2015-05-30 18:49:49 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-05-30 18:55:59)

I agree, especially with Raygrote.
  It's actually nice that this topic was not one of those which turned into a flame war -- it's actually got some intelligent posts, and a lot of valid points.

My take is... a game is a... game. If you're banned, (and I've been banned before), sure. Get mad about it, ramble to your best friend or keep it inside and... let it pass. Situations like that aren't worth posting on the forums because the only, and the only, thing it does is cause flame wars. It brings down the developer and their game, and makes the person posting the complaint look foolish. If I get banned from games, I never even ask the Moderators for another chance--I eventually realize that my life really, isn't, that bad off without that game. I screwed up, (whether it be because I hated the people there or otherwise), and it's not like that's the only audio game in the entire world anyway. And, on some of these games, the moderators, do not seem up for their position, refering to what Ethin said at the beginning, because I've seen moderators lashing out on players on many! cases.
  I've only been banned from two multiplayer games, both of which I found less than satisfactory for certain reasons. But I've been playing audio games for several years, and online games are no stranger to me--Swamp and RTR which I started playing more than two years ago, RS Games, top speed, death match, alter Aeon, survive the wild, and even a bit of prometheus. And though I'm not one for games that require group work, I'm usually good with audio multi player games. I have a jokular personality--which has gotten me in trouble before--but the thing is, most people on most games are OK with me, which is why I like those games.

As for the whole Tyler thing, I've realized something. Being involved in drama crap before, I've experienced both sides of this situation--I've done stupid stuff, and even had to appologize for it. Luckily it was accepted, and I've learned from that mistake, but I've learned a few things.
  Tyler might have been quite a bit of a pest, I don't really know since I wasn't a game developer that dealt with his supposed "suggestion spam." Even with that, though, I do think he was treated a bit harsh. Sure, he's started flame wars, said and done stupid crap, acted out of turn and immature, but haven't we all? Even though I agree with the rest of you that he should step back, give it time, geet past that immature stage we all, go through, I still have an open mind. What he's done, in my opinion, wouldn't stick with him forever. He was rough in the immaturity department, but so be it. When he proves himself ready, he'll be excepted into the community with open arms, at least through my eyes. The rest of you may not agree, but it's just my take.
smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-05-30 18:56:00 (edited by musicalman 2015-05-30 20:45:41)

Agreed Ethin. I am guilty of holding grudges myself, but I don't make an effort to start unnecessary rumors about someone. If I don't like them, the worst you'll see me do is give them about 30 warnings, and when none of them stick, I give them an indefinite block and after rambling about it to my close friend(s), I do something which is more worth my time. I don't spread rumors about them or take every opportunity I can to remind them of what they did. That doesn't help anyone. If later they want to come back and try to make amends, then they first have to show me that they won't do the types of things that got them the 30 warnings and a block in the first place. And yes I will not believe them at first. How could I? But if they actually show me something nice... they show me respect that I previously wasn't getting from them. Then yes I will reconsider my feelings about them. But coming to me and saying, hey we have a big problem with each other, let's fix it, and then claiming that I am 98 percent of the problem... I don't call that fixing anything, I just think that's yet another way for them to insult.
I don't understand what's so hard about being civil and rational and admitting to personality flaws, especially those that constantly get in your way. I really don't. If they choose not to be civil with me, that's when I just walk away and leave them to do what they will to someone else.
At any rate, I'm glad this hasn't turned into an all-out flame, it's actually sort of a fun discussion to read.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2015-05-30 19:14:18

Exactly. And if you can't put grudges behind you, then you won't find yourself very well accepted by society. If you want to keep grudges, go somewhere else.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-05-30 20:49:53

Since this thing seems to be on the hole roomer of tyler being the hacker. I thought we already came to a conclusion that tyler was not, and that that dispute was setteled off forum, where it should have stayed off the forum in the firstplace. As for people doing questionable things on dmnb. I am trying to do something about it, i've just asked my players to point out any harsh things an admin was doing, none of them said anything. I can't fix what's going rong if I don't have more information on the stuff that happens while i'm away, etc.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2015-05-30 21:14:25

Well that's the thing. Everyone who really has a complaint is already banned like me, who stood up for myself, because I'm not a pushover and people will learn that extremely fast. Now I'm not starting any drama or whatever bull crap useless stuff like that, just telling the truth. Which, is why, I don't bring up any of the issues I've seen from you and the rest of the admins towards other players.
But anyway ignore that. I'm not going to start a flame war and if one even looks like it's going to start after this post, it's getting deleted.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2015-05-30 21:32:28

You've already voiced your complaints, and I have listened, as said on skype. Nikita was just taken off the admin team after being harsh to the players according to reports, and i've explained some of the stuff we're doing over skype to rectify that ishue to which you agreed was fine.

2015-05-30 22:27:30

Danny, I think you should completely restructure the admin team. You don't have to do this, but I completely recommend it, since according to Steve's vague post, I think it's time.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-05-30 22:35:09

It seems that only 2 admins were reported to have been causing trouble, though's are the 2 which i'll deal with according to player reports. Now onto this hole thing about spam, which is the reason people complained at steve. Their is going to be an anti spam policy put into place. If steve can't spam eloquence tags and the like over chat, no one can. If he can, then everyone else is allowed to do so, it only makes sence. Their is a /mute command if the spam is getting on your nervs, and I don't understand why its so difficult to use it if its bothering you that much. In short if you don't want steve to do it, don't do it yourselves, does that sound like a suitable policy? I'm asking to make sure it sounds fair before being put in. If using the /mute command is too much, and their is not an anti spam policy, you have 2 options. One either turn off the chat channel and talk to players over pm, or you can leave the game if its bothering you so much as to hinder your playing of the game.

2015-05-30 22:46:47 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-05-30 22:51:50)

As communist as Danny's last post sounded, (rofl), I agree with it. I have no further comment because really, besides the admins I had trouble with and that stuff this is not, a horrible game. And the reason my post was so vague was because I, do not! Wish to bring down the reputation of this game because of troubles I'm having on it. Danny's worked extremely hard, and he doesn't deserve that. Sure there were some issues between me and some admin staff, but that's no cause to tare down Danny, and that's not just because he's my friend either. I agree with ethin about the restructuring of the admin team, but Danny seems to be jumping on that quickly and doing the necessary justice. This is why I've forgiven him for the past things having to do with Tyler and such related incidents.
  I just think that if we have problems on the game from now on, we need to inform Danny, myself included. And now that this no spam policy is implemented, should I ever be back on the game it will be no spam because, well, no one is allowed to do it. You see, I felt like I was being attacked since others did it and yet told me not to, so what was expected? That was my only issue, really.

However, I think the positivity of this game will cover up the past, eventually. It is a great game... I just wish ship prices weren't so spread out. But then again, that's something that can be fixed with a 40 minute colony supply mission on a cargo frater, so that's not even that big of a deal. smile smile

2015-05-31 22:29:28

wo this topic has grown
ok, first
@dark
zenya is a greek/helenic tradition of hospitality details can be found in the odysse  though at this time of night i'm unsure which book

secondly I'm confused, so explain someone
why cant we all just grab our prefered drinks, grab some food, sit on our games, play like civilised people and don't be a pain?
i mean liets fac facts, if no one cheeted, if the operaters games acted proffessionallyu and if plaers acted like mature, groan up people of there age, would all this not have happened.
It just makes me sit here and think doods! seriously!

anyway, i'm gonna go grab my prefered drink, grab some muffins and get crumbs in my keyboard now.
tongue

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2015-06-01 01:59:28

@Dardar  I do recall the hospitality thing from the odissy, I just didn't know the term Zenya, good to here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-01 18:44:21

@dark
*puts on professors hat and glasses* well mr dark the translation of zenya into english from greek is to be hospitable and it was a trodition of offering someone well... hospitality.
I've changed it to a modern aproach in my above post
*puts hats and glasses back in cupboard*
sheesh! someones trousers reek!
erm, i mean, hem!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2015-06-02 17:35:25

I don't think we can lay all the problem on the players - a big part of the issue stems from overreaction of game admins.  A lot of them are capricious and emotional, turning everything into a personal affront that must be destroyed at all costs.  Debates escalate to name calling and insults escalate to admins banning people forever in a righteous huff that does nobody any good.  It's stupid.

On top of that is the hacking issue.  The very idea of labeling someone like tyler a 'hacker' is ridiculous - he, along with 95+% of the so called 'hackers' I've seen, couldn't hack their way out of a wet paper bag.  They're about as dangerous as puppies:  able to poop on the floor where you don't expect it, but not much else.  But rather than treat these players like puppies that need to be taught and socialized, helping teach them and helping them grow into decent people, they get treated like crap instead.  They get banned, they get yelled at.  Small wonder they don't improve.

2015-06-02 17:48:27

I agree with denten. And, dark, It is  june second. Why isn't my primary techmaster20 account unbanned? Today is it's day.

2015-06-02 18:17:04 (edited by sid512 2015-06-03 07:08:54)

hi,
I won't write a long or constructive post, but what I'd like to say is there should be a separate system, or mechanism to deal with that kind of problems or issues, rather than involving the forum as a medium for pestering the developers with complaints regarding bans, and actions which are already in force.

afterall, there are many other contact methods, Skype, emails, pm (on this forum), and twitter/fb/whatever social networking site. plus the supposed contact form/comments section in case the developer here has a good website/blog/similar content. this makes it  obvious that there could be many instances in which the mentioned complainer could very effectively approach the developer and voice there claims, while compared to being an attention seeker on a nearly public forum like the one right here.

after that, there sometimes comes an anticipated argument against contacting the developers privately, put forth by a bunch of people, that the developer had, or  would have no difficulties in simply disregarding their say and deleting the emails, or messages in whichever form they are sent, therefore being indifferent  to the complaints and moving along their work. hence, a possible reason for that sort of public whimpering over online threads. .

if this holds true in certain sinarios, then such practice could as well be exercised on the forum, perhaps a sensible developer should have a reason to completely ignore and divert attention from these people and continue with their game development. expanding multiple threads like this may not only make the forum cluttered but also infuriating for a few people like aarjan and others who find this sort of behavior peculiar, in fact.

however, after looking at the amount of such topics over a timespan of last couple of months, it is really odd that a few developers tend to hold certain obligation to respond on the topics here instead of sorting out their differences on a private platform.  besides, there are a few forumites who seem to cause more trouble by adding more to either side, whether encouragement to fokes  like tyler and others, or ruthlessly supporting the developer's decision.

as far as I may recall, there had been troublemakers who used to hack swamp or create chaos on the server, etc. (afterall, the very reason swamp is now paid and not playable for a few who have shortage of money), and one or 2 of them would have started a similar thread on this forum, asking the developer to remove their ban while providing an odd reason which shouldn't have appeared to be logical. (I'm not completely sure about the existence of more than a couple of topics of that form). what, I believe, used to happen is that the developer gave a explicit reason to as why the refered person wouldn't be unbanned, rather in a little blunt tone at the same time, so that the topic in question doesn't spread further and so on. at that time, there weren't many who would ramble to that extent, nor did the player insist too much for the removal of his ban, in general that is.

moreover as of late, there had been another forum member with issues playing alteraeon, and being banned from public channels because of excessive swearing and other inappropriate behavior on the game. there indeed were a couple of long threads for that matter, but again, the basic outline of these was the need for improvement and his status on the game remaining the same, in fact dentin , Morpheus and a bunch of other players who noticed the topics apparently made clear the reasons for his punishments as well as the extent of the same, explaining as humbly as one may prudently apprehend.
they didn't last long as there were no more than a few arguments at first place, and there wasn't a whole bunch of people showing pitty or being sympathetic to the player whose behavior was abnormally improper. some people gave him sound advice, some reacted in a slightly harsh manner. but the entire issue was restricted to just one or 2 threads, not more.

now, specially after the release of numerous games by individual developers, a few online multiplayer games to be precise (for example, DMNB and others), the amount of such topics, or posts in other words, has simply grown up by a high margin. however, the more interesting part is that almost all the time, a large part of these conversations is apparently  centred around a particular cluster of forum members, which is very disappointing as a whole.

seriously, people from both sides should consider putting a hault to such occurances, mainly because in my opinion, all the public attention and discussions, rants, criticisms, and sometimes flamewars as well, would do them no good to have a more benifitial position, in contrast to the one they might carry without existing  as a publicly undesirable figure.

so, indeed, as the saying goes, a rotten apple has a potential to cause the apples in the whole basket to decay, but a bunch of rotten apples are enough to create a stinking, chaotic mess all around the place. let's not continue anymore with this kind of behaviour, guys. let's hope for the best.

regards.
sid.

p.s. my appologies in advance for any grief or discomfort caused by the above post to any individual or a group of individuals. certainly no intent to harm anybody's feelings or create hatred of any type.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2015-06-02 18:17:10

Yes! denton! Yes yes yes!
I don't think any of us, have stated what you stated any better. 100% the truth, man!
  This is exactly, what I've seen with Tyler. Exact, lee. Since I don't play most of the games he's plays, I can only speak for death Match. But it seems that such admins believe they can get enjoyment out of bullying someone because... well... I already told him to shut up and leave my game. But although it's not right to do things like evading bans and hacking attempts (I highly doubt tyler would or could or has hacked anyway), it's certainly not right to ban someone forever! Because you have a personal issue with them and then go over-the-top when they retaliate. This is probably why Tyler keeps trying to tell us how depressed he is and how he feels hated because all we do is hate hate and hate on him. And God forbid someone had done that to us when we went through the immature stage. God forbid an admin tells us who hate and roomer about tyler that we need to shut up and leave a game because we personally don't like them. God Forbid someone tell a roomer and then an admin of a game not let us play because he decides he doesn't like hackers.
  This is why I say to you, welcome to the forum Tyler. I think we all should try to build him up instead of gunning him down like the past--no, obviously not all of us on the forum. I'm primarily refering to certain game admins who I'll not point fingers at.

2015-06-02 18:56:04

Exactly, Steve. This is exactly why game developers must choose admins wisely. If they don't, this kind of thing happens. For instance, Danny developed DMNB, but chose admins based on friendships and trust; he did not base administrationship on passed behavior; and since he's done that, DMNB has turned into a ghost town. While I might have caused some of it, the other admins did so as well. Danny chose people in the beta testing folder, and did not choose anyone mature enough to hold the right of being an admin, and paid the price. I have no intention to be rude at all when I say this, but there is no "truly" mature adult on that admin team who can keep the entire admin team under control, and although Danny has tried, he has failed multiple times; and while I do respect him and I know that people surely do fail, it is remarkable that Danny still wishes to continue developing the game basing my knowledge off of recent and past events.

My Github

2015-06-02 19:11:54

Ethin I sent you a pm.
But I appreciate the determination of Danny. For the most part he gets everything done when it's brought up to him, but that's for the most part. There are still some Egregious occurences in DM history... but for the most part he's pretty good and that's why he still has players.

2015-06-02 20:06:50

I do appreciate his determination as well.

My Github

2015-06-04 01:10:06

So, Now that I am fully unbanned from the forum, I'd like to say, let's start out fresh with a new slate.

2015-06-04 04:03:59

Error dialogue. Windows was unable to create a new slate because your previous behavior corrupted the slate producing program. Please try reformating this copy of Windows, Audiogames.net edition to fix the problem. OK Button. To activate, Press the power button.
rofl

2015-06-04 10:48:47

Moderation!

@Sniper, welcome back to the forum.
@Steve, while I do appreciate the humour, at the same time  referencing Sniper's behaviour here isn't exactly tactful given all the strong feelings on this matter.

Starting out with a clean slate is exactly the point of a temporary ban and I can only applaud Sniper's attitude.

Hopefully  lessons have now been learned and if no other word needs to be said on this matter ever again nobody would be happier about it than me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-06-04 14:55:12

what's Dmnb ???
lol didn't want to read everything because waste of time (no offense to anyone)
just skinned through it and I am gonna add my two cents in...just because i'm bored.
read a book and stop getting so serious with gaming, there is more to life than a game.
bye big_smile

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2015-06-04 19:17:02

@dark, Go ahead and ban this sniper account. It was my first account and I didn't think to change the ,password, and that is why, I have the techmaster20 account. Let me log out first, before you do it. Don't want to have to clear my cookies again.

2015-06-04 19:21:14

Alright, logged out, now.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.