2014-12-16 01:58:01

How to Get Windows Like Function Keys on Your Chromebook

For you Windows users wanting to have a more happier time with using chrome devices, have a look at this here article. You may want to open the "Chrome OS Keyboard Explorer" feature, by pressing Chromevox-O-k. Press ctrl-w to close it.

Enjoy!

2014-12-18 16:36:43 (edited by queenslight 2014-12-18 16:39:57)

Apps Launcher Extension

Back in Post 49 , I mentioned that it wasn't easy to remove apps on a Chroebook if using Chromevox.
I'm hapy to have found within the Chrome Web Store, an extension called Apps Launcher , which is "extremely!" accessible with Chromevox, and probably will work with other screen readers too.

Once you've installed the extension from the store, you press alt-shift-t to focus on the toolbar, then arrow left or shift-tab to the "Apps" button. Once ya hit Space or enter, arror to the app you would like to launch, then press enter to open it. If you'd like to remove the installed app, do your favorite way to bring up the context menu for something, and you'll be presented with the "Remove App" dialog. Confirm ya wish to remove the by hitting the "Remove" button, or hit "cancel/Escape" to undo the removal.

Enjoy!

2014-12-18 18:09:30

Available For Android

For anyone thinking about getting a Chrome OS device, you can find a list of compatible Android Apps that work on Chrome OS, by heading on over to the Available For Android section of the Chrome Web Store.

I am happy to report by the way, Chromevox works with Android apps quite nicely! I am looking at the Sunrise Calendar app, and everything indeed does speak!

If you would like to suggest an Android app for inclusion inside the the Chrome Web Store, please Submit A Google Play Link via the "Google Form" linked above.

You can submit more than one gPlay link by the way... See its link on the "Thank You" page, after sharing your first link.

2014-12-18 22:18:17

@Mario: there is really not much documentation at all in the box, just a bit of paper with safety instructions and a diagram, with instructions for how to turn on your ChromeBook and begin to use it. Really, that's all you need.

The power key is on the top right. Have fun. smile

Just myself, as usual.

2014-12-18 23:22:45

Hi Seppi.
thanks for the info friend.
yeah, this system is very simple, but I thought that I could meet better the system through the manual.
but I understand that there is no need to.

cheers.

2014-12-28 02:55:32

Name Update!

I may go back to the original name, but just experimenting for now. Especially once I start making "official" communities, particularly a Google Plus one.

2014-12-28 13:02:38

Hello,
I'm looking forward to finding out what's going to be behind the post in post 1.

2015-01-03 06:29:26

Hi. What apps are really accessible though on chrome? Is reddit accessible with it? And how do you use facebook with it? Every time I use it, I'm on the regular no beta version of chrome, and chromevox says "like button" every time I press j or k, and that's all it does.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-01-03 15:03:22

Sorry if this is a "very" late reply...

To turn the screen off, you can either press the brightness keys, keyes 7 and 8 on the top row.

Ah, awesome ya got the Chromebook 11 too!
I never tried Crueton before though... Not sure how accessibility that is.
Yep, the main media player for Chromebooks is a bit of a let down,
As for a music player, check out Achshar Player:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … idnaejnkh/
Another one to take a look at, is called Enjoy Music Player:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … bekl?hl=en

Hope that helps!

2015-02-16 13:56:00

Has anyone found a good MUD client? And how about tips on using facebook with it?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-02-16 14:27:25 (edited by queenslight 2015-02-17 17:55:51)

Mud Clients

At this time, the best mud clients are:

Keep in mind, you will have to "Chromevox-up/down" acordingly, to read info, as with both, it is not automatic.
Unless there is a web based telnet client that supports ARIA, those are the current mud clients for Chrome that I know of that work well.

2015-02-16 14:47:15

Wow, okay. Hmm, any apps for making music, either by inputting some kind of notation or by playing a keyboard? And anything on using facebook with CV?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-02-16 16:16:15

For FB, best to use the mobile site, however the main site is "doable," though it can be a bit "over talkative" at times, especially if using the Facebook Messaging section.
As a side note, Facebook calls via the main site, works on Chromebooks, as FB has moved away from the Skype plugin, and is now using "Web RTC." At this time, Web Real Time Communication calls, can not link up with FB Mobile app ones. Unless they have a new update which I do not know about...

As for pianos, here is a Chrome Web Store search result list of them:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/piano

I haven't tried any of them yet with my Chromebook.

2015-02-16 16:32:43

Ah, I see.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2015-05-02 22:50:39

Name Change, And "Official" Community Suggestions!

Greettings!

First off, even though I haven't started the podcast itself yet, I've decided to change its name to not be so "blind" specific. Thus, I have a question for yall.

Which community, would you people prefer, for Chromevox discussion?
There is the  Official Chromevox/Chrome OS discussion group, however its low traffic, and I want to give folks a place to discuss it all.

My idea is using IRC for the place, but do you people have a more prefered home of location?

The most popular place folks pick, will be the home of Chromevox Today's community.
It will also be a place for Android discussion as well.

Have a great day folks~!