2015-04-26 23:01:43

As a recently famous book and tv series reminded us, Chaos is a ladder, (not sure which one, but it was something to do with playing with fancy chairs).

This is entirely wrong! Chaos is not a ladder, chaos is an absense of things filled with nasty squirmy viruses and continually escalating errors of doom! The viruses were mine, and namely why I've not been up to my newsily reporting duties for a while, and the nasty squirmy errors are unfortunately those on the database. Sinse however a ladder is built rung by rung, and viruses are slane, ---- mmm, by your body's imune system in their thousands (okay didn't really think that analogy through very well), either way I'll try and repare at least a little of the situation with this news post.

There have been a huge amount of developments, most of which you can learn about in The new releases room However in an effort to simplify matters I'm just going to highlight a few specifics.

Firstly, and most recently we have Psychostrike, a mix of stratogy, action and rpg from Vgstorm and Blastbay, the people who bought you Paladin of the skies, Adventure at C:, Bgt and Q9 respectively. This is a huge violent crime fest with extra characters, experience levels, weapons to gain and a real mix of genres, and is highly worth a look, find out more In this topic and don't forget to visit http://www.vgstorm.com/ to grab yourself a copy of the demo.

Next, we have Survive the wild, a huge online multiplayer sound based wilderness audiogame. Hunt animals (or other players), gather resources and use a very detailed crafting system to make items from bows and arrows to boats. REad up on the game's development in This topic and Grab the game here on the Samtupi games website. This one is still in development with many new things being added regularly, so survivalists, don't forget to check back.

Then, for all those droid lovers out there, there is a new title for Android. Rapytap is an action/arcade style game that is completely compatible with talkback as you tap different squares on screen when instructed. find out more in This topic and chat to the game's developer, a newcomer to Accessible games 22 point. Also for those who want to dive streight in you can Find the game here on the google play store

In the world of gamebooks, choiceofgames have been up to their usual tricks, with new choiceofgames titles including the complex fantasy choice of the petal throne, and new hosted games such as the shadow horror.

finally, in this quick whistle stop store of news and effort to remove the tides of chaos we have a mega announcement! Entombed 2 is in development! That is right, the awsome audio rpg with the amazing multi job system and ever changing dark dungeon looks to have a sequel.
entombed 2 is being entirely rewritten from the ground up with the intention of keeping some aspects of the first game, the two job system, body part targeting, but adding many new ones, such as a rank system for combat, much more to do in the environment, and best of all the ability to mod the game and create your very own dungeons, or just expand the existing monster list with your own nasties.

To check out any new versions and join in the discussions and speculations, see Yonder topic

Of course this is just a selection of some of the new goodness available, in an attempt to keep the viruses from the door, so it's definitely recommended people who haven't been on our forums for a while check out our new releases room for more information.

in the mean time, enjoy, and beware of viruses, ---- and ladders, and viruses climbing ladders, and don't walk under any ladders with viruses on them, and especially don't walk under any viruses with ladders on them, sinse that would be craaaazy!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-04-28 19:32:29

Well done, Dark! big_smile

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-04-29 11:08:16

Glad you like, I admit this one was a little random, but as I said  there has been lots of news during the point that both the db and myself have been inactive. I think i highlighted some of the major developments, and I'll try and get back to news posting as normal next time something crops up.

I also wil get back to db editing as soon as Sander and Richard have the thing functional, sinse while we're not as badly behind as we were before christmas there are still things that need adding, as per usual.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)