2015-05-28 19:40:55

Since the post about Eloquence Speak Window crept up on us, I've taken it upon myself to create skits with it. I will link them as an archive. However, if you follow me on twitter, you get them as soon as they are done. You can follow me @bscross32. Now, the biggest problem is I don't really have sounds to go with them like environmental sounds and the like so if you guys want to enhance them, feel free and link the results as I'm sure they'll be amusing.

I'll warn that these do have swearing and adult content and I will not make skits without swearing and adult content because I don't believe in censorship and moderation of my speech unless it's absolutely necessary, such as on public forums.

Here is the archive:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9f09konlx1j2 … s.zip?dl=0

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-05-31 19:04:17

I've written a little manual, it's in HTML so, open it in a browser. It gives and describes all the tags I know. It can be found here.

End racism
End division
Become united

2015-06-01 00:35:12

Actually, here's a Dropbox link to the manual from grossgang.com, which should cover everything. Note that the voices are listed as Reed, Shelly, Sandy, Grandma, and Grandpa, but Rocko, Glen, Bobby, and Sandy are in there but are not listed in the manual. Here it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqx3ysp0fz9uy … s.zip?dl=0

2015-06-01 05:24:38 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2015-06-01 14:24:37)

Oo, thanks for the manual! Gunna read it and use it well!
And your skits are really nice too, Ironcross. Looking forward to more!
Though I have to ask, how did yo uchange the pitch without the voice sounding, like, er... intermittent? I couldn't make it sing smoothly or anything, the voice seems to pause a bit when you change the pitch but in your skits you seem to be able to change them quite smoothly so I thought I'd ask.
Btw, I think I have some ideas as to how to enhance your skits. I just lack the cricket sound that people use in movies as a sign of comical laughter/confusion...

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-06-01 15:13:27

Right, will try to download them all! I mean, the manual and the skits.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2015-06-01 20:17:35

@ironcross32:
This is a strange but interesting topic to say the least.  However, you fail to mention or provide a download link to the "elocutor" program you refer to in your "little manual".  Could this be rectified?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-06-02 05:27:05

The Elocuter_demo.exe file, as well as the other components needed is in the "Eloquence speak window" topic in this forum. You can download it there, its on the first post.

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-06-02 13:00:16

Ah thanks, this should help a lot.

End racism
End division
Become united

2015-06-02 18:44:33

And, if you want to enter phonemes, you can, and each phoneme, as well as it's context is in one of the chapters, can't remember which chapter it is though, but just as a sneak peak, what you would do is for phonemes, you'd insert a backquote and then the phonemes in question you'd enclose in square brackets `[like this]. There are lots of things covered, from entering phonemes, changing voices and voice parameters, and lots of other things. A thing to note, is that if you want to export as WAV, you must add the .wav extension in the file name, then you must press F5 when you're back in the Elocutor window. If you don't hear anything spoken when you press F5, that means it's processing the text. This shouldn't take long depending on the amount of text that was entered, so that should only take a few seconds to process the text that was sent. I don't know any other keys for stop or Pause, so can't help with that.

2015-06-02 19:10:51

Right, I did get that part, although I mainly use audacity to record from it since it is at least sampled higher than the output wave files. Well, I cannot get the \tags to work, like \Spd=282\ or whatever, which is fine because most tags have annotations which do work.

End racism
End division
Become united

2015-06-02 20:26:41

I understand. I usually use the annotations as well. The manual also covers how to add a word into a dictionary, but you can just use the phonemes to make the synth pronounce words correctly, or pronounce them differently, or even make it pronounce words that it generally can't get right. It may take some time to get it right, I had some trouble getting it to work, but it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. Anything it sees in square brackets it will treat as phonemes, afterwords it will read the text out of the square brackets as normal text. So in theory you could make a car engine sound with Eloquence, which that would be really cool.

2015-06-02 21:07:52

Heh, I already did, using my patented technique, although its a bit... weird, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wo9ucara32en … r.wav?dl=0

End racism
End division
Become united