2015-05-24 21:24:31

I couldn't really tell you in exact numbers how often I find that all I have to do is wave my hands in front of the faucet to get them wet. LOL. Let us just say that it gets just a bit more interesting going soap hunting. Is it just me, or is the soap not in the same place every time? Now sense this topic has gone down the drain, here and here is something Werth reading. LOL. Yes, it is strange how this seemed to have brought us together, or are we just going down? Sorry that I used USA based sources...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-05-24 22:45:47

Well, automatic hand driers are very common over here, I suspect because they are easier to install at a cheaper price even if the facility did at one time have standard ones. likewise, auto sinks, while not universal do occur from time to time, though I agree with Cw, playing find the soap can be rather interesting.

Btw, the best ever public toilets have to be the ones at the Franky and Benny's chain. I assume you have that chain in the Us? they sort of pretend to be a fifties Italian/american dimer, they're always playing frank senatra and other crooners and they do a mix of food that ranges from burgers and hot dogs to pasta and pizzas.

The awsome thing however is for some wonderfully weerd reason all the loos have a basic "how to speak Italian" tape playing in the background! so, you you can go and take care of business while being told how to say things like "I want to wrent a car", or "This pasta is too hot"  En l'Italiano big_smile.

I have absolutely no idea what the purpose of this is, but it is pretty cool!  My Italian teacher was quite amused when I told her.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-25 04:00:13

@Dark, there aren't any Frankie and Benny's diners here in the US. I hadn't even heard of that restaurant until you mentioned it. Never-the-less I looked it up on my friend Wikipedia and discovered it seems to be a UK only based chain with a 50's American diner type theme. So despite the business's New York type diner type theme it is exclusively based in the UK.

Anyway,, getting back to the subject at hand I find finding soap in public restrooms exceedingly problematic. There is no consistency from one restroom to another. Some are up too high, some are to the left of the sinks, some are to the right, some are in the middle, and I wish there was some consistency where they placed those dispensers. I often have less problem finding the dryers than I do the soap.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2015-05-25 06:21:31

Ah, that is odd, I always assumed that ranky and Bennies was an American import chain like T.G.I. Fridays.

I do know what you mean about soap finding trouble, although in the Uk it seems in the majority of cases soap is more likely to be in the middle of the middle above and between the two taps, sinse usually there is a row of  basins along the wall so it makes sense to put the soap dispensor for each above each basin.

Then again the operative word here is "usually" sinse I've also seen it put in some very weerd places.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)