2015-05-07 21:31:23

hi all. I had such question when using the class extendedmenu.bgt. Prompt please how to establish for use of screen reader? I long looked for as to make it, but found nothing. In standard dynamic_menu.bgt there is set_speech_mode, and here isn't present.

2015-05-07 21:33:34

I apologize for the English. I use the translator to write.

2015-05-08 00:06:18

Why not just copy the set_speech_mode method directly from the dynamic_menu include class?
All it does is that it takesone argument, an integer. It checks if that integer is less than5 because there are only 4 supported screen readers and 0 is Sapi. So, if the argument is less than 5, it sets the internal output variable to that.
Idon'tknow if the extended menu class supports speaking through screen readers and it only lacks the means to actually set the output, or if it is not able tospeak through ascreen reader at all.
In that case, you would also need to modify the run_extended method accordingly so that it would also be able to distinguish between audio and TTS items.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-06-30 11:10:12

Lukas, could you give me extended menu where there is already the ability to work with screen_reader?

2015-06-30 21:27:14

what's this extended menu

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-07-01 00:43:06

don't use that thing. It's really old.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-07-01 13:38:27

what to use in this case? I want to do that in my game it was a nice menu with sounds.

2015-07-01 16:42:12

m_pro, menu_x, aaron's dynamic_menu_enhanced, or just write your own callback

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.