2008-04-23 04:44:04

Around dodge city and in the terratory on west, there's just one way to handle the killers and the spoilers, and that's with a uS martial and the smell of GUNSMOKE!!!

this is the story of the violence that moved west with yung America, and the story of a man who moved with it.

"I'm that man, Mat dillan, United states martial. The first man they look for, and the last they want to meat.
It's a chancy job, and it makes a man watchfull...and a little lonely."

As you can tell, I love old time radio shows.

If you think I am crazy, your darn right!

I just popped on the forum, 'cause I love audiogames.

well, sence gunsmoke and Have gun, will travel, are my two favorite old radio shows, I picked gunsmoke.

What That message at the top was what you heard at the beginning of every eppisode.  Of course, there was music two.

Is there anyone on hear who like either gunsmoke or have gun will travel?

I was going to name myself "palliden" from have gun will travel, but I didn't

Well I'll shut up now.

What do you think of my name?
And more importantly, what do you think of me?

I am the wistler.
And I knoe many things for I walk by night.
I no many strange tales hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows.
Yes! I no the nameless terrors of witch they dare not speak!

2008-04-23 05:34:10 (edited by dark empathy 2008-04-23 05:36:38)

Hi there Marshal!

I think yous gettin' the award for the most impressive entrance post on these here forums ;D.

I'm afraid sinse I'm 25, and in England, I've not come across the radio shows you mentioned, ---- in fact I only vaguely remember the name from some Sf stories by people like Ray Bradberry, but hay, so it goes.

I have recently found a lot of freely produced good ameter sf and horror audio drama on the net though, such as that on http://www.darkerprojects.com/ Not to mention a hole bunch of online podcast books from www.podiobooks.com, ---- in fact any recommendations of fun intnet audio would be welcome, sinse there's so much available I'm not sure which way to turn, lol!

Any particular favourite games or game genres? Sinse your a western fan, have you tried the rather amusing wild west table in esp pinball Xtreme from Draconis entertainment? How about the grizly gulch game from bavisoft? (nice, but slightly symplistic imho).

for actual quick draw and gun use, have you tried any of the full 3D games such as shades of doom from Gma games?

Good to have you aboard.

Btw, sinse paladin is the name which another of our members uses on the online rpg game sryth.com, it would've been slightly confusing for me if you'd chosen that one, so I'm glaed you didn't.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-23 06:19:01

Hi dark,
I have grizzly gulch and SOD, both are great.

As for radio and shows like that, I would recomend,
www.radiolovers.com
Yep, I love the western table in pinball.

I am actually from the western united states, and I have nearly every eppisode of gunsmoke on my computer and cd.

Maby I could send you one and you tell me how you like it.

Well, I got to saddle up and hit the hey (Its past my dreamy time).

lader partnor

I am the wistler.
I no many strange tales hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows.

2008-04-23 11:41:42

I think you're a little insane...

You'll fit right in tongue

Welcome to the forum, stick about and you might just find out how insane some of us can be.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-23 11:42:44

Saddle up and hit the hay? odd combination, I'm now thinking of you riding dramatically off into the sunset only to slam your horse streight into a haystack, lol!

Thanks for the link, I'll have a check.

appart from the book and film Pale rider, I've not really had a lot to do with the hole western genre, --- unless of course you count the scifi series firefly, lol!

It's probably something I need to look into. Thanks for the radio link.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-23 14:55:04

lol dark. Welcome to the forum, Yeah we are really insane sometimes, as ou can probably notice

2008-04-23 16:39:18

LOL. Really insane? Who's that?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-23 17:08:42

Well I have a link to a wikipedia entry on the Flying Spaghetti Monster in my signature, that good enough?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-23 17:13:33

ha I am gunna have to agree with CX2 there, I did check that out and it sent me to wikipedia about some jaz thing I think

Happy to have ya aboard Marshal, I like your attitude

Connor

2008-04-24 05:00:46

Hey, Yeah, I did say I was going to saddle up and hit the hey,

That's what I did.

I got off my prehistoric computer and went to get my horse.
I then put a saddle on him, mounted him, and urged him into a full gallope.

After about 5 seconds, I realized that I hadn't even opened the barn door yet, and we went flying into a hey stack.

I lay there and then after like 10 seconds I fell asleep, while my horse slammed through the wall, and fell asleep.

I'm crazy.

(this next bit is quoted from a gunsmoke eppisode)

"back in the west, it was hard times.  Men quarlled over even the simplest things, like a spilled drink, and killed over things such as a poker game gone wrong.
Next week, a man comes to Dodge who refuses to fight with anyone.
And that was the west"

That was the star of gunsmoke (william Conrad) who played the original Mat Dillan speeking.

Gunsmoke was also a TV show in the 1960's, but starring James rNESS instead of William Conrad.

But, I've had a long day catching bad guys, so me and Chester Proudfoot (my assistant) are going to go to are own homes and hit the hey, although, I wont be on a horse this time.  LOL

Good Night, YALL

Lader Partners.

I am the wistler.

2008-04-24 08:36:27

Laugh. Just so you know the word spam there should have been the game P O K E R. That's the spam filter at work.

CJ, read further down. It's saying "bobby henderson redirects here, for the other bobby henderson who plays Jazz go here" then dives in to the Flying Spaghetti Monster article itself... which was someone's attempt at convincing their school board in the US that teaching Intelligent Design in science class is a baaaad idea.

cx2
-----

2008-04-24 16:26:49

oh okay

Connor

2008-04-24 22:16:15

Hmm. Matt you're a bit insane if you ask me. I'm no more insane than you are, though. You'll fit right in. Welcome aboard!
smile

2008-04-24 22:57:04

Sounds like something I might try to do. LOL. Now where is that hourse and my Ring of rings?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-25 18:11:16 (edited by aaron 2008-04-25 18:12:15)

hi martial and all,
Ok, it's official. i'd like to hear an episode of gunsmoke. is there anywhere online where we could listen (or download) any episodes? or even better is there anywhere i the uk that cells them on cd?
edit: i say even better in case downloading them might be ilegal. well it's kind of old, so... well... i dunno. although i do download torrents that are well... recent, shall we say.

2008-04-26 03:55:24

yes, you can get some eppisodes at
www.radiolovers.com

Or, I might poste an eppisode or two.
Let me knoe what you think?

I am the wistler.