2015-06-08 16:42:20

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone still had the installer laying around for the Active Sound-scape Engine? I had purchased it a few days before the X-sight website was scheduled to sease existing, but both websites conveniently stopped working before I could install it. Hmm. I actually believe I already had the demo version, but the problem was that i could not access the ASE website for the online manual on how to use it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2015-06-09 01:48:34

I could sware I had a copy of the setup and manual somewhere, but after checking they're nowhere to be found.
Have you tried archive.org?

2015-06-12 13:22:57 (edited by soundworx 2015-06-12 14:09:33)

I have both the setup and the patch.

ASE

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 … -Setup.exe

ASE Patch
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 … -Patch.exe

2015-06-13 00:47:12

Thanks @Soundworks & @John. I had tried the wayback machine a long time ago, but unfortunately the ASE website was never archived during its period of life. This is quite sad really, because I would love to create my own soundscapes. Of course, I suppose an easier method of this would be to create my own Sound Scape Engine, but why should I bother when it's already been done for me? tongue Besides, I wouldn't be able to implement context menu support and file association, unless this sort of business is handled within a program's installation. I appreciate the uploading of the files. smile

2015-06-13 01:58:51

how would I activate this again, I don't have my registration info for ase anymore

2015-06-13 04:54:03

yep, how to activate this thingy, and what is it?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-06-13 05:38:39

well, sorry, but what's Sound-scape Engine? ? and what does it do?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2015-06-13 15:50:20

Sadly I never bought this thing, but it's supposed to make your own soundscapes with an accessible environment.

2015-06-13 21:42:15

This program allows you to create your own sound scape environments. I believe it offers a simple scripting language, but since the website is no longer and cannot be reviewed even by means of the Wayback machine, I guess we will not know for some time. The program offers fifteen (I think) example environments for you to try including a haunted house, a firework display, an arcade, a bowling alley, and quite a few others. Since my main intent with the program was to create my own sound scapes, I have given up for the time being and have started creating my own sound scape engine against my better judgement. It's actually turning out to work better than I thought it would. smile As for registering the program, one would need to have purchased registration information from the ASE website. Seeing as though this can no longer be done, there isn't a lot that can ... well ... be done.

2015-06-14 06:14:20

damn, and I wanted to activate it, and I cant rebuy it anymore

2015-06-14 13:36:53

Oh shit. Now this is not good.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-06-15 01:54:52

Hello everyone.
Okay, so when I saw this topic I began searching everywhere for my license key.
After a hard search, I found it, but there is an other problem.
It's that I remember he made a documentation for the program so you can make your own SoundScapes.
I remember at that time that it was on the ase website, and I think I don't
have any copies of the file, I'll search for it though because I remember I read it.
I don't remember if I downloaded the documentation file though.
Regards.

2015-06-17 04:24:16

any news as to the scripting docs for ase?

devin

2015-06-17 16:39:42

Um, can this be declared truly abandonware? He freewared x-wheel, but said nothing about the active soundscacpe engine.

2015-06-17 18:08:16 (edited by burak 2015-06-17 18:08:35)

Yes, I think it fits into the description of abandonware, since the company closed down and no more keys or support  is being offered.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-06-17 20:19:41

Doesn't necessarily mean Damien just ditched the project entirely. He has not completely dropped copyright on it just yet. As far as I know, according to copyright law: Note the info I have came from music copyright, but this may apply to software as well so I'll adapt it a bit. That copyright is not dropped unless 1, the company has officially made the project public domain, or or 2, it has been 70 years sense the company's closure yet they never officially dropped everything hmm who may that remind me of? Bavisoft?* Wasn't seventy years, but it sure seems like it.
lol
But until Damien officially declares this thing abandoned, it ain't completely abandoned just yet.

2015-06-17 20:40:07

Well, why should we wait for it? He's not even willing to make a declaration.

2015-06-18 02:16:10 (edited by Ethin 2015-06-18 02:17:13)

@16, if no one makes a declaration of abandonware, then it is considered abandonware. If the company shuts down and closes their doors, then it should be considered so because they are not making such declarations. Also, how do I install the patch? I've ran the setup program for it, but it still gives me the evaluation notice when I run it and use sound scapes.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-06-18 02:43:36

That patch is just an update bugfix, nothin more.

2015-06-18 05:47:09

well, I don't have the license. thus, I'm not going to mess with it. smile till I heard that it'll abandanware. then I will touch it.

2015-06-19 03:44:22

Hi, could someone please re upload this program and the patch? I'd like to check it out. thx.

2015-06-19 05:34:59

How do you get between full version and the free version? I mean, what's the differents between the free and the full one?

Thanks

2015-06-19 06:13:29

No time limit for the full one, and you can compile your soundscapes with the full one

2015-06-19 08:48:26

What's interesting is that you can't learn how to code on it, so it's probably worthless. I have tried opening the ace files in notepad but it made the program unresponcive. Probably because it's the compiled version. Why do you compile such things if you want to give an example, I never understand.

2015-06-20 16:18:45

So... um... is this thing just like a program where you code in affects, sounds and such to make environments? If it's all that trouble to get it and the documentation...
I think I'll stick with gold wave. It seems it can do just as much. Unless, of course, what's been said on this topic (i've read every post) doesn't disclose the entire purpose.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support