2015-05-16 13:39:40 (edited by ogomez92 2015-05-16 13:56:33)

Hi guys!
Beatstar pro trailer is here, and it's going to be released soon with lots of new features and minigames for you to play. want to listen to it?

By the way sorry for the level 6 bug... it wil be fixed haha!

Head over to this link
http://oriolgomez.com/beatprodemo.mp3

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-05-16 14:26:54

Hello,
It sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun, I am definitely looking forward to this!

2015-05-16 14:36:55

Sounds very cool indeed, the gogogogogooooooal! in the football game made me laugh! big_smile. I love the way beatstar is now sort of turning into it's own arcade with it's own prizes in terms of soundpacks, I also think getting safeguards another way would be good sinse I never personally want to spend on them sinse I always want to save my coins for unlocking new packs.

Btw, Beatstar is already listed as donation on the database so people know they can donate if they wish, indeed I might well do s again myself if the next version of beatstar is to have all these goodies.

I'm actually considering splitting the donation license type classification to distinguish games like Parkboss, Angel gift and beatstar where the developer accepts donations to help with future work, and games like a lot of the mmorpg type games where the donations are supposed to buy an in game  item of some sort, though I've not really got a good snappy title for the second sort sinse "freemium" is a bit of a loaded term (as so many freemium games are pretty devicive, but certainly not all games that sell in game bennifits are like that).

Maybe distinguishing that license type as gamestore?

Either way, Beatstar pro sounds fantastic, indeed when i saw the title I did wonder if this would be a paid version of Beatstar which wouldn't really be unreasonable.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-16 15:18:38

I've listened to the trailer and the minigame sounds pretty cool, especially the boxing and football game, and I like your comentarry when the player scored a goal.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-05-16 16:29:33

Hi, can we able to change the game sounds in the soundpacks?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-05-16 16:30:29

Hello,
Definitely can't wait to punch some gus with the boxing game. It'd be cool if eventually ou wil be able to mod these, although that might be maybe taking it too far, but imagine boxing against a robot one round and a monster another.

2015-05-16 16:49:55

hey that's an interesting idea!

2015-05-16 16:52:25

Guys here is what I need, send me your monster packs to my email address ogomez.s92(at)gmail.com

Here are the files I need:
4 sounds for each of these:
block 1 4: when blocking a punch
death 1 to 4: death sounds
grunt 1 4: grunt, when hit with a punch
punch: punching sounds, need 6.
Send your mods now!

2015-05-16 18:12:00

Hello.
I've listened to the trailler and it was very great! Specially the Boxing mini game.
I'm looking forward to play it.
However, in the latest version of Beet Star that I have played, There was a game mode called Beet Star Memory. In that game mode, even if you lose, your beet coins doesn't remove and you can obtain too many beet coins in a very easy way, just by starting that game mode and playing for 3 or 4 sequence and lose a game and start over. it makes buying safe guards and new sound packs very easy. please remove it from beet star pro or make getting beet coins in that game mode disable.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-05-16 22:23:44

hi to all

I have not played this title yet but will start when beatstar pro is out. i have a couple of questions. 1. is their a user guide we can read ahead of time, so we can dive right in?
2. how soon out?
wink

seriously good job trailer

2015-05-16 22:43:19

hello again

ok as a huge huge huge fan of 1000 heartbeats, i have a suggestion:
as you are playing the beatbox round can you get the music to go faster and faster, as it does in the show? and the hump thump of the heartbeat between rounds?
and then lol have a british person like me smile saying "if you're ready step on to the plate!!!!"

i tell you something if you could make a 1000 heartbeats game for us like re-ordering countries, time zones, memorizing things, unscrambling things etc. maths etc. i'd buy it tomorrow so so looking forward to this title now and i want to unlock that british variant as you call it right away
love the concept of it just wish could have not just the 1 quartet set of music but rather the other variants as well but i am being awkward british person here, i know all about copyrights.
smile
shame this not for mac but i know it can't be.
if the game has other mini games titles not shown be perfect!!!!
going to go and hear that beat boxing again

2015-05-17 06:16:05

@Avid gamer, I can possibly answer some of your questions, and if I cannot maybe The beatstar db page can.

First, yes, there is a user guide to read. Second, I don't know what you mean about "copywrites" the hole beatstar thing is free, so copywrite doesn't apply, and if it did, many, many many! people would be in deep dodo due to the awsome packs that so many people have made, so in this situation (as indeed in many situations),  copywrite can go sue itself big_smile.

Personally having the other tracks from 1000 heartbeats in beatbox would be great, as would more opponent sound files, though I like the idea of a timed sorting minigame, rather like  the bomb defusing or bone matching in hunter or pipe two.

@Adel, I personally am happy with the coin amounts in memory, however i do have one suggestion regarding coins,  particularly sinse the more minigames we have, the more coins people will earn, and while people do have to buy the minigames initially, and risk coins on the minigames, with skill games like boxing the  coin supplies are going to increase, and so as any good economist knows when supplies go up you increase demand.

As I said, Beatstar is now turning into an arcade in it's own right with it's own currency that earns fun rewards. So, just as in real life arcades you have those bonus tickets you earn from machines and can save up for a prize, well how about having some prizes in beatstar? (and I mean some better deals than 100 bonus tickets for a pack of chewing gum).

Just like people submit packs now, why not let people submit prizes.  each prize would essentially be two sound files, one giving the name of the prize, one giving a short soundclip or movie. Each prize would need to be bought with coins like a soundpack before it could be unlocked, and prizes would be expensive, like about 25 k coins each.

Once you had a prize, you could go to a "prize cabinet" option to listen to the short soundclip or movie.

Essentially prizes would be rewards just there for bling value, but hay when we're talking arcades and games, what's up with a bit of bling? and of course you'd still need to decide whether that killer prize with it's short movie was more worthwhile than another soundpack for beatstar or unlocking all the minigames (indeed I don't expect people would go for prizes until later in their careers).

Prizes would not be achievement trophies for getting onto scoreboadrs, scoring x in a row in beatstar or memory or one of the other games, or playing beatstar 900 times. Such things would be fun of course, but not specifically a coin sink as I imagine the prizes to be.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-17 07:12:59

Hi!
I like the idea about prizes.

Avid gamer, there is no point in having someone say if you're ready step on to the plate. This is not 1000 heartbeats... It's just using the music.
The music is also copyrighted. But oh well. Hopefully they won't find out I am using it. haha

The other variants I can't get because they have tv speech in them, so there's no point. smile

2015-05-17 12:07:27

Hello,
@ogomez92: what sounds would you need for the beatball game? I have ideas for other variants, like a disc from tron, or a futuristic, electrical ball that you have to defend against, although I will probably play the two games for a while to get an idea of what sounds play when before I start creating new things.

2015-05-17 12:15:15

As a big fan of the Tron films, a light disk varient of beatball would be fantastic.

My only concern with having soundpacks for beatball would be all the commentary messages when you or the other team score sinse obviously you wouldn't want a completely different game with the same mechanics  talking about football teams or goals.

Btw, is it possible to skip the announcement in beatball that syas who's turn it is to kick? I didn't know whether it was possible to or not, but sinse this gets repeated  so often and obviously after a few kicks the player will get impatient, perhaps an option to skip this might help if it is not there already.

2015-05-17 12:39:14

Hello,
Of course if I were to create a tron sound variant I'd record the commentary and such as well.

2015-05-17 17:24:55

Hi.
wow. This sounds really exciding. It would be really cool if you had to unlock the mini games by getting enough points from the other mini games, so for example one mini game is unlocked and you need to unlock more.
Trophies would also be really awesome for those mini games. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-05-17 18:12:44

Hello,
I think the minigames will already be unlockable, by using beatcoins.
As for trophies, be careful, we don't want to make the minigames more complex than beatstar itself.

2015-05-17 18:40:53 (edited by ogomez92 2015-05-17 18:42:06)

Hi guys, I just added achievements in beatstar.
Achievements are like trophies, but right now they don't have any other purpose than to be collected since you can buy the minigames with beatcoins anyway.

I'm not going to spoil all the achievements here, but basically you can get one by losing or winning at slots, by playing a level with a perfect score, beating a soundpack without using safeguards, etc.

Any ideas for achievements?

2015-05-17 19:20:04

hy i cant wayt to play this it will be awesome achievement idea play random game on a soundpack for 10 minutes

2015-05-17 19:30:58

hi
I have a idea about achievement.
It is achievement sale system
for example, If you have high achievement, if your achievement level is 5, and if You buy safeguards, safeguards will cost 500 beatcoins. like this.
and, what is the beat reverse mode?
thanks

2015-05-17 20:24:08

Achievements could be fun indeed whether or not prizes get added to the game (indeed there could be achievements connected with earning so many prizes), particularly those that you need to work buy playing the game many more times to unlock.

Possible ones could include:

Get 50/100/500/1000/5000/10000/50000/100000 hits in normal mode.
Same for random and the new beat reverse.

Get a score of zero in a soundpack 5/10/25/50/100 times.

complete 1/5/10/25/50 soundpacks.

Buy 1/5/10/25/50 soundpacks with beatcoins.

Buy each of the minigames with beatcoins.

Buy 10/25/50/100/1000 safeguards with beatcoins.

Get a score of 5/10/15/20/30 on memory.

Post a score to the memory scoreboard.

Play slots 5/10/25/50 times.
Earn 10000/50000/100000 beatcoins playing slots.

Get a total of 10/25/50/100/500/1000 goals in Beatball.

Throw 50/100/500/1000/5000 punches in Beatbox.

Get to level 1/3/5/10 in Beatbox.

Play beatbox, slots  or beatball 1/5/10/25/50/100/1000 times.

Start the program 25/50/100/500/1000 times.

Play the game at midnight, or on christmas or easter day.

2015-05-17 22:25:00

ok i have further ideas for a game mode and then trophies.

it is like the bop beats game where you have to match the rhythm. so rather than just a memory game (which is still cool btw) can we have that kind of game but you have to match to the rhythm, i.e. the beat?
so if it went
ding ding ding rest rest ding rest ding
you'd have to match that exactly rather than just repeating back the pattern of ding ding gong on ding ding ding or whatever it is saying lol!!!!

does that make sense?
for those who play the dj mode in bop it beats you will know that timing is key!
also does bop it reverse or whatever it is called, smile work like the handheld games whereby you have to do the opposite of what it says?
you could also have a mode where it says do one thing but the sounds say do another does that make sense?
for the trophies you could have a timed mode complete the level in a set number of minutes or seconds
memorize as many commands as you can in ten seconds then play them back in that order or something, increasing the number of memorizations as you go etc

how many mini games are you hoping for and when would the initial release be out?
cheers
Will
reverse

2015-05-17 22:26:54

also one last question please. if i start playing with the initial beatstar and unlock packs do i still retain them in the update?
also do i have to play the classic smack me pack to unlock others i download?

2015-05-17 22:34:48

Hi guys,
You need to obtain beatcoins to unlock packs. you do not need to use the default one to get beatcoins, you get beatcoins with every pack.
And your unlocks retain with the updates, of course. No issues here.

Thanks I noted some of the achievements you suggested.
beat reverse is simple. Instead of hearing the action, you hear the key sound and press to hear the action sound. It's not about doing the opposite, rather its about hearing the opposite sounds.

Minigames. I am planning to code more games before the game is released. I don't know when the release will be, but soon enough I hope. smile