2015-04-24 21:36:52

Hi,
I upgraded to Windows 10 and I found out that it basically sucked at accessibilty. I can't use the modern apps  and İnternet explorer with NVDA.  So how do you use Windows 10 with NVDA? İt also doesn't read the notifications and the start menu isn't accessible either

2015-04-24 22:11:08

I assume, at least NVDA might have some problem regarding compatibility with windows 10. Not really sure about Jaws, maybe they will work on jaws 17 to make it work with windows 10.
Most of the modern apps when you use jaws are accessible via touch cursor. It helps somewhat.

2015-04-25 01:12:09

Hi,
Mainly it works for me. I have had no accessibility issues with windows 10 so far - but we can't forget the Skype memory leak issue - damn you, Microsoft! Skype actually randomly slows my computer to such a crawl it starts disk cashing for about 4 seconds before the kernel gives it a hefty push out of the way and a 1.3 second lecture. (All of you will know what that is. A warning about memory usage to Skype.exe.) Seriously, why did Microsoft have to take over Skype technologies? To me, it sounds like they want to take over everything.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-25 10:01:25

Skype is the only one program who makes my computer crash. Although I'm not facing so much problems these days, but when It crashes, everything goes down. Also windows media player, don't know what the heck goes wrong with that, but when it crashes, jaws is prevented to speak. It's a real disgrace. I hate it.

2015-04-25 17:54:34

Simple salution to that last poster, stop using Windows media player, unless you're strictly using WMA files.
I still use the last version of Winamp on windows 7, and it works perfectly. The nice thing about Winamp, it plays .ogg files, and I can control it with my wireless headphones.

hth
smile

2015-04-25 19:01:02

Well, I would love to use winamp on my computer, but it crashes or delays. For example, I open an mp3 file, and it may start playing after 5 minutes or more. It works great on windows 7, but in windows 8.1, it's not supposed to do so. At least for me. I wouldn't stop using it for any reason, but this problem is making me consider using windows media player.

2015-04-26 01:10:15

It sounds like your computer's got a lot of problems.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-26 08:19:24

Nope, the computer doesn't have any problem, it was formatted about two weeks ago. Winamp crashed since its first day on this computer when I installed windows 8.1. About windows media player, I can say that its crashes are caused by jaws, because jaws slows it down, alittle.
Strangely enough though, Skype is not crashing. smile

2015-04-27 18:22:13

oh wow, it sounds .ike there are some compatibility issues with windows 8.1 and winamp. I would use a media player that is still is active called foobar 2000.

2015-04-28 00:54:29

Hi.
I use Winamp and am running windows eight point one.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-05-03 14:48:37

Hmm, Off-topic: does that winamp thingy is still on sale anymore? because as I heard before, somebody says that the company who own winamp was actually wants to sell winamp to another company. is that true?

2015-05-04 14:19:35

I don't know if they've already sold it or not, but I know that winamp hasn't released any new version since the December of 2013. I still love it and I wouldn't like to change it, but it's crashing.

2015-05-04 20:30:49

As yu will see here , they gotta bit of work to still be done.

In the mean time, stay tuned to the Official Winamp News Thread for updates.

2015-05-06 04:38:37

@Trenton, thanks for the news. again, sorry for going a bit off topic.

2015-05-06 16:28:07

hope they come up with something great. smile

2015-05-08 03:22:23

like cbenner said, I would recommend foobar2000. I use it every day and it never crashes unless you give it a badly corrupt file. Just my thoughts.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com