2015-06-15 05:22:28

Hey all. In this topic, I thought it'd be cool to take superheroes/villains, video game characters and other popular characters from whatever universe and give one's opinion on who might win. I'll start.
Combatant 1: Ultron, Adamantium form
Combatant 2: Optimus Prime
While Ultron in his adamantium form is a force to be reckoned with, Optimus Prime has taken down such foes as Megatron, several times, Sentinel Prime and The Fallen as well as powerful bounty hunter Lockdown. Ultron has taken on the entire Avengers team and lived, and I'm pretty sure he could rival Thanos in his power. He has the advantage of being able to transfer his AI to whatever electronic device he has access too which is basically any electronic connected to the internet or with a memory unit. While Optimus Prime is very powerful, I feel like Ultron would win. Even if Optimus Prime's Energon blade was able to pierce Ultron's shell, Ultron could always transfer himself to whatever unit he wanted and come back to beat Optimus Prime into submission.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.
Discord: CritterPup
RPG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/QQcHS3Gk

2015-06-15 13:46:48

Sorry but anyone who has seen the propper optimus prime in the 1986 original transformers film knows that he can come back from anything, even being blasted to death by leonard nemoy.

No rock chucking villain is going to defeat him because Optimus prime is just plane awsome! big_smile.

Hell I got the idea from age of ultron that Ultron wasn't exactly the world's brightest villain, for a start trying to crush earth by using massive amounts of power to create his own asteroid, rather than you know going all Y2K  nightmare given he could potentially control the internet, indeed if Ultron had used his powers in a correct way he could've done a skynet, rather than going will the hole robot boddies thing, as compared to prime who has been  a successful general in a war going back several million years, and who has the matrix of leadership to draw on all the wisdom of past autobot leaders to inform his decisions.

So, my money is all on prime big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-15 14:33:52

Hello,
An interesting one. But, couldn't ultron technically transfer his AI to prime? Now that would actually be pretty scary if that happened. I actually don't know who would win this one, but if Prime knew what was coming he might be able to find a way to shut ultron down, but if he went in unprepared... yep, prime's going to become scrap if that happened, besides, I don't think Prime will be unprepaired, he's rather wize to be honest which could make him stronger in the end.

2015-06-15 18:50:54

Prime does have one potentially fatal flaw... He allows himself to be beaten down before coming back to finish off his opponent. With Ultron, he can't exactly do that. He could let one body beat him down then kill it but then there's allways the other tobotic forms of Ultron. Unless Prime has a way of transferring Ultron to an isolated data grid, I think that Ultron would win.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2015-06-17 04:51:21

how about Hulk versus Superman?

2015-06-19 05:53:43

I would vote for hulk, though superman has that crappy tech stuff and so on. Hulk can heal faster and hit faster as well.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-06-20 18:34:49

how about Naruto Uzumocki verses Batman. I could just imagine batterangs and shuriken flying everywhere. This conversation makes me want to play Mugen again lol beat up whoever you want, with whoever you want.

2015-06-22 04:20:24

I thought this one interesting... Batman versus Iron Man. I'd pick Iron Man because even though Batman may be one of the smartest humans alive, he's no match for the walking tank that is Iron Man.

2015-06-23 21:47:02 (edited by Shadowcat 2015-06-23 21:47:26)

then why not put iron man up against lex luthor instead? lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-06-24 02:23:07

Oh yeah I saw that. Iron Man whooped ass.

2015-06-24 10:29:33

What about kurosaki ichigo and megaman. Sounds kinda funny though. A soul reaper with zanpakutou battling a repploid with no soul, roflrofl

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-06-24 16:43:04

I thought it'd be cool to do like Baraka versus Ryu

2015-06-24 17:55:40

lol yeah, and liu kang verses chun lee, or ken verses raiden.
Let's make it weirder, what about lord raiden verses darth veder? Or luke skywalker verses raiden? rofl

2015-06-24 19:08:14

Shang Tsung versus Akuma? Or even Green Lantern versus Starkiller?

2015-06-24 19:49:24

On batman vs Iron man, I have to say one thing people are not taking into account is brains always beats brawn. Batman probably wouldn't even confront Ironman directly, he'd likely go back to the bat cave and program a computer virus that would shut down Iron Man's armor leaving him a big fat target, or maybe lure iron man into the path of a big fat magnet.

On some of these other ones, an interesting fact about Ryu is when he was statted for the ultimate fighters combat system dragonpunch had the very silly ability to counter anything! So, ryu gets stabbed? Dragon punch! tank fires a missile? Dragon punch! some huge bad guy blows up the world, dragon punch! It amused lots of role players. 

If we're just going from the games though, unless melina was waiting in the wings to dagger assassinate anyone who beat up her main squeeze baraka, I have to say I'd give it to Ryu, just on the basis that street fighter wise the only people stronger than ryu are Guki, Gukon, Orro and possibly Jen on the basis that he fought Guki to a stand still.

Raiden vs skywalker, I have to give it to raiden here, just because as witnessed by the end of Return of the jedi, Luke Skywalker is really! crap with lightning, and Raiden is a guy made out of lightning, plus I don't think it'd be hard for someone who can control electricity to counter a light saber pretty easily, I can see it now, Luke activates, raiden holds up a hand and vsssssst, the blade goes away, vssssd, vsssssd! it would be quite funny.

Darth Vader would have more chance, though it'd still be a struggle sinse he'd not be able to use lightning, or the choke!

On Mega man, technically Mega man is not a repploid. Repploids were a race of robots created after Mega man x a hundred years after Mega man, and like X they had the ability to think for themselves and feel emotions as humans, which original mega man doesn't.
Original Mega man therefore doesn't have a soul, however arguably x might, indeed in the  Zero series you see that X vacates his body and uses it to seal a powerful destructive force  called the dark elf, yet is still around in data form as a cyber elf (no I did not make cyber elves up, they occur in the zero games).

So, maybe cyber elf x is actually x's soul, I'm not sure, though it amusingly does look sort of like X as an angel  big_smile.

One I would like to see is  the liquid metal T1000 vs magnito! one is formed of liquid metal and can reform himself, the other can manipulate metal!

I think it'd go with the terminator being bounced around like silly putty by magnito and yet magnito couldn't actually do him any damage, it'd be funny either way!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-25 02:12:59

lol about the terminator, would be funny that way. Hmm, what about darth cidious and raiden? The match could be kind of fierce.:)
Oo, what about this, king kong or godzilla vs hulk?

2015-06-25 04:22:29

What about Black Widow, who is super attractive by the way, versus Catwoman? Or even Wondergirl versus Ms. Marvel?

2015-06-25 07:06:08

I vote for widow though, heh. Hmm, what about thing or mr fantastic vs hulk. Ah no, hulk vs doom should be better

2015-06-25 07:21:24

Shao Khan vs Darkseid?

2015-06-25 09:06:49

lol would be kinda fun. oh imagine lee from enter the dragon verses ryu or ken.:)

2015-06-25 09:35:27

Oooooh Goro versus Doctor Octopus?

2015-06-25 10:17:47

the funny thing is, Lee kind of already is in street fighter anyway, or at least Fai Long is so blatantly Bruce Lee it's quite funny, being a hong kong action film star devoted to his master who's renowned for flashy moves and comboes, they even gave him the signature rising kick, and he uses nunchucks when he wins though only for posing value, so that one has kind of happened already big_smile.

There's actually a very cool fight in the Sf 2 anime (the actual film not the less good tv series), where Ryu  fights Fai Long. Ryu finishees by decking Fai Long, then Fai long counters with his rising dragon kick, but Ryu knocks him out of the air with a cyclone kick, it's a quite fun battle.

As regards other battels Goro vs Dock octipus I'd just have to give it to Goro here, just for the flattening power if nothing else sinse Goro is waaaaaay heavier than octipus. Raiden vs sidius I don't really see as that different from Raiden vs vader, Sidius would need to depend heavily on his debris chucking in order to win, which wouldn't be that useful against a teleporting opponent.

One fight which would be pretty cool would be storm vs raiden, sinse I'm genuinely not sure who would end up winning that one or how much of the surrounding country side would be left afterwards, then again, Raiden makes fewer dramatic speeches than storm so he'd probably be able to floor her while she was busy saying something corny  big_smile.

2015-06-25 10:25:47

I seriously think that Hulk versus Doomsday would be great. I think Hulk would win because he's as powerful  as his anger is. Doomsday however is just a brute designed to kill Superman and his weapons really only are made for Kryptonians

2015-06-25 12:59:51

lol dark, your theory does make sense.:dWhat about uchiha sasuke vs  ichigo, or at least naruto vs ichigo.:)
Oh god, I'm crazy.

2015-06-25 21:35:44

Captain America versus Link?