2015-04-03 17:43:11 (edited by Lucas1 2015-04-03 17:45:28)

Me and Colton Hill are doing an interactive bgt course held over skype. This course requires calling on Skype so make sure you have a microphone if you want to speak and a Skype account if you want to join. If you want to take part, please copy this link into firefox:
skype:?chat&blob=tqJh3cqt_W9i_aJsxqBr_e7Cs6l10H1wixy4CeGh7CpHTDTH2cUkjsPAHIW-dOUqaSRRuWgyg13v1YoMWhqD0lq-cOQMHLQBUQqfkf40aeY5O1CfPFhc9A Or you can privately contact Colton through pm's I don't check mine. Post in this thread if you have questions, a trainer will hopefully answer. Also when you join the group, type the following into the chat box:
/get guidelines
There is also a btsync folder which you will be added too once you join the Skype group. This only works with btsync 1.3.109 and it can be downloaded from
http://coltonhill01.x10.mx/files/BTSync-1.3.109.exe

2015-04-06 00:12:17

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I do not have a hq microphone at present.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-04-07 02:50:09

You don't need an HQ mike, as long as we can understand you

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-07 03:40:38

Hello there. From what level will we start? I mean, I have made a few glittle games following the examples in the tutorial, but I didn't manage to complete the third example yet. I'm currently part of the Lion's Den team, though I'm not oficially a programmer of the team. I'm more the sound guy. It would be cool to gather some more knowledge.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-04-11 02:54:57

This actually looks pretty cool, I might join sooner or later considering i'm just getting back into BGT after a few years.
-Dgleks

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2015-04-20 02:12:54

I could start it up again, but it would only be me, a huge flat out drama fest went down in the group it originated from.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-21 00:03:37

Hi Colton, Sean here. I have always wanted to make my own game some day and Thought BGT was gonna be my break through. But, I still have trouble with it. Is there any way I might be able to get some audio recording of the interactive tutorial or something like it? I Really really want to learn and finally contribute my own ideas to the audio game community. Thanks so very much in advance. Take care.

2015-04-21 03:21:42

Hi,
Me and Colton are not doing the bgt course [see post 6], however, if you like you can add me on Skype and I can answer your questions. My Skype name is lucas.brown19. If colton wants to start up the bgt course again on his own, by all means join that, but I'm just saying in case he doesn't.

2015-04-21 23:11:58

I could also answer private questions, the course was a longshot anyways. If you want to add me on skype I'll either make a new account or give you my current one, screw capchas, lolts.

----------

2015-04-22 07:19:15

Well, My thing is that I am not sure how to follow instructions over Skype. I was looking for something that I could refer to over and over if need be. It takes me a few times to learn something like this. Especially something as huge as programing.

2015-04-22 13:08:34

I made some "courses" some time ago on the BGT discussion forum; they were just "subjects" with some help and explanations about what is a game loop, that kind of thing, from simple subjects to more complex. Maybe I should post them here, because the main problem of people isn't understanding what a while loop is or what a condition is, their main problem is : "ok I know the basics, how do I create a game from nothing now?"

2015-04-22 13:08:37

Well, there is, once you read the bgt language tutorial, a reffrance you can follow. To access the help, go to the start menu, the programs group, it might be programs or all programs depending on your version of windows, go to bgt, expand it or go into the submenu, and click help.

2015-04-22 13:17:29 (edited by Genroa 2015-04-22 13:20:05)

Yes but it seemed that people would have more example programs to built, and they don't seem to be able to make their own learning subjects smile

EDIT: is re-posted it on this forum at this link : http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 25#p213225

Don't forget to tell me if this could be useful for people to follow, or not smile

2015-05-13 23:43:05

Hey. I hate that I found this thread late lol! Is there still BGT courses going on?