2015-03-24 09:04:16

hi all!
I have a question: how to make all the sounds of my game loaded at the beginning of the script, so as not to refer to them whenever I need them. I want to do is to speed up the game, remove the excess load on the processor, but the textbook bgt described this technique is not very clear. (sorry for some errors in my English speech. I use a translator to write messages here. )

2015-03-24 13:39:18

The example in the manual does seem a bit complicated.
I wonder if loading all the filenames into an array, then doing a for loop to load the sounds would work?

For example:

string[] files=find_files("sounds/*.*");
sound snd;
for(uint i=0; i<files.length(); i++) {
if(snd.active) snd.close();
snd.load(files[i]);
}

I'm not sure if that works. If I understand correctly, it should.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-03-24 14:17:08

CAE_Jones, thank you very much. but you couldn't explain how to make vector 3d space by means of bgt? examples of its use: rtr, swump, shades of doom... the character can turn on parts of the world on degrees. we will allow, I have a field 50 on 50 cages with any sound object on coordinates 20 20. my character can shooters up and down move across the field, keys of arrows to the right and will turn to the left. explain please, if not difficult as such to realize. I will be very grateful.

2015-03-24 15:45:03

Eh, it's hard to explain. I don't know how Shades and RTR, etc do this. Swamp uses tiles, though.
I think I have examples, but not on this computer.

You have three issues;

• Represent the map

• maneuver the actors

• get collisions between the actors and the map.

The first one is where you have the most choice.
I think someone needs to write an article on this subject. It's the most asked question, and it does not have a straight-forward, general-purpose answer. Even with such an answer, if you don't understand why a certain technique is used, I'd expect you to run into more confusion later.

Let's just focus on how Swamp works: 2D arrays of tiles.
There are several ways to implement tile arrays!
Swamp uses a 2D array of ints (there are rarely more than 32 types of tile in one map, so single bytes, or int8[][] is fairly efficient.).
The ints are the index in the list of tile definitions. One could make a 2D array of tile objects, but that would be much less efficient, since most maps reuse the same tiles many times.

The tile definitions aren't strictly necessary; it depends on your game, and how reusable you want code to be (reusable code is extremely popular, and with good reason).

So you might want something like this:

class tile {
    string name; // EX: grass, pavement, steel, wall, pole, etc.
    string snd; // The sound for interacting with this tile. In swamp, this is either a directory name (for floor tiles), or a filename (for impassable tiles).
    int8 type=0; // This could represent height, floor/wall/impassable, or something more generic like floor/wall/fire.
}

Then the map would look like this:

class map {
    tile@[] list; // tile definitions.
    int8[][] tiles;
    // Swamp includes zones, which you might do like this:
    string[] zonenames;
    int8[][] zone1;
    int8[][] zone2;
}

You would need to define what tile types mean what. Let's keep using Swamp as an example, and go with 1=floor, 2=wall, 4=impassable (like cars, pews, etc).

First, we need a function to rotate vectors:

vector rotate(vector p, vector o, double theta) {
vector r;
r.x = (cosine(theta) * (p.x-o.x)) - (sine(theta) * (p.y-o.y)) + o.x;
r.y = (sine(theta) * (p.x-o.x)) + (cosine(theta) * (p.y-o.y)) + o.y;
return r;
}// Rotate.

Where p=the vector to rotate, and o=the origin.

Enemies and players alike probably have several things in common, so let's give them a superclass:

class actor {
    vector position;
    vector velocity;
    double angle=0.0; // east.
    double health;
    // do all actors have weapons, ammo, etc?
}

Now, your move_actor function might look like this:

const vector zero(0, 0, 0);

vector move_actor(actor@ me, map@ place, double dt) {
    // Rotate the velocity vector. It isn't great to do this all the time, but in bgt it might help to do it this way.
    vector v=rotate(me.v, zero, me.angle);
   // Get the destination:
    vector destination=pose+(v*dt);

// Now, determine if the destination is a walkable tile.
    // Warning: this function doesn't check for extremely high speeds!
    int x=round(destination.x, 0); // The map only has integer precision, but actors can move with double precision.
    int y=round(destination.y, 0);

// Out of bounds:
    if(x<0 or y<0 or x>=place.tiles.length() or y>=place.tiles[x].length()) return me.position;
    // Save the destination tile, just to save typing:
    tile@ t=place.list[place.tiles[x][y]];
    // Notice: if the tile at [x, y] is not set correctly, this line will result in an index out of bounds error.
    if(t.type==1) {
        return destination;
    }
    else {
        return actor.position;
    }
}

You might call this function like so:

double dt=game_timer.elapsed/1000.0;
player.position=move_actor(player, current_map, dt);

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-03-24 18:57:22

CAE_Jones, mmm, сложно для понимания, но большое спасибо за информацию. я попробую реализовать всё это на практике. и у меня последний вопрос, если я вам ещё не надоел D... можете подсказать, как сделать 3D позиционирование звука в bgt?  то есть, чтобы применялась ещё и переменная z - высота. такая технология используется в игре 3d platformer.  в bgt нету стандартной функции для позиционирования 3d.

2015-03-24 19:18:08

You could try this:
http://www.blastbay.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1663

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.