2015-05-13 16:08:50

hi, sorry if this topic is considered as cracking.
I know that the BSC games was closed, so I can't get there games again.
so for this, anyone have the code generator and the games?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-05-13 19:46:51

There is a link in another topic about BSC games. It has the unlock code generator, the media components, and the games. It should still work, unless the new virus program I got deleted it from my dropbox folder. If this link doesn't work, use the one in the other topic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qyw1rmnucroi … s.zip?dl=1

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2015-05-13 20:08:28

Tell me where you send it.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-05-13 22:09:05

*sighs*

As Justin from BSC Games did not make them "abandonware," you "technicly" can not share them, even if you bought them.

And where AudioGames.net is concernned, its a slippery slope when it comes to these types of things...

With that said, I shall say no more.

2015-05-13 23:00:38

And of course the real problem is, in the strict meaning of abandonware, a company doesn't make something abandonware by some definitive action, they do so either by stopping development of the software or going out of business. So in the strict meaning of the term, these games are, in fact, abandonware, since it is no longer possible to obtain them through legal means. It's just that there has been no official statement from BSC that it's okay to distribute them. Obviously they remain the copyrighted property of BSC, since in most if not all countries, anything is copyrighted as soon as it exists in some fixed, human or machine readable form. Which means the message you're reading right now is copyrighted by me, not that it matters in this case.

2015-05-14 18:59:24

Jaybird is absolutely correct, they are abandonware, I think they could be distributed freely unless Justin has a problem with this (not very likely.)

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-05-14 19:29:20

I agree with Sterlock and Jaybird. Furthermore to add to it... these games are copyright BSC games. But since BSC doesn't exist anymore... copyright laws may still be in place, but there's nothing to speak of in terms of a response since Justin doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-05-14 21:53:44

Hi. Sorry if this is getting off topic, but i installed troopanum 1.5 and 1.6. Both of them gave me an error about the dll file that i just put somewhere, it was in the wmaudioredist folder. Can someone tell me where to put it, so the computer knows that it's there? Also, when i launched the config program for one of them, it said msaudio.o-c-x or one of it's dependencies is not correctly installed. Can someone help me with these problems? Thanks! I am using windows 7 32 bit.

2015-05-14 23:19:22

If these games are abandonware, moderators can't go and remove links like what they did to the first post! For anyone who still needs the games, the link will be here, and I will keep checking this post, so the moderators can't get rid of it!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qyw1rmnucroi … s.zip?dl=1

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2015-05-14 23:32:10

Moderation!

Abandonware and being abandoned are! in fact two different things, and copywrite does not expire just because the copywrite holder happens to not be in business anymore, heck after all Justin could start up and sell these tomorrow.

So  no links to download bsc games are allowed on the db, and if there happen to be any on the forum well I haven't noticed them, and of course if Justin ever asked I'd need to remove them and probably issue warnings to those who posted them.

Same goes for the bavisoft games. However, bare in mind even if anyone did happen to post some links without my noticing, the rule about not posting links to get anything currently on sale for free still stands, and anyone trying to do such would be in dire trouble (and would be noticed pretty quickly).

Btw Boy, I thought I noticed a link to download the bsc games in your second post and went to remove it, however on reflection I was wrong.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-15 00:19:51

Dark, I strongly urge you to look up exactly what "abandonware" means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware
Just because the copyright is still technically in effect, it is abandonware because it is no longer supported by the developer. Same goes for bavisoft.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-05-15 01:18:13

Ok so this is the deal. Abandonware stuff is stuff that the owner doesn't care enough about to say hey, I'm not offering this anymore. The owner is literally trashing it either physically or just moving on in their lives. So, while copyright can be attached to something that's abandonware, it's unlikely that it will be defended because the owner doesn't care about it anymore. It's not like you are pirating music and movies and the record company comes down on you on behalf of the artist. you're not pirating abandonware if you choose to download it, you're just downloading a piece of software that the owner doesn't support. That's like if i went onto 3D realms' site and found Terminal Velocity and Duke Nukem 3D for sale, then found those games on an abandonware site and downloaded them for free on the abandonware site, that's piracy, however if there is no option to legally purchase them and you find them on an abandonware site, then that is not pirating, thats just downloading abandonware software. Also, its worth checking the license because if the copyright is out of date, there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. At least in the States. I know there are other countries in which any content created by someone is instantly copyrighted, but its not that way in the states, you need to buy a copyright license. but then you get into the origin of the thing, which country the site is hosted in, pyisically. It can get complicated, but if you're in good old 'merica, its simpler.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-05-15 03:57:09

I beg to differ on one point. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the US does have the concept that anything created in a fixed human or machine readable form instantly enjoys copyright protection. I think this has been true since around 1990. As I understand it, if you register with the US Copyright Office, you can be eligible for more or different damages in the event of copyright infringement.

2015-05-15 11:12:14

Well what Jaybird says about copywrite is true, though to be honest the law isn't my concern here.

The reason I say just because something isn't sold at the moment doesn't mean it can't be distributed is due to something far simpler. How many people would go onto pcs games or draconis and say "hay, I'm getting a 404, the game is not on sale so it's abandonware lets have a copy?" or still worse, "Draconis haven't sold anything for years, can we pirate their games then?" Lets be honest this sort of thing does, and would happenn. It gives people a very nice little getout for piracy and makes the site rules regarding supporting developers more ambiguous than they need to be.

Yes, people will always pirate games, but as I've said before this site exists to support developers, and while rules can be flexible supporting developers is the basic point here, and making sure that if  someone is! posting links to stuff that  was on sale, it's done in a way that makes sense  within the purpose of what audiogames.net is here for, ---- assuming someone is of course.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-05-15 15:01:43

Hello.
Well, We in Iran don't have copyright law for foreign software, and even for movies and musics that were produced in Iran this law is not very powerful.
however, I am totally agree with distributing BSC Games in Audiogames.net website. because, First, here is the center for finding and playing audio games. and second, there isn't any other way to download or buy them.
if a newly blind person comes here and after reading the description of one of BSC games wants to download them, what should he do?
you asked what if the bsc owner starts celling them tomorrow? well, you can remove the links whenever the owner asks you to do but not at this time that finding or buying the games legally is completely impossible.
even, the owner of bsc doesn't answer to any emails about his games.
making decision about the statis of his games shouldn't be very dificulte. playing BSC and bavisoft games are very enjoyable and unfortunately you are exclouding new people with playing them, and even there isn't a way for them to buy them legally.
And for the last sentence, I am not familiar With Copyright laws in the US and Europ, So can someone with a good knowledge of law come and make status of this softwares clear for everyone?
sorry for my bad english...

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-05-15 15:55:21

Adel,  as I said this is only vaguely to do with copywrite law really, particularly sinse copywrite laws have  gone a bit crazy in a lot of ways. My concern is always for developers of audiogames, and for what is best to support them in the community, hence why this site is still against stealing other people's games, but why I'm not looking too hard at people redistributing the Bsc and bavisoft games on the forum sinse your right, having these entirely unavailable would be a bad thing.

The reason the database can't give links is simply one of bad press sinse I don't want other developers, or indeed players believing the site is there to distribute stuff for free, or as I said for members to start unilaterally deciding that such and such is now abandonware for themselves.

2015-05-15 17:39:05

Hello.
I think we should respect the forum rules
If Dark says he can not be shared games of BSC Games for here.
Clarify that being a law student, I think this is not piracy, but I accept the rules of Dark.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-05-16 16:51:36

use the folloing link:

http://pmsworld.tdrealms.com/blindsoftw … d%20games/

2015-05-17 00:31:55

Hi.
In my opinion, it is reasonable for people to distribute these games as well as the unlock information. This is because I believe that Justin specificly said that he was closing his doors and no longer selling or maintaining. While he did offer a 75 dollar deal to buy all of his products as one package, that deal is no longer valid. I believe that he should have kept his games up as freeware if, as indeed he has said, he is no longer supporting them. While I am hugely against cracking, I believe that people have valid reasons for wanting them, because this is a different story. For someone like draconis or pcs games, people should not ask for those games for free, because as dark has said, they did not sepcificly say they were abondend. But bsc games is a different story.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven