2015-03-17 12:06:33

No, there is nothing wrong. I hear no sounds anytime i go into that pack.

2015-03-18 00:48:07

Hi,
First off, interesting game, it's frustrating but addictive at the same time, depending on how well the packs have been put together.

Secondly, I'm working on a couple of things.  A Mortal Kombat pack (not an MK3 one) and a metal pack of sorts.  I won't set a release date, as I've seen so many projects, kickstarters etc anger fans by setting those.  I can say categorically that when it's done and I feel ready to hand it to the public, it'll be done and I'll hand be ready to hand it to the public.

Look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with in the future for this title.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-03-18 06:13:53

Ah, I don't think too many people would be upset if you gave a rough idea of when those packs might be done. They're just parts of the game, after all, and we're getting new ones all the time.
Still, if you want to surprise us, that's cool too. I don't know if you saw the other topic where soundpacks are being discussed, but if you have seen it, you'll know that I, personally, will be excited to see a metal pack. So take your time with it, and make it awesome.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-03-18 20:52:32

@turtlepower17:
I just don't want to give a release date.  Partly because I've seen other devs pulled up on those and also because I have no idea of when I'm going to get them finished.  But thanks for showing support.  I just put the post here and not in the soundpacks topic as it's partially about the game itself as well as mentioning that these packs are being worked on.  If I had a playable pack, the situation would be different.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-03-19 03:07:26

Ok, I respect that. I get where you're coming from.
Still looking forward to playing those packs, whenever you get around to releasing them.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-03-22 19:07:37

Hi!
I noticed another pack, which isn't played any sounds here. It is Bomberman.
I have a question. What is it, if some packs doesn't work.
Also, I have a question for that. Janas pack and Bomberman pack works good on Your computers?
Note: I don't think Bomberman2 pack. It works good.
Thanks, Marco.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-03-22 20:43:22

Hello,
I'm not sure why this happens. For one of my packs under development, no one could play it but me and I had to keep having a go at renaming it until it finally worked. I tihnk you have to use a pack's original name to make it work properly.

2015-03-22 22:34:14

Yes.
But, How do You think It, properly?

2015-03-22 22:38:05

Moment, I try It.
This is not reason of name. Maibe, file format or something, like these.
This is a pleasure. Try found this problem.
I explain It again, pack works, but without any sounds.
So It means, that nothing is played.

2015-03-23 10:08:52

Hi.
I'm also wandering how this can happen. I mean, people wouldn't upload packs which just plays nothing, and if they did, the packs wouldn't be confirmed and released by Oriol. It's pretty weird.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-03-23 20:47:54

Yes, shurely.
But, maybe It exist some explanation.

2015-03-24 17:22:48

Hi.
Yes because people upload packs and they change the name of the pack file and it is clearly explained in the readme that if you do that the pack will not have any sounds but oh well
People still don't get it
I'll try to fix these packs in due time but I have exams at university etc etc so I can't really do this at the moment
sorry guys

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-03-24 23:24:33

Hello,
From what I can tell because the game creates a unique encription key for each pack, that's why when the name is changed it won't work, as maybe it can't find the key or something. Interestingly, the more I think about this, the more it makes sense actually.

2015-03-25 19:33:39

i like this game, i am good at the actual boppit game, and i can sort of say the same for this, but i have to admit the default soundpack is sort of confusing for me. i expect the smmack me on the space bar fro some odd reason, but hey, it's just me being wierd.
Lol

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2015-03-26 12:30:06

Guys I uploaded some new packs so go get them! If you created a pack, like colton's alter aeon pack that wouldn't extract because you f*cking renamed it again, go reupload it without changing the name please. smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-03-26 21:00:35

Hi oriol and players. I discovered this game recently and I am really excited. I have some questions, sorry if this was asked and answered before. I gained some money and bought the eloquence pack. Yes, that one simple where it says the appropriate keys. So I win all levels and get to the random. In random, I am getting safe cards after each one or two keypresses, is that fine or is it some kind of bug? the second question is, would it be possible to translate the game to other languages? I mean the main menu, numbers and stuff, not soundpack. Are you planning this? I can translate it to slovak.

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2015-03-27 03:08:26 (edited by phantom_flutist 2015-03-27 03:16:55)

Hi guys,

I am having a strange issue where I am constantly getting the "new update" message with each startup of the game. I've downloaded the update 3 times just in case I really was missing an update, and on the third time, I checked the update and it was the same version I already had, according to the changelog. It's like the game doesn't register that it's been updated. Anyone else experiencing this?

Upcate: It does appear that other people have experienced this, and I wrote before completely checking. Installed it for the last time and it does indeed appear to be fixed.

2015-03-27 07:51:57

hi, you should probably download the game again from the website.

2015-03-27 22:42:06

We should be able to use enter to skip game over sounds, it's taking too long on some of the soundpacks and I am too impatient to listen to it.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-03-29 12:49:30

Helo all.

I have got problems with Beatstar. I have Window-eyes for office and it launches every time when I launch the game. Never mind, but I have got another problem. when I am in the list of downloadable soundpacks it sometimes doesn`t read names of packs. I have to press up and down arrow to know what is in the list. Please, why I have this problem?

Thanks, Vojta.

2015-03-29 12:59:42

which screenreader do you using normally during game play?

2015-03-29 13:01:38

The game itself have libraries for nvda and maybe for other screenreaders. If you are running for example jaws and after launch you get Win Eyes, this may comfuse the game which reader is running so the reading of soundpacks is not working properly.

2015-03-29 13:08:16

Ofcourse, so don't use a Window eyes, maybe NVDA is better.
Or, this is a request for Oriol Gomez.

2015-03-29 15:47:33

Hello.

I use normally Winmonitor or NVDA.Or when I would like to play, Win-eyes launches automatically. I would like to use it with Word, etc.

Vojta.

2015-03-29 15:53:51

Well, it's a bug within bgt, not in the game itself. So just uninstall that crappy reader.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page