2015-06-05 09:47:13

http://www.werealive.com/uncategorized/ … r-is-live/
Almost at 50%, and we're just a few days into it. smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2015-06-05 15:49:03

I've been wondering what has been going on with We're Alive, so good to know. I'm also pleased to say that while it was a pain thanks to their silly flash controls, I was able to get my Kickstarter account working so have chucked in 40 usd (enough for the full thing and digital soundtrack), which is also good sinse it will mean hopefully the next time something back worthy shows up on Kickstarter I'll be able to back it too.

Btw, any news of a complete we're alive on sale? I wouldn't mind paying for the hole thing if it came with extras, and if I can have it in a standard mp3 medium and not a silly locked format like Audible that I'll need to sign up for accounts and use their silly software (and then probably wind up hacking so I can play it as and when I wish anyway).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-05 17:10:22

I know the fourth season's on sale, but haven't bought it yet though... I don't have too much Money to throw around at the moment, but I found this campaign worth helping. I gave $25 myself, I might be able to give more, not entirely sure... Hehe.
I suggest you take a look around on their webside though, there might be some sort of solution for you. I always bought the seasons on physical discs and just ripped them afterwards so I'd also have them in a digital format.

2015-06-05 20:34:29

Getting the physical cds and ripping them is tempting, although i don't even do that with Dr. Who. I might if they did all four seasons in a nice presentation set with some extras.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-05 22:51:15

I know the finale pack had a Little extras in it, three pieces of music if I remember correctly... I don't think the remastered seasons contain anything extra though, other than the few corrections they've made to them during the remastering.

2015-06-05 23:42:18

I did get the music with the finale pack digitally.

I would possibly get the full cd set of all four seasons if they did them in a single box without the extras, but getting four sets of cds is a bit much although if there is no alternative that is what I may end up doing.

2015-06-05 23:49:59

Yeah, not sure if they're doing a box set... At least they haven't yet, but WHO knows, might happen in the future. Each season is only about two centimetres thick, so it's not too much Space it'll take up... ^^

And here's the current status, just because... It seems to be going good so far. big_smile

471 backers
$24,975 pledged of $50,000 goal
25 days to go

2015-06-06 07:32:19

I do find it annoying that I don't actually  want the physical cds but that is the only way to get them in a reasonable form that won't take proprietory rehacking, though as I said I will consider that. I  probably wouldn't normally but We're alive is just such a good series over all it'd be nice to have a higher quality recording and one without all the annoying adds.

2015-06-06 16:31:02

Looks like you can get digital versions from Audible, Amazon and iTunes... I don't know if all the seasons are there though... You could always try to contact them about it though I guess.

And the kickstarter's over 50% now! Woohoo!
52% funded
$26,200 pledged
25 days to go

As someone said on their forum though, most of the fans have probably backed by now, so it's now a question of sharing the knowledge as much as possible. Hehe.

2015-06-06 17:24:13

As I said I don't want the stupid proprietory software, so it'd have to be Amazon, though last I checked the amazon  it redirected to audible which is a pain, so it might have to be the physical cds after all.

I really don't know why they don't just sell the remastered version properly the way they did the finale rather thing going through these stupid redistributors.

2015-06-08 02:49:36

It looks like we're alive is a podcast... can't you get it all for free? and does someone have it all in a block?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2015-06-08 07:12:59

@Harrielst, yes, the original We're alive series is indeed a podcast, however the commercial version we're talking about is the remastered version which has better sound quality and also no audio adverts the way the podcast does.

As to downloading the episodes, well there are a lot of them, but the series is certainly worth it, particularly sinse it all does come to a big finale and end in chapter 48 so you know you are getting a complete story. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Btw, it sort of amuses me when people say "Oh I can't download all those individual files?

Back in the day I remember the point when downloading one 3 minute mp3 song would take 15 minutes, and you had! to do them one at a time. I did the entire mega man x 1-6 soundtracks,  which was 250 files and you can imagine how long that took! big_smile.

2015-06-08 13:00:04

Here's the podcast feed for the original We're Alive series:
http://werealive.libsyn.com/rss
We're Not Dead, which was the official fanmade podcast about the show:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WereNotDead?format=xml
And We're Alive FanCast, which kinda took over when WND burned out midway through season four:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WereAliveFancast
Both WND and WAFC are pretty good, I prefer the latter though, it's Family friendly... Not that I really mind WND not being that, but well... I don't know. Both ahve interviews with people involved with the show, so definitely worth a listen.

2015-06-10 18:17:35

I've just donated, and I look very much forward to this, hoping the best...
I also wish we could buy We're alive in one complete box. But that might come in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-06-11 14:00:55 (edited by AlexN94 2015-06-11 14:02:36)

At the moment $28707 of $50000 (57.4%) have been donated by 568 backers with 20 days to go. As someone on WA's forum pointed out, kickstarters tend to explode right as they start, then calm Down for a while, then kinda explode Again near the end. Hehe.
I do hope that they reach the goal though.

2015-06-11 14:07:48

I hope so too, particularly sinse Kickstarter's silly policy of "one month or bust" seems to do for many worthy projects. While I do see the point of a time limit, making it so dam short just seems unreasonable, still We're alive has been dam popular so hopefully it will make it through.

2015-06-12 04:04:12

Hi
This sounds cool and I am looking forward to listening to this.

Gaming is so cool.
Follow me on Twitter @TheBlindGamer2

2015-06-13 05:19:06

Hell yeah!! Above 30k now! big_smile
598 backers
$30,012 pledged of $50,000goal
18 days to go
It's gone up by a few thousand just today... Awesome! big_smile

2015-06-25 22:07:21

Here's yet another update... Remember to follow up on their kickstarter page since there'll most likely be daily updates there... Or so they say...

backers
$41,740
pledged of $50,000goal
days to go

It'll be interesting to see if they can reach the $50K... If not, well, then that's it for WA, sadly...

2015-06-26 12:46:51

I do hope this goes through, it'd be a real shame if not, hopefully they're last few rewards will be able to get the money up.

Why the hell Kickstarter has this ridiculous one month  time limit I don't know!

2015-06-26 14:42:57

I'm actually not sure if it's KickStarter that has that limit or if it's one they put on the project themselves, at least I'm pretty sure that I've seen others having more time... Of course they, KickStarter, could just have a few different options to select from... Either way, my guess is that they, Kc and the rest of the WA Guys,  probably thought one month would be enough to reach the goal... I do hope they're right, would be a real shame if not, especially now that we've reached almost 43K.
I guess we'll find out in a few days. Hehe.

2015-06-26 23:17:35

Nope, Kickstarter are the ones with the limit unfortunately, it's one of the things that always gets me when peoploe post on kickstarter looking for funding for accessible games related stuff, sinse while it's conceivable the Vi community might be able to raise ten thousand dollars in six months, in one there is no chance, heck even audazzle I believe was due to a donation.

Still we'll see, I'll go to the bank on Monday and see if it's possible for me to donate any further cash.

2015-06-27 01:40:24

I see... That kind of sucks, but oh well... And yeah, I raised my original pledge of $25 to $40 too a while back. I'm not sure if I can raise it further though.
It's currently at $43.6K, 86%.
We'll see how it goes. As people have said on WA's forum, the last two days may just explode since it's so near the end and people just want it to happen. We can wish they're right. smile

2015-06-30 21:52:54 (edited by AlexN94 2015-06-30 21:54:36)

UPDATE!
The goal has been reached, just in time!
backers
$50,189
pledged of $50,000goal
hours to go
We can now look forward to 5-6 hours of new WA material... In some months... big_smile
I must say I was starting to doubt whether or not the $50K would be pledged in time, but they were, so yay!

2015-07-01 11:03:57

That's awesome! I was getting a little concerned myself particularly sinse there still seemed to be 3 k to go yesterday.

I also have an amusing plan for one of my rewards, but we'll see how that works out, either way I agree, something very much to look forward to for the future.