2015-04-10 14:42:05

Meer words cannot express my anger right now. Google has shut down their google translate API, making the NVDA addon completely useless. This also multiplies the time needed to translate text by about 10. It's been a fun ride, but I guess the days of the japanese invasion are over.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-04-10 14:54:13

Hello,
Don't be so hasty. A new addon can probably be written. It will just take time, that is all.

2015-04-10 18:50:33

Hi,

well, that's more than annoying. Even if another addon is written, it will still not work until it's done. If someone even does it. I find this quite frustrating right now.

2015-04-10 19:08:00

Hi,
This is sad. This means that now we have to depend on translations from within the games, which really sucks.

2015-04-10 23:20:14

the main translate website still seems to be functioning, so what did they shut down and why?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-04-11 00:52:55

The API keys that allow third party applications to access the translation features without going through the web browser.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-04-11 07:52:42

Ah. Well, that makes things difficult... that sucks indeed! But there has to be a workaround... this just means more reaching out to the developers and assisting where we may with translating these games.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-04-11 09:10:13

That's really sad. Are there not other alternatives available?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-04-11 09:17:20

Nothing that would pull the text from the game, translate it and then feed it back to you through the clipboard. Now the only way seems to be ingame translations.. which will take a very long time. Ah well. Now anyone who doesn't read Japanese or know it will have the same experience as sighted console gamers... find out the story by talking to people who play them and reading walkthroughs / watching playthroughs of the game.

2015-04-11 13:10:25

Hello,
Unless someone can create an addon using something like the bing translate API. The thing is, I don't think Instant Translate was just used by gamers, and soon enough lots of people are going to notice, it's definitely one of NVDA's more popular addons.
Now, I don't think the API has been fully shut down. There are some twitter clients that are managing to get google translate working again, with some osrt of code update. It might just e an update that has to be done.

2015-04-11 17:58:38

Hi,

yeah, well. Reading walkthroughs and talking to people to find out the story? Honestly, how many blind gamers speak japanese good enough to really understand the games completely? And if we even have any walkthroughs for these games, they are without the story part, just the instructions how to complete the game. That's nothing like the sighted gamers community, which is simply large enough to have some to get things translated. Helping with translations is a nice idea, but I myself simply don't speak the language and most others don't, either. So where should the translation come from? This really sucks.

2015-04-11 18:12:36

Ooooo, this sounds like a good project for a Computer Science major! Plus, I love Japanese games, NVDA, Python, etc. So, I can start looking into it! Or, people could start learning the language!! lol No, but seriously, if a solution isn't found by the summer of this year, I would be happy to develop a little something. I rather busy at the moment, and don't really feel like occupying myself with other activities. I've never used the add-on in question, but I imagine alternative translation services are available with working APIs.

2015-04-11 18:18:55

wow, so, this is the reason when i want to translate a text with instant translate i got an error?,
damn, its really suck
i hope some one can do somethink for this trobble

2015-04-11 19:07:48

Kaigoku, it would definitely be an interesting project... and an alternate would be good for those who don't speak Japanese, since as Ticky did say correctly... not many people, at least on this forum, probably know enough of both languages to translate all the games. And Ticky, many of these sighted gamers don't understand the entire games either, just enough of them to infer and pull details from what little they do understand. I didn't say that was the only option, that simply is the best one right now, until an alternate can be worked out. And the translation wil come from anyone who does know the language, EG Kaigoku, myself, and anyone who is at least willing to learn it.

2015-04-11 19:49:23

Fear not. It seems to work again, you just need to download the dev addon.
http://addons.nvda-project.org/files/in … nvda-addon
The commands seem to be a little different though, its laidered. So you press nvda shift T, then C to translate through clipboard. Not sure if I like it but hey. At least its something.

2015-04-11 22:48:19

Hello,
I think it is fixed. There are some new shorcuts, you ahve to grab the very latest dev build. For clipboard, press nvda plus shift plus t, then when you hear a beep, press shift plus t. If you press nvda plus shift plus t then h, it gives you the new commands.
The link to the addon is:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/files/in … nvda-addon

2015-04-11 23:18:58

yeah, the 3.0 dev version works. Relieve sighhs here.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-04-11 23:40:35

That's all well and good, but if I can understand the code I might change it to work like the old shortcuts instead of this new layout.

2015-04-12 00:24:22

You can changing the shortcut key by going to nvda Preferences  subMenu and import gestures.

2015-04-12 09:13:22

@claw
Thanks a bunch, I totally forgot about that. Works a treat.

2015-04-12 18:47:13

Hi,
wow, that's just great! I'm really glad there is a working addon! Well, this shows that some problems do have a rather simple solution after all. big_smile

2015-04-14 20:29:35

Hi all
The addon's developers must be informed about that to update it or do something, if this possible.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-04-14 20:38:37

Ah sorry, I didn't read the previous posts, I downloaded the new addon, thanks Aaron.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-04-14 23:42:55

I don't deserve all of the credit, but you are still welcome. I unfortunately can't find the other topic to find out who was the original poster of the addon news.

2015-04-15 00:15:20

lol it was arabic Three Thousand