2015-06-18 04:40:29

just downloaded the demo for smuggler's 5 and my JAWS does not recognize it.............
anyone have the same problem?
maybe just a demo bug? now I'm afraid if I buy the games it will not work ugh

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2015-06-18 11:12:36

Well I can see if you just read that announcement, however this what we have a database on the site for.

First, as to big bugs, not to my knolidge. There used to be a "cannot make a visible window modal" bug but that got some fixes in the last version and is being hunted down when it occurs, (read the changelog).

Second, both S5 Secession and Invasion are still being maintained,  although both are pretty much finished versions anyway and the  more recent updates have been things like the S5 Invasion dlc.

Unfortunately, only the smugglers series is accessible thus far. There was a campaign to make empires and dungeons 2 accessible but it fell through, though I don't think the campaign was handled in the best way either.

On the plus side, as I said in the other topic  there is a lot in terms of the smugglers series. S5 Secession is the first game to try and what the demo is of. Invasion is an alternate version to Secession with a different storyline and different factions. There are then the two dlc's, which provide background stories for the games, and then! you can buy the "we love smugglers" bundle for I believe just an additional 5 usd when you buy the game, which will get you smugglers 1, 3 and 4.

two is annoyingly inaccessible due to unlabeled images, and though 4 is essentially a cut down version of 5, 3 and 1 are very different games, (it was s3 that started this hole thing).

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-18 21:52:00

how do you switch the game to compatibility mode?
jaws is not reading anything when I start the smuggler's 5 demo and waiting for a response from niel....

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2015-06-19 00:52:00

Again, why did you not read the database entry? you need to use the virtual curser (I believe it's the jaws curser), to play the game and click on thingss, including activating the compatibility mode.

I'm told Jaws handles this rather worse than Supernova, windows eyes or Nvda but I can't confirm it, though various people have said they prefer to use nvda rather than jaws.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)