2015-05-16 18:05:07 (edited by JLove 2015-05-16 18:07:55)

Clarification on mines:  You do not need to jump away immediately on setting them.  The mine will be placed at the next square of whatever direction you're facing, so that means that if you then step once in that direction, you will get hit.  So you can turn left, place a mine, then turn right and continue to proceed normally, or vice versa if you place the mine to your right.  However, moving away is recommended if you hear an enemy approaching the mine, as if you are one square away when it blows, you will also take damage.  One thing I have done on levels is to stand close to the door and allow my other characters to proceed into the area.  As the police start to enter, I will drop a mine and move away, thus killing the police before they can reach my two accomplices.  Then I will move back close to the door and repeat this.  I usually can do it three or four times before the numbers of police are too large to handle.  This buys a little extra time for them on missions before we're overwhelmed with police, and it also keeps them from immediately being distracted from picking up things by incoming police.

2015-05-16 22:00:39

I have to agree with EG on that post of whats said that can discourage others.     but as I actually spoke with one dev I would say same to u,   tune out the negativness and focus on the positives.   I could go on and on about how I feel of a lot of titles but that would be neither hear or there but to dis or put down a title because it doesn't meet your standards and to do it so as it makes others feel as if they got this title that something is wrong with them, is simply uncalled for.   but again, that's neither hear or there.     by the way, i'm still lookin for the answer to qn if anyone knows.   how do u make the players talk?   thanks.

2015-05-17 12:11:53

Hello,
Agred, I purchased this title to help support the devs in the hopes they might make some more software or games sometime in the future. As I've said before, but I will say it again, I actually do like this game for what it is, and have enjoyed it.

2015-05-20 15:43:42

If you mean the random lines, something like the police or the gangsters at the casion use, then I think the character that you are controlling during the given mission can never talk, but your other gang members can. You can either hear them talking to the other characters in the stage as they are moving and fighting nnear you, or if you already have the ability to send people on missions without controlling them, you can often hear the character whose point of view you chose to observe the game from.
That's about it, I guess, if I understood your question correctly.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-05-20 22:36:10

That would be a good suggestion to add to the official list, if it hasn't been sent yet. I think it would be cool if you could press a key and fire off your own taunts, similar to what you can do in Acefire.
Plus, and this wouldn't be essential, just something to consider, how cool would it be if you could record your own taunts and load them into the game?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-05-21 12:25:37

That'd be cool to be able to taunt your opponent.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-05-21 15:19:25

I agree it would be cool but I don't think it's an essential suggestion. We have other, much higher-priority ones, so I'm not sure whether to add these to the list or not.
In either case, I'll be sending it before Monday.
A key to fire your own taunts using the ones already available in the game should probably be easy to add but I'm not sure whether it wouldn't be just a distraction in the end. Could suggest this but I for one know that I personally wouldn't be using it all that often, as my hands are usually full of other work during a mission. :-)
The ability to load your own sounds into the game sounds cool in theory but I doubt this would go well together with the way the game currently handles sounds - storing them in their own encrypted data file. And there's a good reason for that as they are all top quality commercial recordings, the voice clips having been made especially for the game.
So I just don't know, I think this wouldn't be likely to make it in anyway.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-05-22 03:56:32

Ah, that's true. Well, it was just a thought. But I definitely take your point about the encrypted sounds.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-05-23 14:26:29

Anyone else run into a bug when unequipping all items that crashes the game?  I've now had it happen twice.

2015-05-24 22:50:40

Yeah, that's on my list. Will send it in the morning my time, thatmeans about 8hours from the time of this writing.
Lukas

2015-05-25 00:10:26

Thanks to a tip received here, I can now deploy mines without blowing myself up, but the opponents keep just jumping over the damned things, except when they don't.  Can anyone give me insight as to when they do and when they get blown up like good opponents should?

2015-05-25 16:30:50

It seems as though they tend to fail to spot the mines when they are under pressure, rather than this chance being completely random. If that was true, it would be a plus for the devs because it's more realistic in the context of the given game conditions. However, it might be just my personal impression. :-)
In any case, it seems you as the player can't do anything to help them get blown up properly. :-D
Lukas

2015-05-30 12:50:23

hi
any update about this game? will it be like paladin? you appear to get money and you leave the project?
i'm naught complainnin, but I hate, personally when devs do that.
look. Sam doesn't do that. Ghorth doesn't do that. Well philip and sir baker often do that because they acumulate and acumulate a bunch of projects that sometimes in rare cases will appear.
sorry if my comments sound harsh, but I am with brad in here.
about some actors, well they seemed to don't like the project. Just a few of them. You can denote that on they'r voices.
some girls, do like the project. They're voices sound really amazing!
personally I really wanna meet them all.
thanks for considerin my idea, and please. Please, an update.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-05-31 00:15:05

Well, even I am becoming swayed. Finished the game (that means I got to level 100 and completed my objective) and discovered an awfully, incredibly simple way to do that. And I'm sorry to say there's really nothing more left in there for me or for anyone to discover, so I fear it has 0% replay value in its current form.
I understand anyone can be really very busy, and I can imagine Philip for one is with the Elias project, so that's perfectly fine. But there was like one reply from Aaron and one from Philip on this topic, saying something along the lines of "We will look into the XP issue" about two or three days after release, and nothing more after that, not a single word. And it's been ages already.
So I don't like this attitude and don't find it professional, responsible or trustworthy at all.
Even a brief sentence along the lines of "we're not dead but will explain later" would have served a thousand times more good than this cold, unfriendly, almost despising seeming silence over the last month or so.
Bottomline, in the future I will certainly be much more careful and considerate before deciding whether or not to purchase any of Blastbay's or VGStorm's titles.
I don't think a developer is obliged to anything after releasing a game just because it's an audiogame. But at least elementary polite communication in response to the paying customers' enquiries, and if not that, a polite, no matter how brief notice that "Sorry, guys, we're abandoning this, at least for now, if anything ever changes, we'll let you know" just to avoid confusion and further expectations would be in order. Nothing more and nothing less than that is in my view necessary from a professional company. This really is not professional at all.
If this was Bavisoft, I wouldn't be surprised at all and wouldn't even find this worth my time or emotions at all. But we're now 11 years later than Bavisoft's last official announcement I've heard of, considering that their manners would have been unacceptable to most mainstream communities even then, and these two particular devs have always made the impression of being hundreds of leagues above Bavisoft's skill, presentation and result level. So that's about it... :-(
Lukas

2015-05-31 04:02:39

While I agree with your sentiments, and I, too, was very let down by the ending, I think you're missing one important point.
During the time we hoped that the devs would return to this topic and respond, there were many messages slamming them, making rude comments, and so on. I said it before, and I will say it again. If I were a developer, and I received even half of the unnecessary backlash this game got, I would throw my hands up and say, screw all of you ungrateful, entitled people.
So while I do agree that it's unprofessional of them to have abandoned a project that, really, should be in its infancy, I can also sympathize with how they must feel.
I think that, as it stands, all of us are going to have to just sit back and let this go. Yeah, it might have been wiser to wait and see what happened before purchasing the game. But really, that may or may not have helped in the end. I think it's time to let all this bickering die, though. It's serving no purpose.
And, you know what? I still intend to record a playthrough of Psycho Strike, no matter how uncool the game is at the moment, because, for what it was, I rather liked it.

2015-05-31 04:25:49

and what is the objective of that...
hell.
sorry, I ment, what you win when beattin the game?

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-06-02 19:30:32

Basically nothing. You can just be content with the fact you reached level 100 and finished your goal. Other than that, you can still keep going on, obtaining more cash or killing more people, until someone perhaps finally gets you. No real progression or graduation of a story. Since there is no story at all, this is expectable. :-(
Lukas

2015-06-03 14:30:45

turtlepower17 wrote:

While I agree with your sentiments, and I, too, was very let down by the ending, I think you're missing one important point.
During the time we hoped that the devs would return to this topic and respond, there were many messages slamming them, making rude comments, and so on. I said it before, and I will say it again. If I were a developer, and I received even half of the unnecessary backlash this game got, I would throw my hands up and say, screw all of you ungrateful, entitled people.
So while I do agree that it's unprofessional of them to have abandoned a project that, really, should be in its infancy, I can also sympathize with how they must feel.
I think that, as it stands, all of us are going to have to just sit back and let this go. Yeah, it might have been wiser to wait and see what happened before purchasing the game. But really, that may or may not have helped in the end. I think it's time to let all this bickering die, though. It's serving no purpose.
And, you know what? I still intend to record a playthrough of Psycho Strike, no matter how uncool the game is at the moment, because, for what it was, I rather liked it.

I'm sick to Death of the whole "entitled people" complain, because it is my opinion that yes, as customers we're fucking entitled, and this discussion wouldn't even be if it was a similar situation but with a physical Product.
If a developer recoils
by entitled wining then we need to force his head out. The devs in this case has only made it worse by completely ignoring this.
From my standpoint the complaints about unresponsiveness looks very valid to me and definitely not like some snobby "blind stereotypical" entitlement. That whole argument has to go, now let's bombard the devs with demands!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2015-06-04 05:36:21

Doin' really good there on the bombarding department. It's gotton a lot done!
Stop it, give it a friggen rest and let come of it what will. Sick of going to this topic, and seeing bitching instead of from the devs. Drop it and move on to something else. Or don't, but standing behind a computer, acting all tough, we must bombard them! Post another hate message, now! Just, stop it!

I don't deny that I'd want them to post and say hey sorry, I'm bad for not posting, but there's a life that moves on whether you're complaining or living it doing other stuff. Right, I'm out.

2015-06-04 11:01:39

I'm afraid I have to agree with Patjk. Starting to bombard them unreasonably, under the false assumption of internet anonymity and safety, would be the absolutely and totally worst strategy we could use at this point, if we ever want anything to change for the better at all. By expressing my disappointment with their current attitude, I absolutely didn't mean to start anything like that!!!
Lukas

2015-06-04 14:45:24

thetruegamer wrote:
turtlepower17 wrote:

I'm sick to Death of the whole "entitled people" complain, because it is my opinion that yes, as customers we're fucking entitled, and this discussion wouldn't even be if it was a similar situation but with a physical Product.
If a developer recoils
by entitled wining then we need to force his head out. The devs in this case has only made it worse by completely ignoring this.
From my standpoint the complaints about unresponsiveness looks very valid to me and definitely not like some snobby "blind stereotypical" entitlement. That whole argument has to go, now let's bombard the devs with demands!

-----
agree 100%.
I was so close to buying this game.
Thank God I did not...or I would be as furious as the next guy.
I understand being polite gets good results/responses, but you can only be polite for so long.
All I can say is the customer is always right and the natural reaction of being ignored is getting irritated/angry.
Good luck to those who can contact the devs in a mannerly way and actually get some progress done. my money awaits until this game is updated and live.

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2015-06-04 16:22:31

I regard my purchase of Psychostrike in the same way I regard supporting a Kickstarter or Indiegogo project.  I do not assume I'm guaranteed a result.  That said, if a result does emerge that I like, well I've paid for it already.  I do expect developers to act in a professional manner.  I also expect customers to do so.  (Starts list of people who may not purchase anything I create and sell because they are whiny bitches that I don't want the responsibility of having to be polite to.)

2015-06-04 16:24:53

Hahahaha. Well put.

2015-06-04 17:57:46

People are under the impression that I have something against common curtacy, so I'll set it straight, I don't.
I'm not trying to pat the trolls or childish immature people on their backs, I'm just going mad over how the audiogames.net Community seem to endorse (is that a Word?) ... seem to be fixated with the .. what can I say.
If you buy a Product that does not meet your expectations, you're usually disappointed. If it was false advertisement you could actually file it to an Agency that would get the seller in trouble (in sweden). We shall dismiss that though seeing as there's no false advertisement (the Product included all the things presented in the ad).
Well then, how about: you go and buy a car from a reseller, but when you get home you find out that the car is actually very flawed (old motor parts, I'm not an engineer).
Naturally you call the reseller, and call ... and call ... and call. Why don't you do the same with a car like you apparently Think about audiogames: "if I call the reseller he's gonna get pissed at me and never fix the problem, I'll just have to wait for him to come knocking at my door and then I shall give him a jar of cookies".

Crude post as usual, I don't understand why it's only like this on audiogames.net, oh well different case based personality querks I guess. Should be understandable though.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2015-06-04 18:47:17

i do not often contribute to such a topic such as this, because I tend to say to much at times. and i have a feeling, i will do this all over again. so if it becomes a long post. do not say i did not warn you. smile.
but i will leave all of you with one very fluffy thought here. consider this.
you have a life, you work, play eat sleep, hurt, love, laugh, kry, just like the very next person, right? now, hold on to that thought.
you walk in to a store. you see something you like, its on sail, it looks good, or is presented to look good. so? you try it, yes, its actually something you can try, before you buy, yes? good, nice, ausem, very nice, so? you take out your card, and lay down the money that you worked, hard for, maybe kried for, maybe, fought for, who knows.
but? 
you buy what you already tried out. and expected to get. you already new, there, what you was gonna get.
so, you go home. you take this ausem product with you.
now? understand, there's nothing wrong with it? it gives you no problem, but? neither does it magically do, more, then what it showed you it could do. so u become unsatisfied, because, your hard urned money whent in to this product.
so, you call the store. and in our physical world, with most products, note? i say most. you have a certen time in wich to decide if this is for you or not. and u can return it. in the physical world, you'd either return it, and get something better. or? you'd stick with it, and be unhappy.
now the question to consider here is, if, this product had a sticker on it that said, no? refunds? shall be excepted.  and u brought it? who would be to blame?
o sure, if u called the store and told them how unhappy u was with it, and if some one could please get back to you. and they never ever did, you'd get mad, sure, but it does not make the facts, and the choices you made, leading up to you buying this product, change one single bit. and that is? you brought it,
you whent out, saw it, tried it, and brought it.
now, had you not gotten the product at all, or if u found your box empty, or if you found it was broken, and it did not do, what the one in the store did? sure, then u have every right to be up in arms, how ever,
and now, with this long run around the fluffy bush, i come back to what i was going to say.

you had a chance to try this game, you either liked it enough to shell out your cash, noing what u was getting in to? or? you shelled out your cash, not reeding the fine print. in wich cace. the bad luck is on you.
take a tip from a doggie such as my self. whose paying 12 rand for one of your dollars.
always, but always reed the fine print or, turms and conditions before you buy a product.
while it is surely not on for the devs not to respond? they made there tee's and cee's quite clear. and sadly, the one whose left with the spilled milk, is the buyer.
if he or she  is not happy. it sadly is not much to be done. it is regretable, since a smile is much better then a frown, 
and that my fluffy folks, is my humble few doggie pallets to the mix.

There's a place for me in this universe.