2015-05-14 22:05:37

Greetings traveller, I bid thy to take a sit by the fire, fill up your mug and listen to my history.
There was once a group called Lion's Den, a small group dedicated to bring enjoyment to the folks through the kingdom. One day though, out of a sudden, one of the wizards of Lion's Den got caught be a band of time devourers creatures from a dimension called Real Life. I am afraid I'm the only member left of the ancient, but perhaps not well known team. Though my powers of weaving the fabrics of magic are small, I came to you seeking for aid to tell the tales of our heroes while my old comrade struggles against the chains that keep him captive in Real Life.

Ok folks. I'll raise the curtains for now, though most things I said above are correct. I'm part of Lion's Den, but Thanatus, my friend and coder of our small team is fairly busy with college. I have my mind blasting with ideas as always, and I'm here to ask assistance to make a sidescroller rpg. Here's what I wanted to have in the game:
Movimentation like in Bk2 would be perfect for what I intend to do.
Items, weapons, a few tools and maybe spells, though spells are not necessarely a priority.
Levels, stats and points assignment done by the player.
Skills, character classes and extra missions and quests, but again, it is not important so soon.

Unfortunately my experiênce in BGT is limited to the 2 first examples in the tutorial. I have patience and time if someone can guide me through the creation of the game, but I also understand if you guys prefer to do the code your own way if the case may be. I wont use the Lion's Den name as the creator of this game, for it is intended to carry the names of those who are whiling
to help me make it.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-05-14 22:15:30

Hi,
If you are going to code this in bgt, I can try to help. I am not the most patient person though, but I will try to help you. Something like dropbox or bit torrent sync 1.3 would be good for sharing files. I'd prefer db though, because as far as I know bit sync has a nasty habbit of overwriting files to older versions.

2015-05-14 23:50:26

Hello Lucas. Right then, I'll create a folder on my dropbox. I'll need a valid email to add you. Thanks for answering.
Best regards, Haramir.

2015-05-15 00:38:17

I think that you could start programing using the Let's Code! dropbox folder smile this way, everyone could take a look at your code and help

2015-05-15 01:00:16

Hi,
If you are going with the private folder root, my e-mail is [email protected]

2015-05-15 02:58:36

Thanks again Lucas. I'll add you there. I intend to share my results later, but since I definitely will build it from scratch, I'd keep it on a private folder with those who want to join.
Best regards, Haramir.

2015-05-15 08:27:41

If you feel as though you could use any more assistance, I would be glad to help out with the project. My e-mail address (for the Drop Box folder) is gamedude2015 (at) gmaile (dot com)
Replace at with the at sign, and dot com with the actual period and com.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2015-05-15 15:12:24

Hello folks. I've sent the invitation to both of you, any help is welcome. Please just confirm that you received the email, and if not I'll try to resend it.
Best regards, Haramir.