so that might explain why you weren't able to find it.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2015-07-02 07:23:16

I received a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre a few years back and I still have them. I use them for both gaming and music and I use them almost all the time and they are still in nearly perfect condition.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2015-07-02 20:03:21

@RTR_Assassin,

Have you noticed audio using the micro-nano receiver instead of Bluetooth on a PC renders the audio with some distortion?  It mostly occurs with streaming audio rather than just Jaws, but I've noticed that in the past.

Best Regards,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2015-07-03 07:03:14 (edited by turtlepower17 2015-07-03 07:05:15)

At RTR Assassin,
If you get the G930, make sure you download the updated firmware. I have the G430, which is the wired version of that headset. When I received it, people were complaining that my audio was cutting out whenever I spoke on Skype. It turns out that this had been a known issue that Logitech took a long time to fix. But there is firmware now that fixes the problem. I believe I read that the firmware update applies to the G930 as well as the G430, so just be aware of that if you decide to get it.
I'm told now that my audio sounds great, and, with the firmware update, there is a noise cancellation checkbox that you can disable, located in the enhancements tab in your recording properties for the device.
Other than that, I love this headset for both gaming and music. The bass response is excellent, and it's very clear.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-07-03 12:26:40

Hmmm. I wonder if I made a mistake, when I went shopping for headphones, I completely forgot about gaming headphones. Well, I got my headphones from Amazon, I can always return them if I'm not happy with them.

I got the over the ear headphone I plan to use for music and games. They are nice and comfortable, but they needed charging, so I have to wait for them to charge before I can try them out.